As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

World War Hulk Thread: Don't Be Fucking Ninnies

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    JCM wrote: »
    Juss a question, is it Heroes for hire #11? Saw nothing in it showing that, am I reading the wrong issue?
    Anyone got the # in which its revealed that it was
    Miek/Brood exploded the ship

(Its the only HFH at my mate´s place)

HfH #11 is the WWH tie in, and I just re-read it and I'm not seeing that either.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You aren't seeing it because it's not there - mattharvest is wrong.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You aren't seeing it because it's not there - mattharvest is wrong.

Ok... so its another made-up fact from the "Reed is as innocent as Jesus" crowd.

Oh well, here I was hoping i could like Iron man again.. D:

JCM on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jesus, between Graizur, matt, and JCM it's fucking impossible to read anything Marvel related without getting retarded bullshit hurled at you.

The Muffin Man on
    edited June 2007
    *whine whine*

Since when did "Graphic violence" become "the off-topic whiner´s corner"?

Over 23 pages, no proof of Hulk killing/rampaging without being provoked.
    Over 20 made-up facts thrown at me, which I have corrected and posted scans to demonstrate why.
    Over 5 pages, and all the "Cho is wrong" kids havent proven a single point of his wrong.
    and one whiner above me who seems to only post to nag about another poster who thinks the therad is World War muffin man.

God I love this forum.

JCM on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    graizur dont quote shit you heard in the matrix as fact.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, I think if you look at the title as being Hulk as the king of another planet, it makes more sense calling this a world war than calling the two real world wars that.

Unless a World War is a war that spans the world.

So this would be Worlds War Hulk, since it spans two worlds.

OUR WORLDS AT WAR (HULK)

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    *whine whine*

Over 20 made-up facts thrown at me, which I have corrected and posted scans to demonstrate why.
    Over 5 pages, and all the "Cho is wrong" kids havent proven a single point of his wrong.
    and one whiner above me who seems to only post to nag about another poster who thinks the therad is World War muffin man.

God I love this forum.

Ok, just because I feel like playing along. Cho isn't all upset that there was a warpcore on the shuttle, in fact the opposite. When he asked Reed if there was, Reed says no then says he has to run some numbers, when Cho says he already has and that there are no other inhabitable planets within the range of a non-warp shuttle.

So yes, Cho is upset that Reed killed the Hulk and thinks that he's a monster for it. But it's not because Reed blew the Hulk up, but rather sent him to a planet with no way of supporting life so the Hulk would eventually die.

incrediblehulk100033or2.jpg
    Edited to add image

NinjaSquirrel on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    graizur wrote: »
    Well the Brood as a species are basically parasites. Not really evil. I mean humans are parasites. We don't contribute anything to nature we just eat it and destroy it. While the idea of a completely parasitic race evolving sentience is a tough one once you have them they are required to follow through on their nature. They have every right to exist and copulate and perpetuate their species as anyone else.

You've watched The Matrix one too many times.
    A. The Brood are evil. Have you ever read old X-Men comics featuring The Brood? Those are some diabolical sons-of-bitches (daughters of bitches?)
    B. Humans contribute to the environment all over the place.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited June 2007
    *whine whine*

and one whiner above me who seems to only post to nag about another poster who thinks the thread is World War muffin man.

God I love this forum.

Ok, just because I feel like playing along. Cho isn't all upset that there was a warpcore on the shuttle, in fact the opposite. When he asked Reed if there was, Reed says no then says he has to run some numbers, when Cho says he already has and that there are no other inhabitable planets within the range of a non-warp shuttle.

So yes, Cho is upset that Reed killed the Hulk and thinks that he's a monster for it. But it's not because Reed blew the Hulk up, but rather sent him to a planet with no way of supporting life so the Hulk would eventually die.

incrediblehulk100033or2.jpg
    Edited to add image

Reed´s conversation was pretty much... hmm, no.. wait.. talk about someone stealing his thunder, but if you want to take the "no" as him saying there wasnt, that also makes Reed a liar.
    022ed5.jpg

WARP core compromised.

Unless Wapt Core and Warp drive happen to be two totallu unrelated things, but heck if Marvel could put out some techno-babble dictinary for its fans.

Cho felt the reactor was enough to mention, and for those who kept saying "cho is just a kid who her-worships the Hulk" is Cho wrong in any of the pages?

JCM on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Because just mentioning a warp care is enough to assume you mean that someone used it s a weapon?

august on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He's saying "Wait a second", not "No, there was no warp core"

Fencingsax on
    edited June 2007
    august wrote: »
    Because just mentioning a warp care is enough to assume you mean that someone used it s a weapon?

When its potent enough to kill Hulk´s wife, who has traded blows with him on an equal footing and had survived Sakaar-made bombs, and an entire city, yeah
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Agreed.

BTW, I really recommend picking up Iron Man´s WWH tie-in, although it doesnt justify him not asking banner, it at least tells us that he considered it, with this issue and a retcon on concentration camp/villains hunting heroes bit in Civil War, he could make a fine hero again.

After getting smashed and exiting ICU that is.

JCM on
  • De-XDe-X Registered User new member
    edited June 2007

When its potent enough to kill Hulk´s wife, who has traded blows with him on an equal footing and had survived Sakaar-made bombs, and an entire city, yeah
    Agreed.

BTW, I really recommend picking up Iron Man´s WWH tie-in, although it doesnt justify him not asking banner, it at least tells us that he considered it, with this issue and a retcon on concentration camp/villains hunting heroes bit in Civil War, he could make a fine hero again.

...without legs...

De-X on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Assuming he makes it to the ICU. I figure he joins Black Bolt. It looks like Hulk's collecting superheroes like they're fucking Pokeymans. :P

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

Agreed.

"no, no one kills the hulk."

your selective reading is astounding.

Angry on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Okay, here are the scans: I don't have the physical issue, so I don't know what number this is from, but scans_daily has them up already.

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/3674153.html#cutid2

It quite clearly shows how malicious and manipulative Miek/Brood are, and show that we're supposed to see them as having blown up the world.

How about we avoid ad-hominem attacks where people call me and others liars, or at least give people time to respond before getting all insult-heavy.

mattharvest on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

What does the size of the explosion have to do anything? That page doesn't necessarily show that Cho thinks Reed used the Warp Core as a bomb, nor even if he does think that, that he is correct.

august on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Okay, here are the scans: I don't have the physical issue, so I don't know what number this is from, but scans_daily has them up already.

It quite clearly shows how malicious and manipulative Miek/Brood are, and show that we're supposed to see them as having blown up the world.

How about we avoid ad-hominem attacks where people call me and others liars, or at least give people time to respond before getting all insult-heavy.

No, no it doesn't. It shows that miek is eager to break shit and that he's quite the opportunistic little bug.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that miek fiddled with the core (though I'd have to wonder how he engineered a warpcore breach; I don't belive any of the natives were that technologically suave and the more obvious method of hitting it would have caused it to go up a lot faster), just that this is far from a smoking gun.

Gaddez on
    edited June 2007
    Angry wrote: »

Agreed.

"no, no one kills the hulk."

your selective reading is astounding.

Hey, its off-topic kid again, did you learn to read yet?
    Ok, just because I feel like playing along. Cho isn't all upset that there was a warpcore on the shuttle, in fact the opposite. When he asked Reed if there was, Reed says no then says he has to run some number

Replied by
    and
    Reed´s conversation was pretty much... hmm, no.. wait.. talk about someone stealing his thunder, but if you want to take the "no" as him saying there wasnt, that also makes Reed a liar.

But hey, one day you´ll learn to read, and maybe contribute to the conversation, troll.

JCM on
    edited June 2007
    Gaddez wrote: »

This?
    miekbad.jpg
    Was from Hulk #103.

The one where they called him to see the video playback in full, which they found in the ship.
    Nothing to do with the warpcore.

Heroes for Hire just had Brood slink away to make a nest for her kids, and said NOTHING on miek and Brood doing anything against Hulk, which you claimed.

JCM on
    edited June 2007

This?
    miekbad.jpg
    Was from Hulk #103.

The one where they called him to see the video playback in full, which they found in the ship.

Heroes for Hire just had Brood slink away to make a nest for her kids, and said NOTHING on miek and Brood doing anything against Hulk, which you claimed.

What does the size of the explosion have to do anything?

That its not a simple explosion, but one as strong as a nuclear explosion, and that even Cho noticed it.

That Reed put something that dangerous in a ship, knowing well his record in sending ships to teh right place is abysmal.

And he and Stark could just have fucking asked.

Iron Man´s excuse "that he´d know" is stupid, as Hulk knows they can send him away anytime, Dr Strange has sent him to another dimension more than once. They couldve have just asked.

JCM on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

This?
    miekbad.jpg
    Was from Hulk #103.

Well, except for the fact that Hulk said He'll leave well enough alone if the four responsible for his exile are given to him. Also, he isn't really for completely screwing up the human race. So Miek and Brood doing this behind his back kinda is going against him. I want to know rock dude's reaction to Thor is dead, though.

Fencingsax on
    edited June 2007
    Didnt Blake get the hammer already in Fantastic Four, and dissapear?

I was kinda hoping Thor would appear in the end of WWH, as a last challenger, after Sentry discovers that Hulk´s wife died and the illuminati shot his friend, who he already feels guilty of having hurt before, to space and chickens out.

Question, who is the guy with the sword in the bar in WWH? The one who says "not yet" when everyone thinks Hulk is done for?

JCM on
  • RepoxRepox Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

I was kinda hoping Thor would appear in the end of WWH, as a last challenger, after Sentry discovers that Hulk´s wife died and the illuminati shot his friend, who he already feels guilty of having hurt before, to space and chickens out.

Question, who is the guy with the sword in the bar in WWH? The one who says "not yet" when everyone thinks Hulk is done for?

It is a guitar and the person is Rick Jones.

Repox on
    edited June 2007

And I apologize for the ad hominem attack on you.

Well, except for the fact that Hulk said He'll leave well enough alone if the four responsible for his exile are given to him. Also, he isn't really for completely screwing up the human race. So Miek and Brood doing this behind his back kinda is going against him. I want to know rock dude's reaction to Thor is dead, though.
    Exactly.
    Hulk has made it pretty clear in all this that all he wants is the 4 who've decided to send him into space. Hence why he didn't mention Namor or Black Panther. Both of whom wanted nothing to do with the Illuminati(in the case of Namor, that wasn't until they decided to fire him into space).

Brood and Miek deciding "Hey let's make some babies and take over Earth" is pretty much going against him.

The Muffin Man on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    And I apologize for the ad hominem attack on you.
    That's very mature. Thanks.
    Exactly.
    Hulk has made it pretty clear in all this that all he wants is the 4 who've decided to send him into space. Hence why he didn't mention Namor or Black Panther. Both of whom wanted nothing to do with the Illuminati(in the case of Namor, that wasn't until they decided to fire him into space).

Brood and Miek deciding "Hey let's make some babies and take over Earth" is pretty much going against him.

I think, arguably, this is just an extension of the old "Hulk has no real friends" thing: while I don't think we're supposed to see the wife as being evil, it seems like everyone else in Hulk's life - from Earth or otherwise - is almost without fail at least manipulating him.

All I know is, Cho better die before this is all over. I don't care how, I don't care why, I just want it to happen.

mattharvest on
  • OolongOolong Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    JCM, have you managed to notice that Reed says "No one kills the Hulk" on the page you keep quoting in an attempt to prove that Reed tried to kill the Hulk?

Oolong on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Yes. But the Thor series AFAIK takes place after WWT when Thor actually, you know, returns to Earth.

Crimsondude on
    edited June 2007
    Oolong wrote: »
    JCM, have you managed to notice that Reed says "No one kills the Hulk" on the page you keep quoting in an attempt to prove that Reed tried to kill the Hulk?

As I said a few pages ago to you poor sods unable to aguementate, stop putting words in my mouth.
    If you cannot debate back, dont need to invent opinions, its ok just to shut up.

I said Reed exploded the ship, and put one damn powerful explosive reactor, enough to kill his wife.
    That he´s guilty of murder by negligence, assuming that a miracle would happen and the ship would go to the right place.

Now, find me a single time I said Reed wanted to kill the Hulk, or learn to fucking read and shut up, or join Angry in making occasional whines that I can laugh at.

Yes. But the Thor series AFAIK takes place after WWT when Thor actually, you know, returns to Earth.

Aww.. I was hoping for a Thor vs Hulk fight.

Sentry is too emo.

JCM on
    edited June 2007

As I said a few pages ago to you poor sods unable to aguementate, stop putting words in my mouth.
    If you cannot debate back, dont need to invent opinions, its ok just to shut up.

I said Reed exploded the ship, and put one damn powerful explosive reactor, enough to kill his wife.
    That he´s guilty of murder by negligence, assuming that a miracle would happen and the ship would go to the right place.

Now, find me a single time I said Reed wanted to kill the Hulk, or learn to fucking read and shut up, or join Angry in making occasional whines that I can laugh at.

Sentry is too emo.

We ALL want a Thor vs Hulk fight.

That's how WWH should end.

Hulk is defeated, and Spider-man can't believe "You'd help them after they cloned you with a Nazi brain."

Then, last panel.
    "TONY, I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH THEE."
    Next up: World War Thor!

The Muffin Man on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Any combination of Sentry,Thor and Hulk and Iron Man coming to blows would be fine with me. Even a Thor and Hulk team up against Sentry would be great, assuming the fight alone recieved a full issue to it's glory.

Caveman Paws on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Sentry is too emo.

We ALL want a Thor vs Hulk fight.

That's how WWH should end.

Hulk is defeated, and Spider-man can't believe "You'd help them after they cloned you with a Nazi brain."

Then, last panel.
    "TONY, I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH THEE."
    Next up: World War Thor!

It's a vicious cycle.

Black Bolt comes back not-dead, defeats Thor.
    Spider-man is like "Hey, weren't you just at war with them?"

Last panel:
    "..."
    Next up: Silent War Part 2!

Mai-Kero on
    edited June 2007
    Any combination of Sentry,Thor and Hulk and Iron Man coming to blows would be fine with me. Even a Thor and Hulk team up against Sentry would be great, assuming the fight alone recieved a full issue to it's glory.

Amn, I keep remeebering the Doomsday/Superman 3 issue battle... O_o

2 panels per page, then one, then only spreads, man, even though Jurgens draws unexcitingly like the Valiant books, the eneergy still ripped off those pages.

Marvel needs to do that sometime, with JRJR doing the art (anyone remeber his Thor run?)

JCM on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Apologies for being slow on the uptake, but where on earth does it "clearly show" anything beyond the fact that Heroes for Hire has boobies in it?

The scans from HfH shows:

1) Brood with eggs
    2) Little Insect Guy (Meik I assume? Why is he small and yellow, as compared to large and blackish in the earlier scans?) holding toilet paper.
    3) Little Insect Guy getting his head ripped off for no apparent reason
    4) Boobies FTW!

I hope that fairly harmless looking little yellow guy did something seriously bad off panel to justify getting his head ripped off... but I just don't see how they go from those scans to "see everyone, Meik and Brood clearly caused the explosion!"

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • OolongOolong Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

You've said several times that Reed blew up the ship intentionally. You have, repeatedly, quoted the "I'm sorry, Bruce" line and claimed that it was not just there for dramatic impact but was actually deliberately timed right before the ship blew up.

And Reed's not trying to kill the Hulk?

You just hurt all the time, don't you?

Oolong on
    edited June 2007
    Virral wrote: »

Apologies for being slow on the uptake, but where on earth does it "clearly show" anything beyond the fact that Heroes for Hire has boobies in it?

The scans from HfH shows:

1) Brood with eggs
    2) Little Insect Guy (Meik I assume? Why is he small and yellow, as compared to large and blackish in the earlier scans?) holding toilet paper.
    3) Little Insect Guy getting his head ripped off for no apparent reason
    4) Boobies FTW!

I hope that fairly harmless looking little yellow guy did something seriously bad off panel to justify getting his head ripped off... but I just don't see how they go from those scans to "see everyone, Meik and Brood clearly caused the explosion!"

Those are Miek/brood hybrid babies. The brood's basic purpose is to consume a planet. They eat things like sentient life-forms. Since Hulk said "We'll leave you guys alone if you give me the four who shot me into space", We know they're going behind his back. Also, those aren't the panels that imply they're responsible.

Fencingsax on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    How come the hybrids don't look like hybrids? Pokemon says they're supposed to inherent their mother's species too.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited June 2007

You've said several times that Reed blew up the ship intentionally. You have, repeatedly, quoted the "I'm sorry, Bruce" line and claimed that it was not just there for dramatic impact but was actually deliberately timed right before the ship blew up.

And Reed's not trying to kill the Hulk?

Let me guess, youve never read a comic and think a bomb can kill the Hulk.

He destroyed the ship, so the Hulk wouldnt come back.
    Too difficcult, ye redneck? Again
    He destroyed the ship, so the Hulk wouldnt come back.

Im waiting for my "reed tried to kill Hulk" quote that you pulled out that arse of yours, right before putting the Reed action figure back in, fucking liar.
    My arse just hurts all the time, doesnt it?
    If you´d read a comic now and then, and stop pulling arguements out yer arse and making up ones to put in my mouth, it wouldnt.

Again, find me a single time I said he wanted to kill the Hulk, prove to me youre not a liar.
    Because i can count countless ones saying he wanted to destroy the ship.

And continue entertaining me, I like to see the retarded using the net, now thats social equality.
    How come the hybrids don't look like hybrids? Pokemon says they're supposed to inherent their mother's species too.

Maybe they are larvae.. *shrugs*

I shouldve taken Marvel comic-book biology 101, but felt that "Growing cells, nervous system and a full body from only adamantium-laced bones" was too hard

JCM on
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    the fight alone recieved a full issue to it's glory.

yes.

PantheraOnca on
This discussion has been closed.