As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATMAN] Where Are You?!? Here. Arkham City Out Now

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Did you find
    his collar first? I believe you have to find an scan his collar before it triggers.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:
    DeMoN wrote:
    So I need a little help finding (cameo spoiler)
    Croc. Someone said he was in the sewers? Is that in the area right before Wonder City? I went through that whole area a second time after beating the game to get all the trophies and never saw him.

Alright if I remember correctly.
    It's in the area of the sewers with all the waterfalls and closed Tyger security vaults. The one that leads to the collapsed streets/Wonder City.

When you first enter them there should be an destructible piece of ground on like the top floor. That piece of ground should be Croc's room. Take a picture of his collar for the Riddler award. Then backtrack to the room with the red button that's behind a gate with a hole in the upper right section.

Used a remote batarang to hit the button and he should appear.

I think you have to find him before you beat the game though.

Uuug, I've hit that button twice, never did anything.

Also, ENDGAME SPOILERS
    Did I miss something, or forget something, or did Batman never get the cure? There was 2 vials, one smashed by Freeze, the other by Joker at the end. And I believe Ra's said the demon drink or whatever was only temporary.
    Batman drank half, and was going to give the other half to Joker, but Joker effed that up

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Did you find
    his collar first? I believe you have to find an scan his collar before it triggers.

Yep, first time through. Maybe it didn't work because I tried the button the second time after beating the game.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    every Riddler trophy has been got

I'm still missing like, seven combat challenges though

I don't really feel like dicking around with those

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hey, is anything achievement/collectable-wise missable in Arkham Asylum? Can I just play through the games story normally and still go back and get everything without starting over?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    The only missable cheevo is "party pooper" I believe

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Did you find

Yep, first time through. Maybe it didn't work because I tried the button the second time after beating the game.

That's it...you have to do it before you beat the game.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    I'd probably play a catwoman only game/primary, if they gave her a little more utility. Especially when batman has escapes all over the place, her damage increase over him doesn't really matter when you got four dudes dropping rounds on you like peter north.

Your avatar is a really good fit for this comment.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • zellychanzellychan Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Need Riddler help. One of the electro ball/maze type, but the charger is lined by fencing and over water. Even standing on ice next to it, can't get a shot. I'm assuming I need to send an charged up remote batarang in through a gap, but can't find any electric spots in the area for it. :/

Wow, just needed to aim better. Although honestly from the angle of the shot it shouldn't be possible.

zellychan on
    "I am the fabric of history, you are a fictional stain! I'll stick a flag up your ass and claim you for Spain!" -Christopher Columbus
  • Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    I can't remember which one you are talking about specifically, but I have never had to use an electric batarang for a ball maze puzzle. Just keep trying to find the right place to stand, I guess. :b

2tyFzTC.png

zellychan wrote:
    Need Riddler help. One of the electro ball/maze type, but the charger is lined by fencing and over water. Even standing on ice next to it, can't get a shot. I'm assuming I need to send an charged up remote batarang in through a gap, but can't find any electric spots in the area for it. :/

Naw you just have to...
    zipline over to the wall adjacent to it. Standing on top of the zipline angle yourself so that you can shoot electricity at the motor with your gun.

• Mr_EristicMr_Eristic Registered User regular
    Viking wrote:
    Mr_Eristic wrote:
    Finished the game. Now going around for all the Riddler trophies. What's the deal with the multiple pressure plate ones? Can't figure 'em out.
    Jump on each plate without hitting the ground.

wow. what is that a lot of line launcher action? Also I'm working on the Gotham City Base Jumper cheevo - I went up to wonder tower but every time I start to glide it eventually cuts to a grapnel animation. What am I doing wrong?

• MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I just did all the combat and predator challenges, and now the campaign is just recycled combat + predator challenges? Ugh...

At least Bat Swarm is abusable as hell in combat challenges.

Mr_Eristic wrote:
    Viking wrote:
    Mr_Eristic wrote:
    Finished the game. Now going around for all the Riddler trophies. What's the deal with the multiple pressure plate ones? Can't figure 'em out.
    Jump on each plate without hitting the ground.

wow. what is that a lot of line launcher action? Also I'm working on the Gotham City Base Jumper cheevo - I went up to wonder tower but every time I start to glide it eventually cuts to a grapnel animation. What am I doing wrong?

Just keep gliding out to the boundary, get forced back, and turn around back into the boundary.

Morvidus on
    You need to stay high to keep from triggering that. Start off as high as you can, and dive and pull back up to conserve altitude while you circle the tower. Eventually the cheevo will pop.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    So, pretty huge plot hole in the end...
    What's going to happen to all those people that got Joker-tainted blood? They just totally decided to forget that ever happened.

Also, pretty damn ballsy of them to kill the Joker. Honestly not my favorite ending since I like the aspect of Under the Red Hood where it was basically Batman and Joker to the end, neither of them would ever die while the other one was still alive.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    For Riddler trophy hunting, can anyone tell me:
    How in the world you break flimsy surfaces that are ABOVE you? I am in the collapsed streets on my way to the tower (after beating the game) and there's 2 in the south most area that are above some plywood ceilings. I've tried everything I can think of, even down to trying to pull some glitchy moves off such as walking on the zipline and trying to jump off and hit it with my body to break it. I figured maybe you walk on the line then use the exploding gel but no dice.

Speaking of, I wish they'd added more function to the walking zipline. The ability to fire the batclaw from it at least...though i did picture hanging from it and doing an invert takedown on a thug.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Is someone gonna make a new thread?

Also, END SPOILERS
    I've been hearing around the Internet that some people got Harley Quinn singing in their credits...what? Mine was just Joker, no Harley.

Also, help with a trophy in a certain character's hideout
    In Zsasz's hideout, the game claims there's one more trophy in the building...I already got the riddle in the middle room solved by scanning the business cards, and I got the trophy from activating the electric current and sending the batarang through the vents. What last one am I missing? I've circled the damn room twenty times now.

edited October 2011
    vamen wrote:
    How in the world you break flimsy surfaces that are ABOVE you? I am in the collapsed streets on my way to the tower (after beating the game) and there's 2 in the south most area that are above some plywood ceilings. I've tried everything I can think of, even down to trying to pull some glitchy moves off such as walking on the zipline and trying to jump off and hit it with my body to break it. I figured maybe you walk on the line then use the exploding gel but no dice.

Speaking of, I wish they'd added more function to the walking zipline. The ability to fire the batclaw from it at least...though i did picture hanging from it and doing an invert takedown on a thug.
    Throw some ice in the middle of the water in that area, then use RB/R1 with the glide boost (A,A/X,X).
    In Zsasz's hideout, the game claims there's one more trophy in the building...I already got the riddle in the middle room solved by scanning the business cards, and I got the trophy from activating the electric current and sending the batarang through the vents. What last one am I missing? I've circled the damn room twenty times now.
    On the north side of the room, throw some ice as far as you can, then zip to it. It's stuck on the south wall in that crescent shaped room.

Morvidus on
    Is someone gonna make a new thread?

Also, END SPOILERS
    I've been hearing around the Internet that some people got Harley Quinn singing in their credits...what? Mine was just Joker, no Harley.

About the trophy:
    On the right side of the room you see that open space by the waterfall that looks like nothing is over there? Is to the right of the vent you go through to enter the room.

Throw a freeze grenade and look over there.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Morvidus wrote:
    vamen wrote:

Throw some ice in the middle of the water in that area, then use RB/R1 with the glide boost (A,A/X,X).
    On the north side of the room, throw some ice as far as you can, then zip to it. It's stuck on the south wall in that crescent shaped room.

*forehead slap*
    Of course!
    Thanks, you're a good man.

• KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    So, pretty huge plot hole in the end...
    What's going to happen to all those people that got Joker-tainted blood? They just totally decided to forget that ever happened.

Also, pretty damn ballsy of them to kill the Joker. Honestly not my favorite ending since I like the aspect of Under the Red Hood where it was basically Batman and Joker to the end, neither of them would ever die while the other one was still alive.
    I could see them continuing with some of these plot threads with some DLC, as it was noted that Kevin Conroy said he recorded more dialogue for ongoing episodes in AC.

With the Joker I agree that it was ballsy, but at the same time, it's comics/games so I expect them to contrive some way to bring him back if they can convince Hamill to do it again. But if they keep him dead, then that would be way more interesting.

Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    A little post ending easter egg:
    If you talk to the Harley intercom statues in the steel mill you just hear her sobbing. :'C

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    DeMoN wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:
    DeMoN wrote:
    So I need a little help finding (cameo spoiler)
    Croc. Someone said he was in the sewers? Is that in the area right before Wonder City? I went through that whole area a second time after beating the game to get all the trophies and never saw him.

Alright if I remember correctly.
    It's in the area of the sewers with all the waterfalls and closed Tyger security vaults. The one that leads to the collapsed streets/Wonder City.

When you first enter them there should be an destructible piece of ground on like the top floor. That piece of ground should be Croc's room. Take a picture of his collar for the Riddler award. Then backtrack to the room with the red button that's behind a gate with a hole in the upper right section.

Used a remote batarang to hit the button and he should appear.

I think you have to find him before you beat the game though.

Uuug, I've hit that button twice, never did anything.

Also, ENDGAME SPOILERS
    Did I miss something, or forget something, or did Batman never get the cure? There was 2 vials, one smashed by Freeze, the other by Joker at the end. And I believe Ra's said the demon drink or whatever was only temporary.
    Batman drank half, and was going to give the other half to Joker, but Joker effed that up

Check your map after you finish the game.

steam_sig.png
    A little post ending easter egg:
    If you talk to the Harley intercom statues in the steel mill you just hear her sobbing. :'C
    Yeah, noticed that too. It's sad and creepy. In fact post-game there's just a very creepy and morose undertone to everything now. That last Joker message didn't help. D=

sig.gif
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    You guys had me so worried about the AR missions! I guess you weren't talking about the 4 leading up to the upgrade though... those were easy as f***!

Man I love just gliding around the city. Makes me drool for the next game, because I got a feeling all of Gotham will be your playground. The grapnel upgrade take down may be one of the coolest moves in the game, although you kinda gotta go out of your way to pull it off.

WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
    The hardest challenge I've done was Switch Hitter, where you have to kick a henchman from the line launcher, then switch lines and kick another.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Morvidus wrote:
    The hardest challenge I've done was Switch Hitter, where you have to kick a henchman from the line launcher, then switch lines and kick another.
    is that in a predator room challenge? o_O

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Video is done, any mirrors?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    klemming wrote:
    Okay, I'm stuck on a Riddler trophy in the Museum.
    In the Torture Chamber, Above the cage area you can get into as Catwoman, surrounded by barbed wire.
    Can anyone help?
    Edit: Nevermind.
    I found a box to stand on.

Where?!?! This one is killing me!

Also

Having a so so combat challenge, then an epic 4th round to three ? it

BEST FEELING EVER

Take the raft to the right side facing the iceburg lounge. To the left of the door is a platform you can gapple up to. Do a line launcher away from the door, and use the upgrade to do a second line launcher while your moving to the top of the area where the trophy is.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Joolander wrote:
    Morvidus wrote:
    is that in a predator room challenge? o_O

Yeah, it's the extreme one that takes place at the bottom of the Wonder Tower elevator.

edited October 2011
    The last two predator challenges are ludicrous. I couldn't make any headway on the last one, because the room is so tiny and there's a jammer in effect. I couldn't take two steps without getting my ass shot off. The other one I didn't even try when I realized it is not actually possible to knock someone off a ledge with a boosted remote control batarang.

The one before that I struggled with, but it seemed doable, I might be able to do the second to last if I just forget about earning bats, but otherwise... man fuck those challenges.

Elendil on
    Also something that's been bugging me:
    What is the deal with Black Mask? There's an awful lot of references to him in the game, and a 3D model and everything. Is he a cameo somewhere?

Elendil wrote:
    What is the deal with Black Mask? There's an awful lot of references to him in the game, and a 3D model and everything. Is he a cameo somewhere?

sig.gif
    Kuratosu wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    huh, I must have walked right past him without noticing him

Bruce Wayne don't give a shit

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    There's some debate over whether that was intended to be
    Deadshot
    but I choose to believe it is. Between the
    "list" and the gun finger motion.
    No such thing as a coincidence in Gotham.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ryvenryven Registered User regular
    There's some debate over whether that was intended to be
    Deadshot
    but I choose to believe it is. Between the
    "list" and the gun finger motion.
    No such thing as a coincidence in Gotham.
    and the goatee! :D

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I just found out that you can do a takedown on guards on the other side of a vent cover, even if it hasn't been opened yet

That's pretty awesome and much better than repeatedly pressing A

I just found out that you can do a takedown on guards on the other side of a vent cover, even if it hasn't been opened yet

That's pretty awesome and much better than repeatedly pressing A
    I didn't realize I could do that until a predator challenge made me aware of it. There's also something called a "reverse ledge takedown" that I have no idea how to actually do.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    the way that the physics engine interacts with henchmen ragdolls is hilarious sometimes

i did a batarang takedown finisher special thing on a guy whose stunned body was in the middle of rolling down a staircase and he ROCKETED into the sky and landed on the roof of an adjacent building

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Finished collecting all the riddler trophies and doing the challenges. Only two challenges are left and they are catwoman ones, one is for her two special take downs, and the other is for perfect jumps. Neither one is worth an f.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.