As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATMAN] Where Are You?!? Here. Arkham City Out Now

196979899100102»

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I got the perfect jump one completely by accident. I was amazed.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    someone needs to kill this thread's parents already

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    I got the perfect jump one completely by accident. I was amazed.

You are truely godlike with your skills elendil. I just can't be bothered especially since her stuff doesn't count toward any unlocks I don't think. Only trophy I need is for ar training and despite getting better at gliding 0 fucks given about actually finishing those, though I'm sure it would be a couple cheevos or something.

Anyone having trouble finding trophies but no riddler goons to tell you where they are, look in the court house and the church, both have trophies highlighted but won't show up on your map as having things inside of them.

And batman beyond batman is the best batman, though I really liked TAS catwoman, her batman compatriot does not look as good.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    someone needs to kill this thread's parents already

Everytime a thug would say "I'm going to make you cry to mommy." I'd go "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Oh god...then we would have a batman thread...beating up all the criminal threads...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    So who was everyones villain in city? Side villains spoilers for me.

I like Riddler the most, he's one of my favorite batman villains anyway, but his outfit and murder room taunts were great.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    I just found out that you can do a takedown on guards on the other side of a vent cover, even if it hasn't been opened yet

That's pretty awesome and much better than repeatedly pressing A
    I didn't realize I could do that until a predator challenge made me aware of it. There's also something called a "reverse ledge takedown" that I have no idea how to actually do.

Is that the one where you hang off a ledge and takedown a person just under you, rather than someone over you?

• Options
    Mr_EristicMr_Eristic Registered User regular
    yea that was definitely Floyd Lawton.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Javen wrote:
    Lars wrote:
    Nocren wrote:
    Question about the Joker's Funhouse fight for those that have beaten the game...
    This is a big spoiler so I'm nesting it
    Seriously, big spoiler.
    Does that Joker have a skeleton? I never got a chance to see and I never had a need to do do, but now after beating the game, I'm curious.
    He does not have a skeleton during that fight.

However, Rocksteady did make a mistake, because at the end of the game they show you that the "fake Joker gag" where Joker appeared to die at the beginning was really Clayface, however when Batman enters that room he actually uses detective vision in the cutscene and he does have a skeleton in that cutscene.

I don't think you're quite right, here.
    The Joker who is sick and appears to die is the real Joker, and the one who blindsides you is Clayface pretending to be Joker.
    Yeah, because the joker that gasses you doesn't look sick.
    I thought at the begining they both looked sick.

I assumed it was clayface who was 'dead' and they just found a skeleton and jammed it in him.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote:

Javen wrote:
    Lars wrote:
    Nocren wrote:
    Question about the Joker's Funhouse fight for those that have beaten the game...
    This is a big spoiler so I'm nesting it
    Seriously, big spoiler.
    Does that Joker have a skeleton? I never got a chance to see and I never had a need to do do, but now after beating the game, I'm curious.
    He does not have a skeleton during that fight.

However, Rocksteady did make a mistake, because at the end of the game they show you that the "fake Joker gag" where Joker appeared to die at the beginning was really Clayface, however when Batman enters that room he actually uses detective vision in the cutscene and he does have a skeleton in that cutscene.

I don't think you're quite right, here.
    The Joker who is sick and appears to die is the real Joker, and the one who blindsides you is Clayface pretending to be Joker.
    Yeah, because the joker that gasses you doesn't look sick.
    I thought at the begining they both looked sick.

I assumed it was clayface who was 'dead' and they just found a skeleton and jammed it in him.

Somehow the idea of them cramming a
    skeleton
    up
    Clayface's
    ass is extremely amusing to me.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Oh wow. I just watched someone elses vid for a predator challenge, and I saw that his smoke bombs are recharging.
    What the fuck? Mine don't recharge in predator sections/challenges. Only out in the open do they recharge. What's going on here?
    Okay ps3 guys. Smoke bombs recharge: Y/N?
    Xbox guys: Smoke bombs recharge: Y/N?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Are you sure?

They recharge verrrrrry slowly

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Oh wow. I just watched someone elses vid for a predator challenge, and I saw that his smoke bombs are recharging.
    What the fuck? Mine don't recharge in predator sections. What's going on here?
    Okay ps3 guys. Smoke bombs recharge: Y/N?
    Xbox guys: Smoke bombs recharge: Y/N?

It's veryyyyyy slowly, because I've never actually noticed them recharging, but I do get more to use every few minutes during long predator rooms.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I believe my smoke bombs recharge. Just that by the time they do I'm already finished with the fight and half way across town.

And someone needs to make a new thread(I mean you can copy&paste the old OP). I would make it but I don't trust my ability to make witty titles.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    your smokebombs definitely recharge, morninglord, it's just that they're so slow you probably won't get to use them more than once if you beat the room in a decent time

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhqFI1u21HM

This is the speed of recharge I don't get.

Mine do not recharge at all. Not even a tiny bit of bar. Complete gray, 100% of the time. I don't know when they do recharge, but in a stealth section I get no recharge. This is gonna completely gimp any attempts at speedy predator runs.
    Please tell me system so I can work out if this is a personal bug or a system bug. eg I'm on ps3, no recharge.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i bet he's doing a challenge in either a campaign or a custom challenge where he picked a modifier that quickens recharge rates on that item or all items.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    nm

Delta Assault on
This discussion has been closed.