As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Batman - Arkham Origins/Blackgate announced, October 25th release date GET HYPE

UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Games and Technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=944Ty9YpjEs

So, important things to note about Game of the Year Edition:

- It has the worst box art you've ever seen
BAC_GOTY_360PFTfront610.jpg

- It includes all the DLC and updates up to this point, as well as the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC

- It releases 5/29 in North America, 9/7 in Europe.

- It includes a download code for the movie Batman: Year One, but only in North America.

- It is coming to the PC at some point in time, according to the AC Twitter feed

- Harley Quinn's Revenge will be available as a separate update on 5/29 and 5/30 for PS3 and Xbox 360, respectively.
Gamers who have yet to pick up last year's Batman: Arkham City will have an all-inclusive version available to them next month. Rocksteady Studios today announced the Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition, which is set to arrive for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 29 in North America. A European release will follow on September 7.

The bundle will include Batman: Arkham City (and every update applied to the game since release), as well as all previously released downloadable content packs.

Downloadable content packs included with the new version of the game are the Catwoman, Nightwing, and Robin add-ons, as well as the Arkham City Skin and Challenge packs.

On top of that, the Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition will pack in the Batman: Year One animated movie (USA and Canada only), as well as the final piece of DLC for the game titled Harley Quinn's Revenge. Harley Quinn-focused DLC for Batman: Arkham City was rumored earlier this month.

The Harley Quinn's Revenge story mission brings players back to Arkham City where they will play as Batman and Robin, fighting against new thugs in fresh environments. Players will make use of each character's unique skills on their way to uncovering Harley's evil plan.

Gamers can pick up the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC outside of the Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition via separate download beginning May 29. The content will release on the PlayStation Network on May 29 for $10 and on Xbox Live the following day for 800 MS points, or $10.

Batman: Arkham City was developed by Rocksteady Studios and shipped for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 18, with a PC version following on November 22. The game received a strong critical reception and shipped 6 million units.

Taken from GameSpot

i-sB8GTgT-XL.jpg

This OP is taken verbatim from toxk_02, we really just needed a new thread to talk about BATMAN
toxk_02 wrote:
NEWS

10/10/2011:

First DLC info dropped via Gamestop. The links are now down, but earlier today (10/10) Gamestop had posted:

Robin Character Pack - $6.99 (Nov 22nd, 2011)
Batman: Arkham City Skins Pack - $4.99 (Dec 6th, 2011)

No details on which or how many skins are contained in the 'skins pack'. Also, a 3rd DLC pack was posted on GAF but with no link (that I can find) so not sure if legit or not.

Nightwing character pack - $6.99 (Nov 1st, 2011)

It's been revealed through the PS3 Trophy List that Nightwing is a playable character, so a character pack isn't surprising. But again, the other two had links to Gamestop pages, this one did not

9/20/2011:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/20/bata-clang-batman-arkham-city-pc-version-delayed-until-november/
PCGamer wrote:
Well, this has ruined an otherwise lovely day. We’ve just heard from a Warner Bros rep that the PC version of Batman: Arkham City will be delayed. There’s no release date set, yet; it’ll be arriving at an unspecified date in November. No reason was given for the delay to the PC version of the game, which was originally planned to be released alongside console versions on October 18. If we had to guess; making PC games is hard.

9/6/2011:

Batman: Arkham City is a Games For Windows Live title
Eurogamer wrote:
Batman: Arkham City is a Games for Windows Live title, publisher Warner Bros. Interactive has confirmed to Eurogamer.

This comes following a Tweet from digital retailer Green Man Gaming, which claimed it had been told by Warner that Rocksteady's game was "Games for Windows but NOT a Games for Windows 'Live' title."

Gamers were first alerted to the situation in June when box art, which showed the Games for Windows Live logo, emerged.

BUYER'S GUIDE:

Mostly compiling from CAG and various posts in this thread. Will do my best to keep it up-to-date.

On sale:
PC / $34 dollars at Green Man Gaming --- use 20% off code WORLD-ATWAR-20PEC --- GFWL, NOT A STEAMWORKS TITLE

Nvidia deal:
For a limited time, if you buy a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560, 560 Ti, 570, 580 or 590, you will get a free Steam key for Batman: Arkham City. Amazon. Also on newegg and tigerdirect

Pre-order bonuses:
Amazon - $10 Amazon credit, Batman: Arkham City Comic
Best Buy - Robin Character skin for Challenge Maps, Black Mask Hideout and Freight Train Escape Challenge Maps
Gamestop - Joker's Carnival Challenge Map. ALSO! An email sent to PowerUp members states PowerUp members who preorder will receive the B:TAS skin.
Toys R Us - 1970's Batman Skin -- No Link
Walmart - $10 Walmart eGift Card, bundled with Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition Game

US Collector's Edition contents:
-- Custom Batman statue produced by Kotobukiya
-- Collectible art book
-- Early access to the Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns skin
-- Batman: Arkham City album from WaterTower Music including original songs by hit artists, available via digital redemption
-- Bonus DC Universe animated original movie, Batman: Gotham Knight[/list]

What about all those wonderful skins?
The majority of the costumes were announced as pre-order bonuses for various regions around the world (see below). That said, Rocksteady has said the bonuses will be "more broadly" available later on:
Rocksteady wrote:
"The offer that we're making out with retailers for gamers is, this is an early access opportunity for you," Rocksteady's marketing manager Dax Ginn told us in London yesterday. "Absolutely down the track [the skins] will be available more broadly."

Hello there! This handy thread is a place to discuss the Bat-Man and his various video games, primarily 'Arkham Asylum' and the unreleased sequel 'Arkham City', due out in Fall 2011. While the OP may be largely dedicated to details surrounding the upcoming game, don't be shy to talk about Arkham Asylum; with the game seemingly always on sale on Steam there are plenty of people new to the game.

ARKHAM ASYLUM

I'm gonna cop-out and just post a link to the original B:AA thread. It has a one-stop OP for any details you might be interested in. Or feel free to ask here.
Time to brush up on B:AA? There's an OP for that.

ARKHAM CITY

Systems: 360 / PS3 / Windows
Release Dates: October 18th (USA), October 21st (UK)
PC RELEASE DELAYED UNTIL "NOVEMBER"
Developer: Rocksteady Studios

Writer: Paul Dini
Voice Actors: Kevin Conroy (Batman), Mark Hamill (Joker), Maurice LaMarche (Mr. Freeze), Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn), Stana Katic (Talia al Ghul)

Catwoman is playable, ~10% of story mode, Riddler trophies only she can reach, own sidequests

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpHHcC9-rPc

Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG0haJ5kb30
Rocksteady's been holding back one pretty big reason fans should be fiending for the game: playable Catwoman. And, to be clear, this isn't "playable" in a special side mode like The Joker was in Arkham Asylum, this is "playable in the story" playable.

The team wanted to ensure players wouldn't feel as though they were controlling Batman with a curvier skin. As a result you can expect decidedly different ways to get around the city, examine the environment, and fight with enemies. Since she lacks a nifty cape and grapple line, Catwoman will take a much more physical approach to getting around that relies on her trusty whip, parkour-like moves, and good old fashioned climbing and jumping. The demo highlighted the nimble and graceful way Catwoman will get around, and teased what appears to be a scoring system for how she moves around. During the demo as Catwoman picked up speed and made her way across rooftops we saw point totals appear at points during her leaping. Ginn noted the points will be awarded based on a players skill for moving through the city.

In keeping with Catwoman's grabby ways, she'll have a secondary vision mode a la detective mode but with a slight twist. Given her priorities she's not really one to sweat all the fine details Batman would when looking at the city as a detective would. Instead the feline antihero has thief vision which highlights all the useful info she'll need to steal. You'll see what to steal and relevant points to help you steal it.

Finally, while she's agile and stealthy, there are times when a leather clad thief has to just bust out her whip and kick in a few heads. The demo showed off an encounter with enemies on the street that saw her use her hands and a modest array of three gadgets, which included a bolo, to deal with her foes. Her combat moves were a fluid mix of punches and kicks, given a slightly vampy twist, which ended in some painful but oh-so-cool-looking finishers.

Ginn noted that while you'll only play as Catwoman for a tiny portion of the main story, she'll have her own mini progression path that will let you upgrade her moves and gadgets using experience earned from taking out enemies. In addition players will be able to use her to explore the environment and snag unique Riddler trophies only she can reach.

As he wrapped up the demo, Ginn shared a few more details on what to expect from Catwoman in the game. Her narrative will only make up about 10 percent of the whole game which will amount to only a handful of switches to her for the story.

PREORDER BONUSES / DLC

Instant replay value: just change suits!

Batman Beyond, Earth One, and B:TAS suits were revealed by a New Zealand gaming outfit.
The Neal Adam's 1970s suit is from Austalia, via EB Games Collector's Edition.
The Dark Knight Returns suit is from the US Collector's Edition.
No word on the Year One suit

d3ksv.png
O7aIW.jpg

You wanted more DLC skins? How 'bout 3 Robin skins (via Amazon.de):

eD1LF.png

VIDEOS

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1ZF5cNYCs

12/11/2010: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-batman-arkham/708342

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCtJsy-d9w

12/12/2009: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/spike-vga-batman-arkham/59829

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszKBeA-4q4

ARTICLES

UK Official Playstation Magazine

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/21/arkham-city-opm-info-blow-out-plot-setting-moves-vehicles-co-op-more/
The fenced-off area is five times the size of Arkham Asylum. Batman, obviously, doesn’t like it: “He’s been monitoring this place,” said director Sefton Hill. “He’s worried. He thinks it’s a time-bomb waiting to explode into the streets of Gotham.”

Batman’s taken to patrolling AC. The setting is described as “a mix of Tim Burton’s original Batman movie and a touch of Escape from New York,” with spires and graveyards swapped for alleys and streets.

Despite the huge play area, “every nook and cranny has a story.” Also, thanks to distances, Bats will need a way to move around. When asked if vehicles will be included, Warner PR said it’s “something we’ll cover at a later date.”

Wheels or not, Batman can essentially fly this time round. He has a new gadget called a Grapple Boost, which pulls him up and launches him into the air, and can be combined with a new dive which pulls into high-speed, street level flight.

He also now has a second zip line which he can shoot out while using the first: think classic Spider Man.

Hill promised the anti-hero now has new moves for “running across rooftops, blending in, running while grappling, sliding underneath objects” and “jumping between objects.”

Batman can also, “Slide and smash through vents, slide straight into hanging off an edge. You can dive through windows and over railings as well.”

Basic fighting is “the same,” according to OPM, with combinations of punches, kicks and throws. Additions include the ability to throw back projectiles, launch aerial attacks from walls and windows and unleash “beatdown” flurry attacks. He can also backflip and spray explosive gel on the floor before detonating it to stun opponents.

And get this. There’s a not-so-subtle hint that Catwoman is a playable, co-op character. She uses her whip in the mission in the same way Batman uses his zip line. Hill wouldn’t be drawn when asked directly if she was controllable.

“I’m not allowed to comment on that,” he said.

“Forensics” is something Rocksteady wants to push in the sequel, and Batman will be “solving crimes with multiple bits of evidence.” There are loads of side-stories in the game this time, Hill added, although the developer doesn’t “force you to do those. It’s your choice.”

Game Informer
Sharp took credit for getting the Joker situation of the first game under control. He then used that incident to help win the Mayoral election. After winning, he declares Blackgate and Arkham unfit, and buys off a portion of the slums of Gotham. Walling off the area and calling it "Arkham City", he contracts a mercenary group called Tyger into defending the walls. The prisoners are only given one rule: "Don't try to escape", with the penalty for doing so being death. Beyond that, they can do whatever they want within.

-Hugo Strange heads the new Arkham, though it seems like this fact is cloaked in mystery to the outside world. Those who look into him disappear.

-It's been a year. Two face is admitted into Arkham City and he realizes he has to make a move to assert himself in the new prison lest he be eaten alive (not literally, of course). He captures Catwoman, figuring a public execution should do the trick.

-The team is aiming for a highly detailed city, on the level of what they did in the first game with Arkham itself.

-Gadgets can now be used during fights- the article mentions Batman putting explosive gel on the back of one of his opponents during a brawl.

-You can now pull off multiple counterattacks at the same time.

-Many of the super villains have formed gangs, and taken control of different portions of the city.

-The team wants to push the "forensics" angle of the first game more, incorporating puzzles in them that will become more complex as the game goes on.

-Most of the key gadgets that were unlocked late in the first game are available by default (Beyond the explosive gel, the article also mentions the line launcher).

-Interrogations replace the Riddler maps of the first game.

-Batman can now taunt his enemies via a button press.

-Certain characters have optional sidestories within Arkham City (the article mentions Zsasz), that you can dig into.

-Harley has a new costume. From the article: "Instead of a nurse outfit, Harley now wears red and black pants, and a matching midriff-baring top. Her face paint has been scaled back to a much more subtle degree, and she now has a Joker tatoo on one of her hips peeking out over her waistband."

-Batman's been given a new gadget called the "broadcast analyzer". The article mentions several broadcasts Bats can listen in on, like the GCPD dispatch and Gotham FM. The main usage here has Batman tuning in to listen to a message left for him by the Joker.

-Oracle is missing, so Alfred is the one in Bruce's ear (at least at the beginning of the game).

-Rocksteady wouldn't detail their multiplayer plans.

Robin challenge maps are presently exclusive to Best Buy pre-orders, and at Gamestop "Pre-Order Batman: Arkham City with GameStop and receive a code to unlock the exclusive Joker's Carnival Challenge Map."

arkhamcityrobinndtk.png

MISCELLANEOUS

Official website: http://arkhamhasmoved.com/

Villain hints from the trailer:
Penguin
23m8z8z.jpg

Two-Face

29yqru9.jpg

Black Mask
wvzfab.jpg

Catwoman (hard to get a good screencap, black cat on fire escape)
125nwwk.jpg

UnbreakableVow on

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    reposting so I can work this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhqFI1u21HM

This is the speed of recharge I don't get.

Mine do not recharge at all. Not even a tiny bit of bar. Complete gray, 100% of the time. I don't know when they do recharge, but in a stealth section I get no recharge. This is gonna completely gimp any attempts at speedy predator runs.
    Please tell me system so I can work out if this is a personal bug or a system bug. eg I'm on ps3, no recharge.
    i bet he's doing a challenge in either a campaign or a custom challenge where he picked a modifier that quickens recharge rates on that item or all items.

Such a modifier doesn't exist. I've done every riddler challenge in this save. 100%. Nothing more to unlock.
    Maybe he's playing a reviewer build or something.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...I've been doing the
    Calendar Man
    stuff.

I have to say I love how psychotic the criminals are in this game. It gives the game such a creepy feel and I love it.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Holy fuck

Yeah that's a really fast recharge speed

No clue how to explain that one

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I know right. I looked at it and thought "He's got fast smoke bombs!?! Why don't I get fast smoke bombs!"
    Spot the reference

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    They could've done the recharge system better. I mean, instead of having infinite smoke bombs that inexplicably take a long ass time to recharge between uses... why not go with something that makes actual sense? Just off the top of my head, what if you started off with eight smoke bombs in your belt, and once you depleted them, you could call in the Batplane to drop more in a canister, just like how you get your Batsuit and line launcher? It lands somewhere near your position and you have to go to it. Then, each time you call in a canister to refill on bombs, you get a recharge cooldown, because it conceivably takes time for the Batplane to get more canisters from the cave. This system makes sense, and you get to use more then one smokebomb at a time.

• zellychanzellychan Registered User regular
    Campaign bonus thing maybe?

"I am the fabric of history, you are a fictional stain! I'll stick a flag up your ass and claim you for Spain!" -Christopher Columbus
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I'm about 15% done with the game (at the museum) and so far it's great, feels like the first game, but I really like the Catwoman stuff and how fun Selina is to control compared to Batman. The only thing I can say that I really don't like is the remote batarang stuff (really don't like anything to do with it), and how there seems to be too much Riddler stuff in this game and all the Riddler pads.

One thing I did wonder is that I thought Best Buy was doing a Robin through pre-order only thing, but I just went into the store last Thursday and bought it off the shelf and it had the Robin code.

They could've done the recharge system better. I mean, instead of having infinite smoke bombs that inexplicably take a long ass time to recharge between uses... why not go with something that makes actual sense? Just off the top of my head, what if you started off with eight smoke bombs in your belt, and once you depleted them, you could call in the Batplane to drop more in a canister, just like how you get your Batsuit and line launcher? It lands somewhere near your position and you have to go to it. Then, each time you call in a canister to refill on bombs, you get a recharge cooldown, because it conceivably takes time for the Batplane to get more canisters from the cave. This system makes sense, and you get to use more then one smokebomb at a time.

This would also be tedious as fuck, and honestly even two smoke bombs would be enough to absolutely break nearly every encounter in the game

I'd rather they force me to use my predator instincts in other ways

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...my smoke pellets don't recharge anywhere near that quickly.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    What's the robin skin on the far left? That looks really ugly. Default Robin looks to be the best. And I have to give credit to Stana Katic if I didn't know she was Talia I would not have picked her voice out.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

It makes more real-world sense, but being able to use even 2 or 3 smoke bombs within seconds of each other would be gamebreaking. As it is the stealth/predator rooms are so carefully balanced that any exploitation of a gadget would potentially break them wide open.

Plus, more hunting around rooftops every time you use a few smokebombs seems very unfun.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote:
    One thing I did wonder is that I thought Best Buy was doing a Robin through pre-order only thing, but I just went into the store last Thursday and bought it off the shelf and it had the Robin code.

Best Buy's entire "first batch" of copies all include the Robin code.

It makes more real-world sense, but being able to use even 2 or 3 smoke bombs within seconds of each other would be gamebreaking. As it is the stealth/predator rooms are so carefully balanced that any exploitation of a gadget would potentially break them wide open.

Plus, more hunting around rooftops every time you use a few smokebombs seems very unfun.

I said land near your position. Like within 30 feet. Not land halfway across the city.

Preacher wrote:
    What's the robin skin on the far left? That looks really ugly. Default Robin looks to be the best. And I have to give credit to Stana Katic if I didn't know she was Talia I would not have picked her voice out.

Yeah, she was great. But she's shown off her eastern european accent/fluency before on Castle.

TexiKen wrote:
    I'm about 15% done with the game (at the museum) and so far it's great, feels like the first game, but I really like the Catwoman stuff and how fun Selina is to control compared to Batman. The only thing I can say that I really don't like is the remote batarang stuff (really don't like anything to do with it), and how there seems to be too much Riddler stuff in this game and all the Riddler pads.

Just to warn you about catwoman, you don't really get to use her again till way way later in the campaign, so soak it up. And Riddler stuff almost was a little excessive especially with the places it is, but I liked collecting all of it to an extent (the remotearang switches can suck my dick, but they'd probably end up hitting me in the sternum).

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote:

Yeah, she was great. But she's shown off her eastern european accent/fluency before on Castle.

Yeah but not to the same effect as Talia, though if you check her IMDB thats also something listed as being apart of her acting ability, she's fluent in like four languages as well.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I like the remote control batarang riddles

You guys know that you can slow them down with LT, right?

Yeah. I hope for the next one they actually lower the number of Riddler trophies.

I like the remote control batarang riddles

You guys know that you can slow them down with LT, right?

Didn't always help with some of the tight turns you have to do, or threading the needle on some things. Like the uturn challenge or the one in the steel mill were just narrow places and for me they were very had to bag.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I'd be fine with less riddles if it meant a lot more Riddler hostage rooms

I'd be fine with less riddles if it meant a lot more Riddler hostage rooms

More word riddle challenges! Those were really sparsely used but fun!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    The Riddler challenges really did up my game when it comes to gliding and remote bataranging. I can get around Gotham like a champ now. And maneuver a little RC batarang around for no reason in particular, I guess.

I still suck at the combat though!

I said land near your position. Like within 30 feet. Not land halfway across the city.

Except that most of the times you run out will be when you're indoors/underground.

I get what you're saying, but it would just make gameplay both easy and tedious. The simple cooldown timer system works well to keep the action moving, without breaking the game wide open.

Elendil wrote:
    The Riddler challenges really did up my game when it comes to gliding and remote bataranging. I can get around Gotham like a champ now. And maneuver a little RC batarang around for no reason in particular, I guess.

I swear I got worse at combat as things went along, I think its really that enemies started hitting harder/having more health or just hitting better I dunno. Though the spoiler for the last optional upgrade.

The cluster frost grenades made most fights way way easier, when I remembered I had the damn things.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

Yeah but not to the same effect as Talia, though if you check her IMDB thats also something listed as being apart of her acting ability, she's fluent in like four languages as well.

Once I found out it was her, I immediately thought of the episode where she went undercover with the Russians. But yeah, she did a fantastic job all around. I'd love to see her continue to voice Talia in future games/animated movies.

As long as Oracle isn't in there acting all hurt offended the whole time. Jesus wheel chair lady why can't your mouth get paralyzed.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Talia's voice was great. Honestly, if you didn't check the credits, you'd think it was her BTAS voice actor (Helen Slater).

Ra's, on the other hand, was real disappointing. I wanted Chancellor Gorkon back.

General spoilers for Batman as a character in Arkham City.

Batman definately was a huge dick to every criminal in the game though. Especially the interogations of riddlers informants.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote:

Batman definately was a huge dick to every criminal in the game though. Especially the interogations of riddlers informants.
    He was right to be a huge dick. Remember when you go into the Steel Mill and rescue that hapless Two-Face henchman? After a while, he turns around and attacks you! Fuck those guys.

Preacher wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

I swear I got worse at combat as things went along, I think its really that enemies started hitting harder/having more health or just hitting better I dunno. Though the spoiler for the last optional upgrade.

The cluster frost grenades made most fights way way easier, when I remembered I had the damn things.
    I haven't gotten any of the gadget combat bonuses. I can't use them. I don't have the focus to figure out 1. when to use them that they will be efficacious 2. when to use them without getting punched in the neck and 3. oh christ what do I push what do I push IS IT THE D BUTTON WHERE IS THE D BUTTON

It's just embarrassing at this point. Thankfully, you can still look pretty Batman with punches and counters, though it's murder on your hands after a while.

Preacher wrote:

He was having a rough night.

Dragkonias wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

He was having a rough night.

True, but you know what they say, you catch more criminals with candy than you do with ripping their kidneys out and eating them. Just saying. I did like spoilers for around the 75% mark in the campaign.

I liked how batman parroted Catwomans line after she rescues him, it was a nice throwback.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote:

I loved his interrogation tactics.

"Do you know how many bones you have left to break?"

"Tell me before I break all of you teeth"

If you didn't know the guy's all anti-killing, you'd think he was a goddamn murder-face psychopath.

Preacher wrote:

I loved his interrogation tactics.

"Do you know how many bones you have left to break?"

"Tell me before I break all of you teeth"

If you didn't know the guy's all anti-killing, you'd think he was a goddamn murder-face psychopath.

"Be honest with me I just washed the blood off my face after the last guy."

"Uhh sure psycho, maybe you should be in here."

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2011
    Preacher wrote:

He was right to be a huge dick. Remember when you go into the Steel Mill and rescue that hapless Two-Face henchman? After a while, he turns around and attacks you! Fuck those guys.

When that happened I yelled out "WHAT THE FUCK, ASSHOLE?!"

My wife looked over and said "did that guy just clock you in the back of the head after you saved his life?"

"YES I KNOW, RIGHT?"

"What a dick."

minor incident on
    Heh my wife said almost the same thing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    That's the best part. You know he isn't going to kill you, he's just going to make you wish he did.

Batman's kind of a dick when you return to the church after rescuing hospitals.

OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR.
    okay jeez batman it's not like we were KIDNAPPED AND PUT INTO DEATH PUZZLES or anything

edited October 2011
    So...you know one thing about the ending really made me lol...

Endgame spoilers inbound
    The part when Batman carries Joker corpse out of the theater. I mean it wasn't the scene that made me laugh so much as I was thinking "But Batman, what about your girly friend whose in there lying in a pool of her own blood?

Dragkonias on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    My favorite interrogation:
    I was on one of those walkways by the subway or something. Batman grabs the informant, holds him by one foot over the edge, and gives his threatening line. Informant says "OK, I'll tell you! Don't hurt me!"

Batman: "Of course not." Fucking drops him.

...what were you going to do if he didn't tell you?!