As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    hexagearppdarmorhallowe.jpg

This is probably one of the best Halloween temp-costumes one can get. Why oh why can't they make some of this armor available as wearable pieces? I think the only thing from this suit that's in the CC is the visor. The gauntlets would be pretty cool too as a weapon-option for Dual Pistols.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    could be wrong, but I think those are available.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    No, the only 'PPD' suits available are the Praetorian Police.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    okay, they probably have a similar look, then.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I just reinstalled the game from my Going Rogue Complete Collection disc. But I can't get the launcher to run at all. I'm on Windows XP.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2011
    Henroid wrote:
    I just reinstalled the game from my Going Rogue Complete Collection disc. But I can't get the launcher to run at all. I'm on Windows XP.

you have to download an ncsoft launcher from the site, they abandoned the city of heroes launcher (and good riddance)

you don't have to redownload the files from the disk, it'll detect those

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:

you have to download an ncsoft launcher from the site, they abandoned the city of heroes launcher (and good riddance)

you don't have to redownload the files from the disk, it'll detect those

Thank goodness.

• Options
    Aw man, it detected my installation but it wants to do a 4GB download anyway. :(

Also entering my Going Rogue Complete Collection serial number made my account VIP for a month. Oh boy!

• Options
    Titan Weapon stuff below. First off is a video I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDre-2IUzDM

Second, a post from the G&T thread.
    tricon wrote:
    Titan Weapon Set:
    coxanweaponset.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Man, at this rate I'm lucky to get a decent team once a week. I might have better luck if I join the server channels, but I need 4 tokens to get to tier 4 and be able to use them. I'd rather resub than be buying a bunch of points, but I don't want to resub if I can't get some regular activity!

(I can't play with PA folks because bad timezone)

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Something I never figured out

Does the game keep track of what level I grabbed enhancement slots at? Do the slots I grabbed after a level I've exemplared down to become ineffective?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote:
    Something I never figured out

Does the game keep track of what level I grabbed enhancement slots at? Do the slots I grabbed after a level I've exemplared down to become ineffective?

nope

it does keep track of the level of the enhancements themselves, though

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    So if I go stomping into (say) a level 20 team on a hideously IO'd out 50, what happens to the enhancement effects themselves, just scaled back? (I know an IO more than three levels above my current level doesn't count for activating set bonuses, but that's all I know)

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Unless they're purple, you get butt shit.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Yea, they're scaled down, I dunno the numbers. I'd like to note that this is the reason it's better to use/sell level 25 and 30 lotgs and numina's than level 50s.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote:
    Yea, they're scaled down, I dunno the numbers. I'd like to note that this is the reason it's better to use/sell level 25 and 30 lotgs and numina's than level 50s.

procs also

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    Man there is nothing quite like a five man team of all your friends, some in person, some on voicechat, battling your way through a swarm of parallel Nazis to defeat an archvillian and then watching the glorious sacrifice of your own clone surrounded by the corpses of evil doubles

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    The Evil Double questline is thoroughly enjoyable, intriguing enough to hold attention and excellent with friends.

• Options
    I can make characters with glowing eyes now. And Dr. Orpheus style capes.

Gonna be trapped in character creator all night pretty much, re-exploring my options.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote:
    *SpaceCop*

This is probably one of the best Halloween temp-costumes one can get. Why oh why can't they make some of this armor available as wearable pieces? I think the only thing from this suit that's in the CC is the visor. The gauntlets would be pretty cool too as a weapon-option for Dual Pistols.

If you look closely at that picture, you'll see how tightly all those various bits fit together. They don't like releasing costume pieces that ONLY work with certain other costume pieces, the PPD set is entirely like that. Put those bits with most of the other bits in the game and they're going to clip and generally look terrible.

They did release the Enforcer set not long after PPD came out, it works a lot better for actually being fun to play around with.

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Man i wish gnome and arrow could have glowing eyes
    or if there were like, good robes

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    yeah, the robes really suck

• Options
    Ok so
    i have done a few sewer runs to level
    but i have no idea how these things work
    i've just joined someone's team, and they've done all the stuff to enter it
    It's called a Trial? How do i find these things, how do i start them?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Get a team together, click on your LFG tab, select the sewer trial, hit queue.

• Options
    hooray!
    now
    i notice every time we do it our levels are set to 2
    does this happen every time automatically?

also if anyone can explain this architect stuff
    that'd help
    its player made content? is there any kind of screening process, or is it gonna be 90% rooms full of stuff to easily level and then like 10 actually well done things that everyone knows about

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Yes, the Sewer Trial specifically sets your level and bumps it by one at each stage. Other trials will have minimum and maximum levels, most will lower your level to match the TF or whoever is leading if their level is below the max.

Yes, player made. Screening is by playing and rating. You can search for the ones marked as developers choice or whatever it is.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    Hey thanks!
    All useful stuff, yes yes very good
    now i just wish we were playing on the same server as you guys
    but i don't think any of my friends will stick with it very long any way..

• Options
    Well, it's not exactly what I was asking for but...

grouplogo.jpg
    Three Transformation Powers - Rikti Mentalist, PPD Hardsuit, or Carnival Harlequin

These formerly convention-exclusive powers allow you to change your appearance into an NPC. ONLY Available in the Paragon Market until Dec. 6.

Market Location: Powers > Permanent Powers > NPC Transformation
    480 Points Each

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Those costumes work for the "Tricked Out" Hallowe'en trial badge.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    Character screenshooooooooots.

First of all, Suplex Sam still exists. I've trashed a bunch of my pre-20 characters and all (like I always have, I love making characters), but I can never get rid of Sam. Plus he was actually fun as shit to play.
    suplexsam-1.jpg

First character I made coming back to the game was Civil Disorder, my Street Justice / Willpower brute that I took up through Praetoria as a member of the resistance and have on the hero side as of last night. My new favorite.
    civildisorder.jpg

I've always liked Dominators as an archetype and I've always teased them out as mental controllers mostly. I was dabbling at the choices tonight and finally made a fire themed one.
    emmakindle.jpg

Then I died during a mission because the powers don't put enemies out of commission in the same way that mental does and I wasn't expecting it. I said "fuck it," went to make a new character, and while I didn't actually go through with it (mostly 'cause plant control is also DoT-oriented like fire), I had enough variation to the fire dominator's theme to be happy with it and took a screenshot.
    thornstheme.jpg

• Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    The auras work perfectly in making your character look fuckin boss while actually serving no real purpose. One of the reasons they don't get unlocked normally until you're 30.
    Hard to look awesome when you've only got two moves (or less!) to use.

• Options
    Does anyone still play?
    Also can you do the missions for capes/auras when youre a f2p player?

• Options
    you can do those missions as a f2p player, I am about 99% sure

you won't have access to all of the options for those unless you buy stuff in the store, but there's a pretty good default selection anyways

• Options
    ugh posts are flipping around
    yeah i checked the wiki, and it took me a bloody age just to find the guy, and he has no quest for me. So i checked with the other possible contact anyway, and she didnt say a thing. frustrating.

• Options
    everything's turning flipways

• Options
    Ok i am confused as to

how to get it then
    i was told that i go to my original questgiver, matthew burke? right? the big dude
    but he has nothing to tell me
    and neither does the girl

• Options
    frustrating.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Who does do capes redside now? It's still the City Rep blueside...hmm.

• Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    Gotta use the find contact button to get the contact for the villain cape/aura mission.

• Options
    He's a special Goldbricker sitting in the middle of a small hedge-maze in CAD's New Haven neighborhood. If you're going to do his mission, you might as well pick up the 2nd Costume Slot mission as well if you haven't done it seeing they'll both take you to Sharkhead Isle.