As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's the Blitzkrieg Bop. - Fear Itself

1161718192022»

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    We already have Pompeii, no need for Paris to bring that style back.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That was almost two thousand years ago

CYpGAPn.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Once again, an unfortunate turn of phrase Solar

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    If we are talking about the Nazi/Parisians thing

that was intentional

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'm going to read all of the main Fear Itself issues including the Brubaker written prologue before I decide how much I liked the story. The Fearless 12 issue series started out very good though.

I'm still hoping this Pheonix thing is a series of inter-connected minis instead of an "event" book.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Yeah. I'm going to re-read the entire JIM run a couple times.

I'm trade waiting on the JiM run.

• IndiIndi Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    But they are made of stone

That is not a power

That is just an unfortunate state resulting in death

This is truth.

And didn't Tony break some when pushing his way out of the corpse mountain too.

Uh oh.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Corpse mountain was made of broken parts. Some of them got even more broken.

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    It's interesting how closely this has followed Bellow's translation of the last verse of Völuspá.

If you're interested:
    In anger smites the warder of earth,—
    Forth from their homes must all men flee;—
    Nine paces fares the son of Fjorgyn,
    And, slain by the serpent, fearless he sinks.

Overall the main Fear Itself story would have been much better had it not been an event and just stuck to the original Thor/IIM crossover idea. It's still not bad in it's current form but like Secret Invasion it had way too many tie-ins.

I still say Siege has been the most effective event comic from Marvel so far. Short main series length, minimal tie-ins, and deaths that actually have stuck so far save one, and technically Loki is a brand new character now.

• KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    Reading FI #4. They wasted no time getting Steve back in the suit, did they? :lol:

They couldn't have waited till 7.1? That would've made a lot more sense.

Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I felt like the whole event I was waiting for that moment where I could say 'finally' and everything was going to tie together. The whole thing felt way too decompressed and then all of a sudden splash page. It was like a 16 year old learning to drive, too much gas then too much break. After this I'm done with New Avengers and Iron Man, feel like I was expecting too much of these books and need to start thinning out the pull list.

cardboard delusions on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    I felt like the whole event I was waiting for that moment where I could say 'finally' and everything was going to tie together. The whole thing felt way too decompressed and then all of a sudden splash page. It was like a 16 year old learning to drive, too much gas then too much break. After this I'm done with New Avengers and Iron Man, feel like I was expecting too much of these books and need to start thinning out the pull list.

I think this is very well put, it did seem like there were a lot of OH SHIT moments but like then they didn't really have much lasting impact.
    Thor getting the cool Odin shit, cap putting on the suit, cap grabbing Mjolnir, even Thor fighting Thing/Hulk.

I am kind of glad it's coming to a close, honestly. Just want something fresh I guess.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.