As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    As a Philly person looking into this thread. I am envious.

You guys seem to have the best times.

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    1. The bridge is still closed. I ended up going all the way down to 78 because the detour is horribly marked.

2. I got a parking ticket :(

• LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    Yeah, we're not doing that again. I couldn't find street parking until 6:00 am, so I stayed up until 6:00 am.

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wait

what?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    As a Philly person looking into this thread. I am envious.

You guys seem to have the best times.
    I feel the same way except I'm in DC instead of philli.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    noo yamiiiiii

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    noo yamiiiiii

I was apparently blocking a driveway. I swear there wasn't one where I parked.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Litejedi wrote:
    Yeah, we're not doing that again. I couldn't find street parking until 6:00 am, so I stayed up until 6:00 am.

6? you dropped me off at 2:30. that's insane.

I don't know how people's schedules look but it would be advantageous if we could play again next weekend (instead of in two weeks) as my girlfriend is visiting for my birthday in 2 weeks.

I don't know how many sessions syndalis has planned but it's looking like i'm only here until dec. 18th now.

919UOwT.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Jesus, sorry about that. To both Yami and litejedi.... we will not run late nights ever again.

It is POSSIBLE that a Sunday game next week could happen if people are up for it. We could start around 2 or 3 pm on Sunday the 30th, after the hangovers subsided, and give it a go. We would stay level 5, we are all geared up and outside the dungeon, so all we would have to do is step inside.

If that sounds fair, then we can plan for that... otherwise, we may have to wait for three weeks to play again.

As for what I have planned, there is 2-3 sessions left, maximum. We have plenty of time to wrap this up.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Philly and DC people are welcome to come visit! We always love to have honorary citizens

even texans! :O

We do have a really cool community of people here, gang. You guys are all really great. :D

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Philly and DC people are welcome to come visit! We always love to have honorary citizens

even texans! :O

We do have a really cool community of people here, gang. You guys are all really great. :D

I will take you up on that offer. Next time you guys have a party, barring any major tragedy (like an empty bank account), I will be there! :D

• TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    I'll have to see about Sunday. It's possible that with the general wonkiness of the holiday weekend my usual Sunday plans might get axed.

Also, as it turns out the Halloween party I'm going to in Brooklyn is on Friday, so it's looking like Rocky Horror might be a possibility on Saturday night!

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Please do! You have been to 9th and Coles with us before, yes? :D

I always forget your Karaoke heritage...

• EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm also gone this weekend. Do y'all ever go out on weekend days, or generally stay in? I should mention to my girlfriend one weekend when she's up here about this. Do y'all like, go bowling? is that a thing to do in jersey city?

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    We will go virtually anywhere and do virtually anything.

I was thinking you should come out to dinner with us some night at 9th and Coles or Whitestar! You live way too close for us to not hang out. We do stuff more or less "whenever"-- feel free to even say, pick a night and we will find something to do! :D

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I'm up for hanging out most of the time, so long as there is some advance warning.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    syndalis wrote:
    I'm up for hanging out most of the time, so long as there is some advance warning.

don't let this man fool you
    he is a guerrilla comedy show attendee

syndalis wrote:

I'll be honest; I was in it for the foursquare points.

Bonus was that we saw a few pretty funny comedians.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    syndalis wrote:
    syndalis wrote:

I'll be honest; I was in it for the foursquare points.

Bonus was that we saw a few pretty funny comedians.

foursquare is a disease that allows you to get achievements for shit the rest of us do because we WANT to. :p LOL

So @EggyToast some night this week or next what say we grab a beer somewhere out here? if you haven't been to the JC Barcade you definitely need to!

• Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    I heard Rocky Horror and came as fast as I could.

I haven't seen any PA people besides Casual Eddy and Shaz in a long long time so I am up for hangouts.

ezek1t.jpg
    edited October 2011
    You! Yes!

I remember you from the thing where that guy was here

and yeah! Rocky Horror, in our neighborhood in JC, easily accessible via mass transit!

tapeslinger on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'll be Jersey Shore Rocky

I'll be Jersey Shore Rocky

no
    no you will not

foursquare is a disease that allows you to get achievements for shit the rest of us do because we WANT to. :p LOL

When I become Mayor of Wafels and Dinges and get a free jar of Spekulos, who will be laughing then? I WILL!!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited October 2011
    syndalis wrote:

When I become Mayor of Wafels and Dinges and get a free jar of Spekulos, who will be laughing then? I WILL!!

they will do that?
    and I would need to visit more often than you then :(
    because I have not had wafels and dinges in like.... forever :(

tapeslinger on
    edited October 2011
    syndalis wrote:

they will do that?
    and I would need to visit more often than you then :(
    because I have not had wafels and dinges in like.... forever :(

There are all sorts of crazy fucked up things going on in foursquare.

See the Conan blimp? Check in with foursquare, and get a chance to win a fucking ride on it.

Become the Mayor of a boutique Gourmet Hot Dog Shop? A free Dog every time you show up while you are the mayor.

The real life benefits are actually pretty great.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    goddamn you syndalis. I just downloaded foursquare...
    it has achievements
    I can compare my achievements to my friends achievements
    Im in trouble.

Deebaser wrote:
    it has achievements
    Im in trouble.
    There is a cheevo for going to three karaoke bars in a month.

This must happen.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    f94420f5-f3c7-4f21-8edf-ba6da2369343.jpg

syndalis wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:
    it has achievements
    Im in trouble.
    There is a cheevo for going to three karaoke bars in a month.

This must happen.

Tomewyrm will be happy to know this...

.... damnit do not rope me into this foursquare bullshit! no no no no

tape....be....my 4square friend....

ccccchhhhhheeeeeeeevvvvvvooooooooosssss

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I would love to do karaoke again.

I'll be pretty broke until mid-November though according to my budget. So unless I win the lottery between now and then I probably won't be out much. :(

Oh and the event is on Thursday if anyone feels like coming.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Deebaser wrote:
    it has achievements
    Im in trouble.

One of us. One of us.

@nexuscrawler @litejedi @TomeWyrm @YamiNoSenshi @Gooey

Okay, so yami, Gooey and I are down for a Sunday afternoon game.

Since I will probably be waking up on the couch at nexuscrawler's place on Sunday, I am hoping he will be cool for pancakes, followed by gaming.

This leaves TomeWyrm and LiteJedi. Are you two in? I'd like to start by like 2 or 3, and wrap up by 8 as to avoid any issues with people having to work the next day.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    But first a quick game of Which Stupid Way Will Yami Take Home Because The Goddamn Bridge Is Still Closed!

syndalis wrote:

Since I will probably be waking up on the couch at nexuscrawler's place on Sunday, I am hoping he will be cool for pancakes, followed by gaming.

This leaves TomeWyrm and LiteJedi. Are you two in? I'd like to start by like 2 or 3, and wrap up by 8 as to avoid any issues with people having to work the next day.

first, hell yes
    second, there's probably a chance you and tome will be couch buddies that night

syndalis wrote:

first, hell yes
    second, there's probably a chance you and tome will be couch buddies that night

:winky:

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote:

I'll have to see if my usual Sunday plans are still in effect...if not I'll be able to play. But if so, you can feel free to have Asher wander off and talk to some ghosts for a session. I'll know for sure sometime today, I think.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    What's going on Saturday?

Also Yami just build a new bridge

919UOwT.png
    Gooey wrote:
    What's going on Saturday?

Also Yami just build a new bridge

Does my degree say civil engineer on it? No, it does not. It says computer science. Build something? Ha!