As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vote the SHIT out of this election

ShortyShorty touching the meatIntergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Social Entropy++
It's that time of year

when we (americans) get ballots in the mail and you fill that fucker out and mail it and then a few weeks later some shit maybe happens

or maybe you go to a booth and pull a lever/punch a card/draw a line/flush a toilet, we ain't picky

let's talk about shit like BALLOT MEASURES and how they almost always sound pretty tits until you actually look into them and everything goes right to shit

now you may point out that this is a stupid time in the election cycle to talk politics since it's a year where nothing major is happening

this was deliberate

since I find local politics to be infinitely more interesting (and incrementally less frustrating) than national politics

so tell me, folks, about the local douchebags who are fucking things up and the rockstars who try to fix it

Shorty on

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh shit.

I need to fill out my ballot and crap.

Like, mail it in, too.

Fuck.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "All politics is local." -Charles Barkley

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I have tried registering to vote 3 times, this latest being the third. I hope it went through okay but I think it may still be too early for everything to have gotten through okay.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I have tried registering to vote 3 times, this latest being the third. I hope it went through okay but I think it may still be too early for everything to have gotten through okay.

for years, the county auditor (the person whose office handles voter registration and whatnot) in the county I lived in was named Bob Terwilliger

totally serious

he was very effective

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    Oh shit.

Like, mail it in, too.

Fuck.

Tonkka, sir

how do you, as a barman, feel about this year's liquor initiative

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Just got my application to vote early. Gonna vote like a motherfucker

sig2.jpg
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Not even gonna vote.

broken image link
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    this is probs weird but I can't wait for next year when I'm actually old enough to vote

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    This does not apply to me!

Independents: Encouraging Voter Apathy Since Who Gives Two Shits, Where Is My Beer?

[IMG][/img]
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    I wish we had mandatory voting. Doesn't Australia do that?

Barcardi wrote:

Yep.

broken image link
    hah, it'll never happen

the republicans know that when more people vote it's always bad for the GOP

so they'd couch the debate in horseshit personal freedom rhetoric

but yes, it would be nice

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Oh shit.

Like, mail it in, too.

Fuck.

Tonkka, sir

I voted to privatize liquor the last time around.

Going to vote for it again.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Barcardi wrote:

Yep.

It's annoying as all hell. Wish we could choose to vote like America.

Of course I am not a fan of voting for anything, so my thoughts wont apply to most people.

Tonkka wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Oh shit.

Like, mail it in, too.

Fuck.

Tonkka, sir

I did as well, last time

this time, though, the suggested legislation has some pretty severe shortcomings

not the least of which is the fact that even in the pro-campaign's own documentation they admit that liquor will cost more and give the state less revenue

it's basically a lose-lose

except that it would be more convenient to buy

Barcardi wrote:

Yep.

Of course I am not a fan of voting for anything, so my thoughts wont apply to most people.

It is not hard to make an invalid vote!

broken image link
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i make invalid votes all the time.

It's called Voting NDP.

This has been your Canadian political joke.

Barcardi wrote:

Yep.

what happens if you just choose not to vote?

• TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Barcardi wrote:

Yep.

My go to is Emperor Palpatine.

Edit: If you don't physically vote you get fined. I'm not sure of the amount. But as Fuzzbutt said you can also go and write some bullshit name in so it counts as invalid.

TrueHereticX on
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote:
    Barcardi wrote:

Yep.

death by snakes/spiders

same as if you do vote

4SMZq.jpg
    Wimble wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Barcardi wrote:

Yep.

death by snakes/spiders

same as if you do vote

well I meant in addition to that

• nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    what elections?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote:
    Barcardi wrote:

Yep.

You can't not shop up to a polling centre, take the slip of paper and go into a booth. If you don't, you get fined.

But you can show up, take your slip of paper, walk into a booth and draw smiley faces all over it. Or write the lyrics to your favourite song all over it. Of course, it would be easier to just vote, but then some people are stubborn. And stupid. Vote, for fucks sake. Democracy only works if people vote.

Barcardi wrote:

Yep.

My go to is Emperor Palpatine.

Edit: If you don't physically vote you get fined. I'm not sure of the amount. But as Fuzzbutt said you can also go and write some bullshit name in so it counts as invalid.

I usually vote properly, but one time I hated everyone so I chose Pikachu.

broken image link
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Democracy only works with informed voters. If I go in there and just leave an ink pressing of my ballsack on the slip, that isn't exactly helping the democratic process any.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote:

Yeah, but then the government would have to send ballots to everybody.

[IMG][/img]
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    The fine is also only imposed if you are registered to vote in the first place, which I think you're meant to do, but they don't fine you for not registering.
    At least this is what I think happens. Also I think you can sort of just be all "No fuck off" if they try and fine you, and not pay it, and they don't do shit about it.

But seriously just go vote.

• L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    im pretty sure here you only have to be registered to vote, you don't legally have to vote

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Oh balls, I don't know if my voter registration got updated when I moved this time...

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Shorty wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Oh shit.

Like, mail it in, too.

Fuck.

Tonkka, sir

I did as well, last time

this time, though, the suggested legislation has some pretty severe shortcomings

not the least of which is the fact that even in the pro-campaign's own documentation they admit that liquor will cost more and give the state less revenue

it's basically a lose-lose

except that it would be more convenient to buy

I did not know this. I guess I have some reading to do.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    "Present" 2012

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    natek wrote:
    what elections?

I hate you.

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    One of the people running for school board here in Fairfax County has the first name Lolita. It's been a little strange driving around and seeing all those cardboard signs with LOLITA in big capitol letters. That's all I can tell you about local politics, I just moved back here a year ago, and probably gonna move out again very soon.

brDe918.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    natek wrote:
    what elections?

The ones that you get when you look at ladies

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Can you vote in that Cain guy? Mother fucker loves Pokemon.

Fuck off and die.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    whoa wait I have seen those lolita signs

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    Can you vote in that Cain guy? Mother fucker loves Pokemon.

And the number nine. Number nine. Number nine. Number nine. Number nine.

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I never have enough motivation to learn about local candidates, but I think this November, all we have in Texas is ballot measures, mostly to issue bonds. To which most people will vote yes.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure there aren't any local elections this year for me.

Yep. Just checked. Nothing until next year, when I will have left the state already.

ruby-red-sig.jpg