As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My Little Pony: [Phalla] Is Magic: Monster Victory

AriviaArivia I Like A ChallengeEarth-1Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Critical Failures
240px-My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Magic_logo.svg.png

Welcome to Ponyville, the sign reads as Princess Celestia, ruler of all Equestria, glided towards the town in her golden chariot. Everything looked peaceful and calm in the bright summer's day for Ponyville: the market was bustling, the shops full, birds singing, and a multitude of parties going on. Still, something must have happened: Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's student, had pleaded and begged for the Princess to come to Ponyville immediately!

The chariot stopped in front of Twilight's treehouse library, and Princess Celestia rushed inside. "My faithful student," she cried out, "What is going on?" Twilight Sparkle ran to the princess, crying into her mane. "Oh Princess! It's so terrible! Magic has stopped working in Ponyville! I can't even cast a simple spell to make light! Look!" Twilight concentrated and thought hard, trying to make the familiar purple light appear from her horn: but nothing came.

"Hmm," thought the Princess. "This is highly unusual, Twilight Sparkle. I will have to return to Canterlot to research this strangeness more." As if on cue, a sudden giant crash echoed across Ponyville, coming from where the town met the wild and crazy Everfree Forest. Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle could hear ponies crying out in the distance: "The monsters are coming! The monsters are coming! Ruuuunnnn!"

Princess Celestia looked at her student thoughtfully. "Despite having no magic, Twilight, I have faith in you to resolve this situation. I must return to Canterlot before this dead magic spreads any further!" And with that, the Princess was away again, leaving Twilight to collapse on the floor, dejected. "What do I do now? Even with my friends, what can we do against all of these monsters - and without my magic, too?"

Game

This is a mini-phalla for 20 players set in the world of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. This is a very standard phalla: no factions, a village and a mafia, nothing else. General rules for phalla are here. New players are welcome: this is very very new player friendly.

Rules

You must vote each day in !red. Clarifications to me, your host, go in dark orange, retractions in lime.

The vote closes at 11:00 PM EST each night. Orders will be accepted until 10:59, but not 11:00.

The usual phalla stuff:
If you are dead, you may not speak to any other player, LIVING OR DEAD, about the game. One dead post is acceptable, but it should be nothing more than “Oh crap I died.” or some variant thereof.
No anonymous contact. All PMs or messages outside of the forums must be done with full disclosure of your forum identity.
You may not use screenshots to “prove” anything to anyone.
You are free to create Proboards, make sure you give me access so I can examine them.
No direct sharing of role PMs.
No posting in anything but English.

Special Note: Remember, this is a phalla, not a pony thread. Don't post links to episodes, don't turn this into a discussion, don't post creepy fan art.

Again, this is a really simple, basic phalla. You're not going to need it, but if you want to know, order of actions is simply: Vote>Abilities.

There's no generic villager (too many fun characters for that), but if there was, that role PM would be thus:
You are a pony!

Ability: You don't have a special ability. But you can vote!

Win Condition: You win when all threats to Ponyville have been eliminated.

Clarifications:

This is a children's show and we're treating it as such. Instead of ponies being killed, et cetera, they are merely knocked out. All abilities that would normally result in a "kill" instead just knock out the target.
Spoit wrote:
The usual questions: Ties, order of actions, thralls/millers/conversions?

Public flip of a coin; that's in the OP; that's not very nice, Twilight! (no)

1. Tmoiy
2. Silas Brown
3. SlyM
4. Capfalcon
5. Spoit
6. Rawkking Goodguy - Sweetie Belle: had her troubles multiply beyond reckoning
7. Shiny New Toys
8. Turkson
9. The Anonymous - Cherilee: dashed into oblivion
10. Wildcat - DJ Pon-3: dashed into oblivion
11. Warban - Big McIntosh: ganged up on by everypony
12. Brainleech - Scootaloo: dashed into oblivion
13. Bedlam
14. Caulk Bite 6
15. kuhlmeye - The Parasprites: ganged up on by every pony
16. Lucedes
17. Flarne
18. Greeper - Rarity: ganged up on by everypony
19. Matev
20. Alegis - Fluttershy: couldn't stare down her troubles

Reserves:
1. Cythraul

Narration:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Conclusion

huntresssig.jpg
Arivia on

• TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    For harmony!

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Really? Fucking really?

Fine

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Really? Fucking really?

Fine

<3

huntresssig.jpg
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I am indifferent about ponies and media relating to them

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Care Bear Stare!

Wait...

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ponyta is the best pony.

steam_sig.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Glad I am still awake.

books books god I love books

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    I want to play! I havent seen the recent version I only remember the one from my childhood, but this sounds fun.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    !Sign Up

Although I do not know why.

oh h*ck
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I hate you so much right now.

But god damn it, I will sign up regardless.

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    !SIGN THE GODDAMN HELL UP

Arivia wrote:
    Special Note: Remember, this is a phalla, not a pony thread. Don't post links to episodes, don't turn this into a discussion, don't post creepy fan art.

The occasional image macro is cool though, right?

Wildcat wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

Yeah, it should be fine with the normal Phalla merriness. I just don't want to get on the mods' bad side and get this shut down.

huntresssig.jpg
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    !WE WOULD LIKE TO PLAY. THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I guess.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    My signup is at least 20% cooler

Arivia wrote:
    Wildcat wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

Yeah, it should be fine with the normal Phalla merriness. I just don't want to get on the mods' bad side and get this shut down.

Good stuff, thanks.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    oh hey, looks like there is.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    This show is a thing I suppose

PSN: the-K-flash
    @Matev Change your avatar and get in here!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    !yaaay

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Signup!

Flarne on
    kuhlmeye wrote:

was it you who wanted revenge against me for stuff in the echo bazaar phalla?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    I will sign up

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Confound these ponies, they drive me to sign up!

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    last spot?

• kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    kuhlmeye wrote:

That is an extreme possibility.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    ALEGGIS

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Oh man, I was conflicted about joining this. Thank you Alegis for removing that temptation.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    kuhlmeye wrote:
    kuhlmeye wrote:

That is an extreme possibility.

looks like you may get your chance.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Avatar is now correctly selected for this phalla!

Role PMs will go out when I get back from picking up new comics. You may dance now.

huntresssig.jpg
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I'm going to commence prancing.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    A Doo Doo Doo, A Cha cha cha, A ha ha ha!

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    ALEGGIS

RAUKINGUUUUU

IT BEGINS...

Filles and Gentlecolts, start your paranoia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xt6CWjmnsk

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    !signup

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Or reserve as appropriate

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Role PMs are going out now. Please refrain from discussion until Day 1 narration is posted.

huntresssig.jpg