As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Movie (Updated 8/15)

• OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Come on Invasion! Come on! Go go go!

Officer on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I find it disturbing how much support Bratz has received.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • 4M3THYST4M3THYST Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I find it disturbing how much support Bratz has received.

Agreed! I think that's just wrong anyway... It's going to be a theatre full of kids that won't understand what's going on. If it was a more adult oriented movie, there's the chance that the regular movie goers (outside of us forumers) will join in the fun, too. And if they don't and get all pissy: that will be way funnier than seeing kids not understand and getting all pissy. You know? :|

4M3THYST on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    anybody who still feels the mood want to do the midnight showing of rocky horror picture show the week after pax?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • GuyGuy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm going with Invasion, I want to see Superbad too much to diss it:P

Guy on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    After reading a couple reviews of Invasion and considering the point of this exercise, I, too, would like to switch my vote from Superbad to Invasion. Also, I love commas.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Haha. So at this point pretty much half of the votes are invalid?

I stick with my choice: Underdog!

underdog.gif

anable on
    edited June 2007
    Sweet, that means that Invasion is the hands down leader so far, taking into account the fact that now 3 people have changed their votes to Invasion, I feel pretty confident that Invasion shall be the movie we ruin for some unsuspecting movie goers. Wooo!

Officer on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ahead by 1 isn't really a "hands down" lead by any stretch of a rational mind, especially given that we have several months to go. Besides, that just turns Superbad into the sexy minority fighting the oppressive majority, viva la resistance!

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited June 2007
    Yes, but apparently you didn't read after my second comma. It states the fact you have to have read peoples posts, which has 3 more votes for Invasion that are changed from Superbad and Bratz. Not to mention, the poll only goes to the end of this month.

Therefore, Hooha! Hooshaw! Invasion has the lead!

Officer on
  • AnexkahnAnexkahn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    voted for invasion... would just like to add, please go for a later showing like after 10:30... some of us wont be getting in until 9ish and then hope to hit up the pax dinner prior to this. If i remember correctly, snakes was like a 10:30 or 11 and that was perfect.

Anexkahn on
  • StifinStifin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The movie got moved up so that everyone can make it to the pre-pax concert which is after the dinner. I don't have a link for the thread but I'm sure Moe_Fwacky will swoop in momentarily with it. Because he is the linkmaster.

So in summation, you will be able to take part in some pre-pax festivities.

Stifin on
    "The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
    edited June 2007
    Stifin wrote: »
    The movie got moved up so that everyone can make it to the pre-pax concert which is after the dinner. I don't have a link for the thread but I'm sure Moe_Fwacky will swoop in momentarily with it. Because he is the linkmaster.

So in summation, you will be able to take part in some pre-pax festivities.

Too late!

Is this like Highlander? Do I now absorb Moe's power and become the linkmaster?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • StifinStifin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I was thinking more along the lines of the keymaster from ghostbusters. So i'm not exactly sure if you want to become it.

Stifin on
    "The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm just going to do my best to do what I'm told; dinner, movie, mayhem... whatever

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited June 2007
    Stifin wrote: »
    I was thinking more along the lines of the keymaster from ghostbusters. So i'm not exactly sure if you want to become it.

I was Lewis Tully for Halloween a couple years ago. I ran around with a collander on my head and my shirt untucked, sniffing people.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So this movie was just announced for August release date:

http://www.stardustmovie.com/

neil gaiman ? anyone ? would it be worth scrapping all plans to see this film ?

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ha ha! i just tied it up between Invasion and Superbad. It is up to you to un-tie it!

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited June 2007
    randomguy wrote: »
    So this movie was just announced for August release date:

http://www.stardustmovie.com/

neil gaiman ? anyone ? would it be worth scrapping all plans to see this film ?

I don't know... It might be worth trashing the shit out of it.

Officer on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    This is a seriously close race between The Invasion and Superbad.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited June 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    This is a seriously close race between The Invasion and Superbad.
    Don't forget: a few of us have changed our votes from Superbad to The Invasion. Invasion should actually be ahead by about 6.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited June 2007
    Providing the poll expires with the two still very close, we may run another head-to-head poll to make the final decision.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yes! The Invasion has pulled into the lead!

Since Seattle is going to be invaded by thousands of us, I think this movie is thematically relevant.

EDIT:
    Providing the poll expires with the two still very close, we may run another head-to-head poll to make the final decision.

Oh noes! I may have spoke too soon.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Am I the only person who likes rush hour?

Shade on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Well half the fun of the movie is raiding a movie with regular moviegoers in it. Those people have no idea what's about to happen in that theater when they sit down. In the end, it becomes our theater, weather or not other people are there (plus it doesn't cost us more than the normal cost of a movie).

so....the point of your little movie thing is ruining everyone else's night at the movies

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
    edited June 2007
    Shade wrote: »

Yes, yes you are.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Shade wrote: »

Yes, yes you are.

no, no your not . . . i also like rush hour 8-)

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I R coming.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • staplersareshinystaplersareshiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    no, no your not . . . i also like rush hour 8-)
    I think you're thinking of the Rush Hour remakes in 2034, those were awesome cause of the dinosaur subplot. Apparently there was always plans for dinosaurs but they were thought to be too "edgy" at the time.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
    edited June 2007
    wait what?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    wait what?
    Mike travels through time.

anable on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I won't be at the movie this year. Why?

Gameworks is a much better time investment and then there is shortys with all the pins. Ya, Sorry guys. I'm gonna have to pass in favor of that.

Viscountalpha on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I won't be at the movie this year. Why?

Gameworks is a much better time investment and then there is shortys with all the pins. Ya, Sorry guys. I'm gonna have to pass in favor of that.

but you can do that kind of stuff any day. the pax movie raid only happens once a year. i wouldn't miss it, even if they locked me out :)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited June 2007
    Also, movie is before dinner this year, not after. So you have time to do all three.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Also, movie is before dinner this year, not after. So you have time to do all three.

awww. but that means that those of us comming up on the coast starlight won't be able to make the movie
    . . .oh well

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    BSR Stash wrote: »
    Don't forget about the lusty lady ;-)

Could we have a prepax strip club night? just a thought.. but i heard De JaVu was better.

HolyHesus on
    edited June 2007
    HolyHesus wrote: »

Could we have a prepax strip club night? just a thought.. but i heard De JaVu was better.

good idea. i got a buddy who works at rick's, i might be able to arrange something ;)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

awww. but that means that those of us comming up on the coast starlight won't be able to make the movie
    . . .oh well

If the train is delayed we might be getting in till like 11 at night. Which means we miss out on almost everything Thursday except the Wednesday-Thursday partying we will be doing on the train.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    HolyHesus wrote: »

good idea. i got a buddy who works at rick's, i might be able to arrange something ;)

YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT WORKS AT RICKS?! that made me jump. I looooove ricks love love ricks. I went there for my 18th birthday. Pure bliss...

HolyHesus on
    edited June 2007
    Only four days left to get your vote in!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.