As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Blue "new posts" highlight not behaving

harvestharvest By birthright,a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
I'm experiencing an issue where the blue "new posts" marker to the left of the thread titles isn't working properly. I click the thread, read the new posts, and click the forum title at the bottom of the thread to get back to the main list.

The thread hasn't changed position in the list, and the blue highlight is still lit up. There have been no new posts and clicking the title of the thread just takes me to the last post.

Same behavior in my bookmarks.

This isn't happening for all threads, or all the time on the threads it does happen for, so I don't know how to duplicate it. The thread I notice it happening the most with is the Skyrim thread in G&T.

B6yM5w2.gif
harvest on

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    CoD thread in G&T is doing it for me and atleast one other person posting in said thread as well.

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I have noticed this with both the CoD and Skyrim threads in G&T. Posting in the thread fixes it for me temporarily but it always breaks again.

Renegade Wolf on
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    We've noticed in CF that once a thread's blue dot thing stops working, it seems that the thread will start having the "first page duplicated on last page" problem as soon as the thread has enough posts to move to the next page...

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    New page came on the CoD thread, and we didn't get that first page/thread broken error, so I don't know if that is actually a correlation

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    This is happening again in the new skyrim thread in G&T.

B6yM5w2.gif