As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guildwars in the BYOC room

atrayatray Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
The PC Tourney thread was a little crowded so I started a new one just for GW.

It seems like a bunch of us will be in the BYOC room playing guildwars at some point. Is anyone interested in forming a team for the guildwars tourney ANet mentioned is probably happening again this year. If it doesnt we should at least try to get our computers in the same area since im sure there will a lot of WOW players :P

This is mainly towards the pvp players if anyone is interested reply back with some gw pvp history of your account.

atray on

• Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I am not much of a PvP player. I have done it, I have liked it, but most of my Guild Wars-ing is PvE. However! I do plan on playing some GW at PAX. Can't wait to have a bit of fun there with other supporters of the game.

Officer on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'd love to play but currently I'm a PVE girl myself. I'm willing to try my hand at some PVP in practice though if we are forming a group.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If it's like it was last year, then it's not just PvE or PvP. It's kind of like an ARG.

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    That will be awesome :)

I just mentioned PvP because would be nice to get something going for the ANet tourney and after playing guildwars for 2 1/2 years PvE became boring for me.

Im open for whatever though. If you would like to play some PvE we could do a FoW run those are fun. Any other ideas?

atray on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    lordthanda wrote: »
    If it's like it was last year, then it's not just PvE or PvP. It's kind of like an ARG.

Yes, ANet did that as well. That was pretty fun, but they also had a 10k Tournament that was sealed deck style. http://www.guildwars.com/pax2006/

Anyways I was just asking about organizing something with players in the BYOC room.

atray on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited June 2007
    You can paint me green with envy if you actually get a group of PvE'ers together for a FoW run or something.

One of my most favorable lan party memories is getting a crew together to kill Glint...it was awesome times.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    DiscoDave wrote: »
    You can paint me green with envy if you actually get a group of PvE'ers together for a FoW run or something.

One of my most favorable lan party memories is getting a crew together to kill Glint...it was awesome times.

Glint is nothing these days. I have yet to fail a Glint run with Heroes and a friend, except once, when we made the mistake of bringing another friend of ours who thinks he is hot shit when he lacked to ability to back it up.

However, I would be happy to do a FoW run. Never been there before though. I am really more of a fun based player than anything. However, I do have some pretty useful/well equipped characters that I think would be up for the challenge.

Officer on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If we make it into the BYOC, the chances of us playing G at some point is totally 100%. Feel free to look me up if you don't mind hanging with a n00b - screen name is the same, just add a space.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The GW pvp community on IRC has a few people going. Feel free to visit us on gamesurge at #gwp. Be warned--it's a pretty dang foul channel sometimes. Last year, the two top teams in the GW tournament were made up of IRC/forum folks.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    sometimes?

atray on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    atray wrote: »
    sometimes?

Yeah, occasionally there's no one around. :)

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    lol, anyways r u planning on coming to pax?

atray on
  • Options
    Newscaster MorboNewscaster Morbo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, I'm game for a "little" GW in the BYOC. I'm still trying for a Survivor (3) title.

Just tweaks the melon how I could be so close to it with one character and then the DSL lags! It was like being kicked in the teeth!

I will definately be looking forward to an FoW run if we can get the humans! Hopefully, not only will playing with humans will rock like normal, but _maybe_ I might get some regulars into my guild. And when I mean regulars, I mean people that log in more than once every few months!

Newscaster Morbo on
  • Options
    SparhawkSparhawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    LAN GW sounds like a blast! I'd definitely be up for a tournament team as well. If anyone is interested in partying beforehand/during, my monk's name is Cedrik Wolfsfriend.

I just started playing PvP a while ago but by the time PAX rolls around (what...2 weeks?) I think I'll be good.

Sparhawk on
    46BB69AC76FF7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    sure, ill be playing tonight. my ign is Atray Is Confused

atray on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2007
    You guys notice that there's an Eye of the North free weekend play scheduled overlapping PAX, for people who have pre-ordered the expansion?

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Who's going to the Gameworks GW party?

Samyel on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yes and yes

atray on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'll be at the BYOC! I'll most likely be on GW checking out the sneak peek weekend and I can't wait! It looks to be pretty cool and honestly...if we get to watch that little urchine (Gwen) get killed, it will be my favorite GW section yet.

Kind of like when you get to the end of Proph and you get to whack the Prince...I think everyone has screens of that!

Newscaster Morbo on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would be up for doing a bit of Eye of the North preview action. Maybe we could make a temporary PAX guild to make it easier to hook up.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    i doubt ill be playing GWEN enough for that to be worth it.

atray on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    atray wrote: »
    i doubt ill be playing GWEN enough for that to be worth it.

As much as I hate to admit it, that prolly goes for me as well. Besides, who knows how inebreated I'll be by noon Saturday. :D

Newscaster Morbo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Anybody playing GW from the forums?

Thread's dead, baby.

Thread's dead.

KaitouAyashi on
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Is it normal to hear Bruce Willis's voice while reading that post?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2007
    It's the only way to read that post. :D

KaitouAyashi on
This discussion has been closed.