As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jordyn's JLU Thread (PODCAST #2 Page 38)

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Check out the picture of GL, Superman and Wonderwoman responding to the American sub being attacked by Aquaman in Jordyn's latest episode review post. Why is Superman wearing a mask? He can travel through space no problem without oxygen yet underwater he suddenly gets worried about water going up his nose? Wtf yo?

Other than that good review.

Caveman Paws on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Like I mentioned in CoH I've been watching the DCAU from start to whenever, since I missed most/all of it between Batman TAS and JLU. Finished Batman TAS and into Superman TAS now.

Anyways, I am constantly wondering about whatever shooting instructors are getting hired in the DCAU, considering the bad guys always, always shoot at the hero's feet. They'll aim straight at their chests, and lower it to their feet when they start shooting. Do they hate Batman's boots so much?

And yea, I've noticed Superman wearing a mask when in space or underwater in every other episodes, even though I was almost certain he didn't need to breathe.

Scooter on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Like I mentioned in CoH I've been watching the DCAU from start to whenever, since I missed most/all of it between Batman TAS and JLU. Finished Batman TAS and into Superman TAS now.

Anyways, I am constantly wondering about whatever shooting instructors are getting hired in the DCAU, considering the bad guys always, always shoot at the hero's feet. They'll aim straight at their chests, and lower it to their feet when they start shooting. Do they hate Batman's boots so much?

And yea, I've noticed Superman wearing a mask when in space or underwater in every other episodes, even though I was almost certain he didn't need to breathe.

Whatever you do, end the whole DCAU by watching "Epilogue".

It's perfect.

Sars_Boy on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

It's perfect.

Epilogue is the Batman Beyond Episode right?
    If so, that one was awesome.

Kyougu on
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2006
    Paul Dini's Batman comics will be drawn by Jesus.

Sometimes on earth he goes by JH Williams III.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    hughtron wrote:

There is only one down-side to this. No JHIII on Desolation Jones.

:(

Sars_Boy on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    WHAT THE HELL.

Like many of you I'm waiting very desperately for Supermans new DCAU movie that comes out in a couple of months. A guy on AICN somehow has seen it already and he brings tidings of bad news.

Voices -
    Lex Luthor - Powers Boothe
    Brainica - Lance Henriksen

why are Clancy Brown (luthor) and Corey Burton (brainica) not in this movie? what the hell happened!?

The only cool part is Tim Daly is doing Supe's voice again. But god damn this is making me sooo sad -
    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23450

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, we talked about that earlier.

This really isn't Timm making it. At all. He's not even a producer.

It's written by someone who writes for The Batman (and has had nothing to do with the Timm/Dini-verse).

So really, don't expect it to be all that much like the rest of the DCAU.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    hughtron wrote:

I would gladly have sex with JH Williams III's Batman.

In fact, I would pay.

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    hughtron wrote:

Also Seven Soldiers #1 continues to not be in my hands.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    hughtron wrote:

I thought Rags Morales was going to be the artist.

Lux on
    edited May 2006
    Lux wrote:
    hughtron wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    hughtron wrote:

I thought Rags Morales was going to be the artist.
    That's not funny.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
    edited May 2006
    So, a question for you dudes...

There was some talk in the CoH chat the other night about my episode things, and someone suggested I make like..a sort of podcast thing of me commenting on a episode while I watch it. Then you could listen to me while you watch the episode, and I would say insightful stuff like "what's up with that dude's hat?"

Is there any interest in this besides the like...4 people in the chat who were offering me naked pictures for doing it?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

There was some talk in the CoH chat the other night about my episode things, and someone suggested I make like..a sort of podcast thing of me commenting on a episode while I watch it. Then you could listen to me while you watch the episode, and I would say insightful stuff like "what's up with that dude's hat?"

Is there any interest in this besides the like...4 people in the chat who were offering me naked pictures for doing it?

As long as if it's not this bad.

That video is like some nerds trying to be "I'm-the-juggernaut-bitch" but failing several times over and not realizing it.[/url]

Lux on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2006
    Fuck you for linking to that, Lux.

Their second biggest problem was that they couldn't go a second without making noise.

Their biggest problem was they weren't funny.

Garlic Bread on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2006
    I'd like to know what's up with that dude's hat.

DMAC on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Yeah, we talked about that earlier.

This really isn't Timm making it. At all. He's not even a producer.

It's written by someone who writes for The Batman (and has had nothing to do with the Timm/Dini-verse).

So really, don't expect it to be all that much like the rest of the DCAU.

Are you shitting me?! I had assumed this was the final timm/dini DCAU production. I am sooooooooooooo dissapointed now.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited May 2006
    Lux wrote:

That video is like some nerds trying to be "I'm-the-juggernaut-bitch" but failing several times over and not realizing it.

It's so bad I want to demand that they remove it.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I would listen to the commentary, if only for the slim chance that somewhere down the road, you start to recreate episodes with handpuppets, marionnettes, and plush dolls. That, I would pay to watch

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I would like this very much.

I find your writing to be funny, funny like comedy.

Bucketman on
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Lux wrote:

That video is like some nerds trying to be "I'm-the-juggernaut-bitch" but failing several times over and not realizing it.

It's so bad I want to demand that they remove it.

They must have decided that they're such a hit that another video was necessary

Lux on
    edited May 2006
    LUX I CAN'T WRITE EPISODE REVIEWS IF I'M JUST CRYING ALL THE TIME.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    C'mon, Jordyn.

If Morressy could write horribly depressing tunes while crying, you can review episodes of Batman and Justice League.

Just make sure that if you spill some drops of grape soda on the paper, you call them "tears".

Tach on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Lux wrote:

That video is like some nerds trying to be "I'm-the-juggernaut-bitch" but failing several times over and not realizing it.[/url]

I hate you for linking that.

That video made "I'm-the-juggernaut-bitch" look like fucking Shakespeare.

It also made me want to stab myself in the ear so I couldn't hear it anymore.

CyberJackal on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Scooter wrote:

It's perfect.

I just wanted to announce that I've finished watching BB, and did follow it up with Epilogue. I did like it a lot more now that I know what it's talking about.

The best part, though, was when he swoops by the two cop flyers and they go 'What was that?' - exactly how the first episode of the DCAU/Batman started. I woulda never gotten that reference without watching through all this stuff again.

Scooter on
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

I don't know this Jordyn, I don't know what they're all about.

im pretty new to these forums but id probably at least try out one podcast-type thing. if it doesnt work id be honest about it.
    i have run out of my episodes of mst3k, ricky gervais is on another vacation and im afraid ive almost run out of internet to look at; im pretty open to anything JL related.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Hmmm... you know, I've been wondering something, and now seems as good of a time as any to ask.

As I understand it, the Justice League was supposed to feature the original Justice Society in "Legends", but ended up replacing them with analogues. Does anyone know the reason for this? Am I even right about it?

It's just something that's been bugging me.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
    edited June 2006
    Charmy wrote:
    Hmmm... you know, I've been wondering something, and now seems as good of a time as any to ask.

As I understand it, the Justice League was supposed to feature the original Justice Society in "Legends", but ended up replacing them with analogues. Does anyone know the reason for this? Am I even right about it?

They used analogues so it wouldn't be confusing if JSA guys showed up in later episodes.

Like Wildcat and Black Canary.

Garlic Bread on
    edited June 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Charmy wrote:

They used analogues so it wouldn't be confusing if JSA guys showed up in later episodes.

Wikipedia says DC denied them the rights to use the JSA characters, because it clashed with their current JSA comic.

Lux on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I rented the first BTAS dvds from Netflix. Two funny things:

1. Harvey Dent looks like Luthor, but with hair and a thinner head.

2. Batman makes a joke at the end of every episode.

robosagogo on
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Charmy wrote:

Mister Terrific
    Stargirl and STRIPE
    Starman
    Atom Smasher
    Doctor Fate
    Captain Marvel

Technically, Hawkgirl and Hawkman are JSA too, but they don't seem to mind that. I guess Carter Hall is just that bad-ass. Although to be fair, Hawkgirl is technically the Silver Age one, not the modern one.

So, is there any chance of CN re-running the last season again? I missed everything after the one with the Bitch Brawl. I guess I could torrent them, but I'm too retarded to figure out how that shit works, so I'm relying on good old reruns to do the job for me. Any word on if they are going to re-run the series? I really don't want to wait a year and a half for the goddamn DVD set to come out.

Pkmoutl on
  • HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    all the episodes from the last season are on you tube.

at least the important ones covering the major plot are.

HoA-player on
    edited June 2006
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Charmy wrote:

Mister Terrific
    Stargirl and STRIPE
    Starman
    Atom Smasher
    Doctor Fate
    Captain Marvel

Technically, Hawkgirl and Hawkman are JSA too, but they don't seem to mind that. I guess Carter Hall is just that bad-ass. Although to be fair, Hawkgirl is technically the Silver Age one, not the modern one.

I was talking more about the ones they made analogues to in the episode, not the actually JSAers that showed up later.

Garlic Bread on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    They might be showing reruns on Boomerang. I know that they did or will do a DCAU marathon on the channel, and I think that means that they're the channel that gets to show old episodes.

robosagogo on
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Tach wrote:
    C'mon, Jordyn.

If Morressy could write horribly depressing tunes while crying, you can review episodes of Batman and Justice League.

Just make sure that if you spill some drops of grape soda on the paper, you call them "tears".

whats so depressing about "You're the one for me, fatty?"

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • TankTank Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Man, it's good to be back. My computer died on me for a while. I spent the last 2 or 3 months saving up for a new one. No WOW, no You-Tube, and no PA forums.

I wonder if this Superman: Brainac Attacks movie is gonna be any good.

BTW, nice job on the new thread Jordyn.

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Charmy wrote:

Mister Terrific
    Stargirl and STRIPE
    Starman
    Atom Smasher
    Doctor Fate
    Captain Marvel

I was talking more about the ones they made analogues to in the episode, not the actually JSAers that showed up later.
    IIR it's because the WB guys thought the end was to dark, and it would mean killing a bunch of characters on the show, so they decided to make new character who where homages to the JSA.

Snake Gandhi on
  • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Braniac Attacks is on right now, musical score sucks, and luthors voice is all wrong

Niceguyeddie616 on
    edited June 2006
    Luthor's voice is now Grodd's voice, and that is so totally weird.

I had to work tonight, but Fram taped it for me, so I'll watch it in the morning.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • MartmanMartman Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I saw a little bit and it seemed really cheesy.

Martman on
    TheFishF wrote:
    dude you going to answer my question or just say words that make no sence :?
    My Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 051-600-286-877