As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Extra Credits s3 ep14 - Zombies

RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazedby the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
edited October 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
pa_hero_extracredits14season3.png

8406wWN.png
Rankenphile on

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm getting so, so tired of zombies. There's just too many of them around these days.

Personally, the reason I think zombies are scary is because they're mindless. You cannot talk with them or reason with them. One can have a conversation with demons and vampires and whatnot, which means it's possible (even though unlikely) that they can be persuaded not to do to you whatever it is they want to do to you. This rather diminishes their threat.

Not so with zombies. They just keep coming.

Also, sweet Vyse costume.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I prefer the Ico one. Although I recently finished playing Ico, so it's fresher in my memory.

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    They missed the fact that zombies have ass-simple AI to code.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Neat episode, seems like the sorta thing that just got chit-chatted about for the most part.

They pretty much hit the nail on the head for while I like zombies in video games - if it's a single zombie, it's tough as shit, and if it's a hoard, I get to wreck a ton of shit.

Also I never considered the point brought up about zombie horror films. Survival instead of overcoming. Makes sense.

yay Extra Credits~

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Zombies not being affiliated with any belief or nation helps to make them easy to kill fodder, too (disclaimer: I never got up to that section of RE5).

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Zombies not being affiliated with any belief or nation helps to make them easy to kill fodder, too (disclaimer: I never got up to that section of RE5).

Zombies are quite closely related to Voodoo. So I wouldn't say they're not affiliated with any belief. Although the current zombies are pretty far removed from their original source, so... I don't know where I'm going with this.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Exactly, how many people (either fans or creators of zombie media) do you reckon actually consider those origins today?

• Options
    KateForteKateForte Registered User new member
    I know it's a really tiny thing but I'm LOVING the fact that you mentioned Samhain in the closing section :) Oíche Shamhaine ab ea é! Oíche Samhna shona gach duine :D

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    one thing I love about the let 4 dead games is that they balance the seemingly opposed feelings of being a killing machine and being utterly doomed very nicely

sure, you're killing shitloads of zombies, but the whole time they're also slowly killing you

though I suppose playing either the easiest or hardest settings makes it a bit more exclusive to one or the other

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    heh, I just last night watched a pretty great french zombie movie with a very dumb ending (La Horde). Over all a decent experience, and i'd still recommend it.

and yeah, while it's fun to kill hordes of zombies in games, there's way too many zombie games out there now.

jnij103vqi2i.png