As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Speakers!

WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
Anyone have any suggestions on a good set of desktop speakers around the ~$100.00 range? I live on the second floor and space is a premium so I can't get speakers with a separate sub woofer. I need an all-in one solution with some good quality sound, so any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Wavechaser on

• WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    Well, I wanted to delete this new thread and put it under the sticky, but it doesn't seem to want to let me. Sorry all for making a new thread for this.

• AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    I got these at Best Buy and have had no regrets. Sounds great with everything, from gaming to just listening to music.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Aeyther wrote:
    I got these at Best Buy and have had no regrets. Sounds great with everything, from gaming to just listening to music.
    Wavechaser wrote:
    Anyone have any suggestions on a good set of desktop speakers around the ~$100.00 range? I live on the second floor and space is a premium so I can't get speakers with a separate sub woofer. I need an all-in one solution with some good quality sound, so any suggestions would be much appreciated!

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited November 2011
    maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    The existence of a subwoofer isn't automatic neighbor annoyer. You're basically missing an entire range of sounds without one.

Skoal Cat wrote:
    The existence of a subwoofer isn't automatic neighbor annoyer. You're basically missing an entire range of sounds without one.

Sounds to me like it might be more a matter of not having enough desk space.

I know that's why I don't use external speakers. I'd personally love to get a set of the Creature Speakers, myself.

FU7kFbw.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Subs don't need to go on a desk.

Audiophiles will give you directions for finding the perfect spot to place them, but if you're just playing games and listening to mp3s on your computer you can put your sub anywhere it will fit. There are a lot of options available for placement that can still give you decent bass but minimize the effect you have on your roommates/neighbors (one of them is a simple volume knob).

If desk space is giving you issues, depending on your situation you could also think about wall mounting your speakers.

SmokeStacks on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    BOSE are over priced. Honestly, they make good mid-range gear, but price it at the upper end of the scale.

• WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    There's a jbl pair for $50. Jbl are usually decent. http://store.apple.com/us/product/TB998LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0MA&s=topSellers

Although maybe don't get from apple store since it says 1-2 months to ship

Wezoin on