As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halloween! Last Minute Costume Ideas Go!

1323334353638»

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    wow I didn't know 99 problems quoted shakespeare, that is crazy

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So while handing out candy last night an incident occurred.

The door-bell rang and I went to it. I opened to some children and a woman. They all said trick or treat but the woman added, "Hey!"

"Hello?"
    "Come on! It's me!"
    "Yeah, I don't know who you are..."
    "Nora, we hungout and played as children!"
    "I have no memory of this."
    "But we were friends!"
    "I'll have to take your word on it."
    "Oh..."
    "Yeah, this is awkward."

A beat of silence went by and I slowly closed the door.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    that must of been real awkward for those kids

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    you know what isn't awkward

I have finally got my hands on some mellocreme pumpkins

this is delicious

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    what is a mellocreme pumpkin

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    for shame, brother

I know you've eaten them before

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote:
    Just finished this Halloween story.
    P1n2.jpg
    P3-1.jpg
    P4n5.jpg
    P6-1.jpg
    P7.jpg
    P8.jpg
    P9n10.jpg
    P11.jpg
    P12-1.jpg
    P13.jpg
    P14b.jpg
    P15.jpg
    P16.jpg
    P17.jpg

oh wow i thought it was halloween not christmas

This is incredible

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    for shame, brother

I know you've eaten them before

the twins grew further apart
    :o

nevillexmassig1.png
    in the end, the inseparable duo were split by candy

oh, the bitter irony of sweetness

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I really wish I owned a camera. I have no pictures of myself in my costumes, while many random strangers who saw me on the street do.

Verdict: my costumes were pretty cool, but I did not enjoy the festivities much. Time to gear up for Day of the Dead now.

I am genuinely curious if you guys have ever done any DoD ceremonies where you live/d?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Sometimes I wish I was Mexican so I could go nuts on Day of the Dead

Though a (non-Mexican) friend of mine went as one of those calacas for Halloween and it was seriously one of the best costumes I've seen this year or for the past several

• nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    muse it is a shame nobody will see your naked devil costume
    cat burglar was good though

and I doubt anyone within 100 miles of me is doing anything for the day of the dead although it always seemed like an interesting holiday

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    My parents still remember the Day of the Dead ceremonies in Mexico. Family that still lives there report that DotD has absorbed Halloween elements (which my family did not celebrate till they got to the US); getting into costume and trick-or-treating has become popular, particularly in the cities.

Our community started organizing DotD festivals (though they dont fall on the right dates exactly) and has expanded a little bit too. I remember one year my sister and I helped out in the community center, making flower decorations.

Nice holiday, I'm glad to see it expand.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Mostly I just wind up listening to a lot of the Grim Fandango soundtrack

Grey Ghost on
    natek wrote:
    muse it is a shame nobody will see your naked devil costume
    cat burglar was good though

I loved the red devil costume (I wasn't naked you dolts!). I can't think of when I will be able to wear it next though, other then next Halloween :(

• nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    christmas, wear it during christmas and fight someone dressed as santa

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Here is a pic of me and my best friend at a costume party from Halloween:
    386162_948157658506_121508098_45228935_1263424430_n.jpg

He went as the scout from TF2. It was great, he had a bat and everything.

I went as Kurt Cobain

I achieved this look by dressing like I did not give a fuck, having blood come out of one ear, and attaching a shot glass to the other side of my head

When people asked about the glass I would say "Oh, I took a shot to the head."

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    They had Dia de los Muertos stuff last night here but for the most part it was drinking and setting off fireworks in a windstorm

• SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    halloween is being co opted by the pun community and I will not stand for it

DKFA7.gif
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I, on the other hand, am totally a fan.

Although a friend of mine didn't realize that I was dressed as a pun until Sunday.

She just thought I had a guitar, for no reason.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    SoaL wrote:
    halloween is being co opted by the pun community and I will not stand for it
    I handed out with my freind toothbrushes disguised as candy bags

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Going through my sparse candy haul (including some stuff my nieces didn't want) I found a funsize Lifesavers thing. It wasn't called that, but you know what I'm talking about.

This was one. Single. Piece. I wish I was kidding.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Good morning Halloween thread! You may have noticed my conspicuous absence for the week or so following my favorite holiday ever, and I would like to explain.

As many of you know, I live in Connecticut, and we just got our shit kicked in by a massive snowstorm. I still do not have power. But this story gets better, you see, because upon the grand bacchanalia we call Halloween, I was preparing for a party at my college, even though I graduated last year.

Instead of that party though, I got an adventure. Our power went out mid prep, so we switched to me and some bros telling scary stories and I put my makeup on with a flashlight. About a bottle and a half of wine in me later, we got evacuated. Which meant I got to spend my Halloween as a drunken warlord of the student union.

A close friend and I took control of large sections of our temporary refugee camp, providing the best we could for our would have been party guests. We made trips of varying legality through blinding snowstorms to secure important things, like medication, blankets, and alcohol. The next day we broke into a room with a projector to play ten foot tall Arkham City on two hours of sleep.

Needless to say, it was a whole hell of a lot of fun.

I have since become angry at Winter Storm Alfred for ruining Halloween and all, but at the time it was still highly enjoyable. I will obtain pictures once I am on a real computer/have electricity.

You're a graduate now, Straightzi? What are you doing for work then?
    Also cool stories.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I just started work at the local newspaper doing wholly unexciting things this week, before that I was up doing customer service for LEGO

Customer Service for Lego...

"No, sir, that piece is not designed for... that..." :|

nevillexmassig1.png
  • chirpiechirpie Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Man, one of these days, I'll come up with a character and costume that matches me. Instead, I'll have to live vicariously through my daughter who I keep dressing up as Street Fighter characters year after year.

Shoes and wig from relatives in China, red shirt from the Children's Place, and I had to pay someone to sew the rest...

celes-sakura-1.jpg

celes-sakura-6.jpg

celes-sakura-9.jpg

chirpie on
  • chirpiechirpie Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote:
    I have since become angry at Winter Storm Alfred for ruining Halloween and all, but at the time it was still highly enjoyable. I will obtain pictures once I am on a real computer/have electricity.

That makes me nostalgic for events that never actually happened to me. ^_^;