As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where we eat: favorite restaurants

SliderSlider Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Social Entropy++
food.jpg

I live in Western Washington and I love food. More specifically, I love GOOD food.

This thread is for those of us who want to share and talk about our favorite restaurants.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Latin American - Guanaco's Tacos Pupuseria, Capitol Hill, Seattle, WA.
Burgers - Pick-Quick Drive In, Fife, WA. / Dick's Drive-In, Seattle, WA. / King's Hardware, Ballard, WA.
Steak - El Gaucho, Belltown, Seattle, WA.

Slider on

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Uh...I guess I like the Broadway Cafe out here. it has good soup. Oh, Genos Chicago Pizza. and Northwoods is a good place for country style cooking

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh great, now I want an After School Special.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What do you think of panda express guys!

• Options
    its passable if I'm in a hurry, but theres so many places that do chinease better out here.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I have a joke.

Why did the hipster burn himself?
    He drank his coffee before it was cool.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I am laughing at that and stealing it Blake T.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I'd say your mom's house

but you're just too terrible slider

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    we have an italian place here called Nonna's that I really like, and a sushi place called Kai that has some nifty web design on their site and some fucking bomb-ass sushi. plus they play a lot of radiohead and stuff

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Awesome fine-dining restaurant: Cocos, South Perth, Western Australia.
    Fantastic Indian food: Jewel of the Park, Victoria Park, Western Australia.
    Chinese restaurant that is amazing: Yummy House, Victoria Park, Western Australia.
    French Restaurant that is outstanding: The Loose Box, Mundaring, Western Australia. (winner of multiple awards)
    Best Pizzas in the southern hemisphere (not even kidding): Little Caesars, Mundaring, Western Australia. (Theo Kalogeracos is a world-renowned pizza chef)
    Excellent fish and chip shop: Mermaids, South Perth, Western Australia.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Cookie in Melbourne has the best Thai food.

Also an amazing beer menu.

broken image link
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I eat at this place called Jack in the Box sometimes.

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    There is this little hole of a thai grocery/restaurant near my house that is totally banging.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    I just remembered a place I went to a few weeks ago. It had an awesome late night happy hour.

McCormick & Schmick's, Downtown, Seattle, WA.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Dough Co calzones, nothing better at 2 AM when you're stoned off your ass.

Siena Cafe, for that delicious hangover TexMex Breakfast at any hour. Breakfast all day, fuck yeah.

Voodoo Doughnuts, I only ever get them on tuesdays (coffee shop near my first class on Tuesday has them), or when I'm out near downtown (it is full of juggalos so I do not usually like to go there). So delicious.

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The grocery part of that Thai restaurant I mentioned is weird as shit. I mean they have normal stuff like 20lb bags of rice and crazy asian carrot soda and whatever

But against the back wall they have two chest style freezers - which are completely and totally without organization - and they are filled top to bottom with random frozen food items with (presumably) thai writing all over it.

I found a package of some kind of frozen giant bugs. Like huge fucking cockroaches or something - I don't even know what they were. Like six of them lined up in this packaging like you would find chicken breasts in the supermarket.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    there's a great bar down the street called michael's

they've got a tuesday special with a ribeye steak, baked potato, greek salad, and some garlic bread

when I get the chance to have it, it's the only meal I need that day

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    The grocery part of that Thai restaurant I mentioned is weird as shit. I mean they have normal stuff like 20lb bags of rice and crazy asian carrot soda and whatever

But against the back wall they have two chest style freezers - which are completely and totally without organization - and they are filled top to bottom with random frozen food items with (presumably) thai writing all over it.

I found a package of some kind of frozen giant bugs. Like huge fucking cockroaches or something - I don't even know what they were. Like six of them lined up in this packaging like you would find chicken breasts in the supermarket.

Well?

How'd they taste?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    The local 24 hour (on weekends) breakfast joint here closed a month or two ago. Now the only place to get breakfast at 2 am here is IHOP, and that's lame.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Chinese restaurant that is amazing: Yummy House, Victoria Park, Western Australia.
    French Restaurant that is outstanding: The Loose Box, Mundaring, Western Australia. (winner of multiple awards)
    Best Pizzas in the southern hemisphere (not even kidding): Little Caesars, Mundaring, Western Australia. (Theo Kalogeracos is a world-renowned pizza chef)

Nice choices, I can think of a couple of alternatives:
    Indian: Maharaja, Claremont, Western Australia
    Fine dining: Rockpool, Burswood, Western Australia or Fraser's, Kings Park, Western Australia
    French: Bistro Felix, Subiaco, Western Australia
    Fish and chips: Swish n Chips, Mt Lawley, Western Australia

New entrants:
    Thai: The King and I, Guildford, WA
    Vietnamese: Van's, Northbridge, WA
    Pub Meal: The Herdsman, Herdsman, WA or The Queens, Mt Lawley, WA

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Yoyogi is really decent for its price on Swanston Street. Under 10 bucks for good stuffs.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Monsoon Poon.

Yes, that is actually it's name.
    It's an fairly awesome Asian Fusion Restaurant/Bar thing. No bookings, so you can rock up any night of the week, and while you wait you can have some of their insanely awesome cocktails at the bar.
    Once you're seated, you'll probably be able to see and watch you food being prepared - the kitchen is kinda open plan, and they have strategically-placed angled mirrors above the work bench, so you can see them garnish and spice your meals. The food is good, the service above average and the prices completely reasonable.
    I absolutely love it.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If you're ever in San Diego and get a hankerin' for the world's best breakfast burrito:

Mexican - Kotija Jr., Encinitas, San Diego, CA.

Slider on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Gyros Delight, Lynnwood WA. (Greek Fastfood)
    Mia Roma, Kenmore, WA (great pizzia)

Two I like to go to every so often.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular

Siena Cafe, for that delicious hangover TexMex Breakfast at any hour. Breakfast all day, fuck yeah.

Voodoo Doughnuts, I only ever get them on tuesdays (coffee shop near my first class on Tuesday has them), or when I'm out near downtown (it is full of juggalos so I do not usually like to go there). So delicious.

Dough Co is okay but more than once I've gotten a calzone from them that was way undercooked. Like, unmelted cheese and shit. Still, for late night grub there's not much else that's good.

Voodoo doughnuts is amazing but their store only takes cash and I never have cash on me when I go there. I really want to grab some from the fishbowl but I'm never on campus early enough on tuesdays to get any :(

in Eugene I really dig Laughing Planet even though it's a hippie hangout. The food is really good and they do a lot of different ethnic food but manage to get it all right.

Also Sweet Life Patisserie is the best fucking place for deserts in the world oh my god it is so fucking goooooooooood

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote:
    Monsoon Poon.

Yes, that is actually it's name.
    It's an fairly awesome Asian Fusion Restaurant/Bar thing. No bookings, so you can rock up any night of the week, and while you wait you can have some of their insanely awesome cocktails at the bar.
    Once you're seated, you'll probably be able to see and watch you food being prepared - the kitchen is kinda open plan, and they have strategically-placed angled mirrors above the work bench, so you can see them garnish and spice your meals. The food is good, the service above average and the prices completely reasonable.
    I absolutely love it.

Fuck yes, they've got one of these in Auckland, I went when I was over there for the World Cup. Fucking awesome

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Gyros Delight, Lynnwood WA. (Greek Fastfood)
    Mia Roma, Kenmore, WA (great pizzia)

Two I like to go to every so often.

Oh hey i went to Mia Roma once for a company Xmas party.

I think I remember the food being good. I got drunk on the company dime.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    My family used to go there for gettogethers.

The place has some nice atmosphere.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Riale wrote:

Dough Co is okay but more than once I've gotten a calzone from them that was way undercooked. Like, unmelted cheese and shit. Still, for late night grub there's not much else that's good.

Voodoo doughnuts is amazing but their store only takes cash and I never have cash on me when I go there. I really want to grab some from the fishbowl but I'm never on campus early enough on tuesdays to get any :(

in Eugene I really dig Laughing Planet even though it's a hippie hangout. The food is really good and they do a lot of different ethnic food but manage to get it all right.

Also Sweet Life Patisserie is the best fucking place for deserts in the world oh my god it is so fucking goooooooooood

sup UO buddy. The only reason I ever have time to grab the doughnuts on tuesday is because I have billiards as my first class, so I just sit in The Break and drink coffee and eat doughnuts and play pool.

I still haven't checked out a load of restaurants here yet, what with the stupid meal-plan because I live on campus. Getting so tired of that food at this point, though.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    24 hour breakfast places are my absolute favorite places to eat. Doubly so if they have pancakes and/or waffles, which most do.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Riale wrote:

sup UO buddy. The only reason I ever have time to grab the doughnuts on tuesday is because I have billiards as my first class, so I just sit in The Break and drink coffee and eat doughnuts and play pool.

I still haven't checked out a load of restaurants here yet, what with the stupid meal-plan because I live on campus. Getting so tired of that food at this point, though.

Oh yeah, that would make it pretty hard. I don't go out to eat often because of budget constraints but there's definitely good eats in Eugene. Seriously though, it's really far from campus but you need to see Sweet Life at least once. It is one of the best goddamn dessert shops I've ever been to. That sounds like an awesome first class, by the way. Super jealous.

EDIT: Also, Yes to marth. Breakfast is the best meal at any time of day.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    I want to say I saw them with a booth during the Saturday Market one week, but I can't recall.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    A small, tiny Italian style eatery where everything is made from basic ingredients and is owned an run by an enthusiast. I no longer have the patience for bullshit short cuts and reheated nonsense food.

Honestly, I'm too poor and too good of a cook to eat at restaurants. Maybe once a month I will sit down at a place and order some food. I'd rather spend my meagre pay on good ingredients.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    We have one thai place and I've never been, were trying it this weekend. I'm excited because I love thai food

• Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    I have a joke.

Why did the hipster burn himself?
    He drank his coffee before it was cool.

bahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I need to find some good restaurants
    there are only a few places I know I will go back to and they are all in minneapolis
    the 5-8 club, brit's, this other place that I can't remember but it has board games (and the games are the only reason I would go back)

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote:

Nice choices, I can think of a couple of alternatives:
    Indian: Maharaja, Claremont, Western Australia
    Fine dining: Rockpool, Burswood, Western Australia or Fraser's, Kings Park, Western Australia
    French: Bistro Felix, Subiaco, Western Australia
    Fish and chips: Swish n Chips, Mt Lawley, Western Australia

New entrants:
    Thai: The King and I, Guildford, WA
    Vietnamese: Van's, Northbridge, WA
    Pub Meal: The Herdsman, Herdsman, WA or The Queens, Mt Lawley, WA

Fraser's is nice, but it costs a billion dollars.

• Options
    Frasers isn't that bad, rock pool is worse.

Rock pool isn't really worth the money in my opinion. The food is nice but the service is pretty average.

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    The best meal I ever had was at Local 127 in Cincinnati. It's Cincinnati's only redeeming quality. If you're ever forced at gunpoint to go to that butthole city, eat at Local 127.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Marth wrote: »
    24 hour breakfast places are my absolute favorite places to eat. Doubly so if they have pancakes and/or waffles, which most do.

We're going to Waffle House after your 21st birthday party.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The Keg's sirloin oscar (grilled top sirloin topped with shrimp, scallops, asparagus and béarnaise sauce) is something I would eat every day if I could afford it. And also if it wouldn't slowly kill me.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'll be back but my favorite place for Tacos is Taco Johns. @Jordyn knows whats up

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!