As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In an absolutely stunning twist, there's going to be a GTAV

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    zucchini wrote:
    gonna carpool the shit out of the highways in this game

Finally, everyone can experience the 405.

jkZziGc.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    You wanna see traffic, try getting from Virginia to DC. My brother lives in Woodbridge. That shit is bananas.

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Just loaded up some GTA San Andreas. Gonna see what the games like now, a full 5 years after I stopped playing it.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote:
    You wanna see traffic, try getting from Virginia to DC. My brother lives in Woodbridge. That shit is bananas.

Not nearly as bad as LA.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I've never witnessed LA in person. Furthest west I've ever gone is Missouri.

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    LA traffic is king.

jkZziGc.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So people are still assuming it's Los Santos only?

I thought Mount Chilead was shown pretty clearly in the trailer - that's San Fierro's Badlands.

Unless they dare change that solid unchangeable fact.

Oh brilliant
    Oh god the graphics in San Andreas are horrid. Even by 2004 standards.

Soundtrack's really good though.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I have decided to play GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, 4, Lost & Damned, and Gay Tony again

I had to dig out a shitty 15 inch TV to do it, because PS2 games on nice HD TVs are blurry nightmares

6F32U1X.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    You know how there's always that one thing that keeps you corralled in one part of the city during the early parts of a GTA game? In III it was the blown-up bridge, in VC it was a hurricane warning, in SA it was something I don't remember and in IV it was a terror threat.

I think in GTAV it should be that the highway is clogged solid with immobile car models.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    i want a chance to drive my car right through a 99% protest, crushing drum circles and sweat monsters with v for vendetta masks

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote:
    You know how there's always that one thing that keeps you corralled in one part of the city during the early parts of a GTA game? In III it was the blown-up bridge, in VC it was a hurricane warning, in SA it was something I don't remember and in IV it was a terror threat.

I think in GTAV it should be that the highway is clogged solid with immobile car models.

I think it was an earthquake in SA

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote:
    I have decided to play GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, 4, Lost & Damned, and Gay Tony again

I had to dig out a shitty 15 inch TV to do it, because PS2 games on nice HD TVs are blurry nightmares

If you're one of these hip young PC gamers I hear so much about, they're bundled on Steam for a very small portion of your money.

Only thing is? The default controls seem to declare themselves an independant state from my gamepad.

To explain that tortured analogy, I'm saying the default controls on a gamepad are fucked.

Oh brilliant
  • DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    RE: Earthquake

Correct.

Durkhanus on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    They were selling every GTA game just a week or two ago for dirt cheap. Like $10 or less I think.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
    TankHammer wrote:

CARMAGEDDON

6F32U1X.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote:

Officer Tenpenny had you quarantined to Los Santos. If you tried to skip town you'd immediately get a 6-star wanted rating.

sig.gif
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Haha, I'd forgotten about that.

I believe I stole a plane and tried (and failed) to make a run for it.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Just realised that I would love Falling Down to be referenced in this in some way. Because I love that film.

forumsig.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:
    Oh god the graphics in San Andreas are horrid. Even by 2004 standards.

Yeeah. I tried to play it recently, too, and...

• SASA Registered User regular
    Should I get Chinatown Wars for my iPhone?

WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It's supposed to be really good, at least the DS version is. Got a whole lot of good press. Don't know about the iPhone version, but I'm gonna go with a tentative yes, but probably try to get the DS version if that's an option to you?

sig.gif
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I loved the DS version. I remember getting it through the post in the morning, sticking it straight into my DS, then suddenly it was getting dark outside and I realised I was very hungry.

forumsig.png
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    The forklift made me chuckle.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    See, I don't know if the graphics were that bad.

I mean every think looks clear enough, it was just cut scenes when it didn't look that flash.

Did you guys know

San Andreas is the best game

6F32U1X.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote:
    Did you guys know

haha nope

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Mr. G wrote:
    Did you guys know

That's a real odd way to spell GTA IV.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say any of the games are the best

They all each have unique qualities that make them fun and a joy to play

That said, I personally like GTA 4

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The best GTA game is Red Dead Redemption

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:

yes

Vice City is second best

then San Andreas

then Gay Tony

then GTA3

then GTA4/Lost and Damned

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    RDR all the way. Now gimme a sequel that starts with Jack in the middle of the Spanish Civil War and then spends the rest of the game roaming around pre-war Europe

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    I want the next periodical GTAesque game from Rockstar, if there will ever be one again, to be set in Victorian times

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Isn't that only a couple decades behind RDR?

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • SASA Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:

yes

Vice City is second best

then San Andreas

then Gay Tony

then GTA3

then GTA4/Lost and Damned

Ehhhh, the only thing going for Vice City is Ray Liotta and the soundtrack, the rest of it is pretty awful.

And GTA III is better than GTA4? Really? Come on.

WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
    edited November 2011
    GTA4 was a huge disappointment for me

like Oblivion after Morrowind, the gameplay mechanics mostly improved, but the world the game was set in was lacking. it felt empty and unfulfilled.

that's not to say I wanted Saints Row zaniness out of it, but I played GTA4 for the plot and the engaging characters. Once I got to the end, I stopped. The driving and shooting, the side missions and activities (other than going to a titty bar WIT YOR COUZIN), they just weren't rewarding on their own. With the previous GTA games, even after the plot was over, the game remained fun and engaging, flawed though their mechanics might have been.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    Hobnail wrote:
    Isn't that only a couple decades behind RDR?

I would be

completely fine

if they just took the gameplay and engine from RDR

changed the settings, recorded new voices and made a new plot

and just leave it at that

wY6K6Jb.gif