As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East: I contracted PAX Pox...

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    If I have the cash, maybe. Do hope I can, but scheduling and money.

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    i will not be in attendance

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    If I do go I don't know if I should buy a PAX pass

I wanted to do other stuff in Boston before I went to PAX East this year but ended up just being at the convention all weekend and it wasn't really fun

it was mostly lines

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    Considering it, but probably not this year. Maybe the next. Though that's what I said last year.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Oh hey PAX East. Yeah, I suppose I'll go. IF I MUST.

Also Goose should be disallowed from making a PAX East thread. It's just not proper.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    PAX East is one of the biggest joys in my life. Don't be a dick.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    A New Yorker does not get to waltz into this town and dictate terms. It's practically terrorism.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    But that's not what's happening. I am collecting a list of names from the comfort of my own home.

• Options
    Collecting a list? My god man. Have you no decency!?

• Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    mully wrote:
    Considering it, but probably not this year. Maybe the next. Though that's what I said last year.
    You should go! I will bring you a hug and we can be scarf pals.
    I'm most likely going, partially because last year I saw my ex there while I was hanging out with ANOTHER of her exes in the freeplay room and she ran away. It was a best moment.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    AIrline tickets and hotel booked, buying my 3-day pass this afternoon.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    budget's not lookin as good as i'd hoped. not sure if i'll make it this year :|

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I am a go, I think! Who wants to share a bed?

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    I just realized, Kurtz not being there also means no Blams Live and, for the third year, no Live D&D

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Hmmm....didn't go last year.

Went the first year.

I'll run it by the lady. She'll be in the death-throws of student teaching by then so I'm suuuuuuuure she'll have the time. Ahem.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

I wanted to do other stuff in Boston before I went to PAX East this year but ended up just being at the convention all weekend and it wasn't really fun

it was mostly lines
    The trick is to ignore the big games and play indie games to avoid all the lines. You might not play what you want but you'll defiently find something you like.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm skipping PAX East this year with the intention to go to PAX Prime. Nothing better get in the damn way. Tired of my plans falling apart.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Keith wrote:

it was mostly lines
    The trick is to ignore the big games and play indie games to avoid all the lines. You might not play what you want but you'll defiently find something you like.

No, even those had lines

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    sigh

• Options
    Dan you're not coming to East? You bastard.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    we'll miss ya dan

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar wrote:
    I'm skipping PAX East this year with the intention to go to PAX Prime. Nothing better get in the damn way. Tired of my plans falling apart.

YAY LARRY!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote:
    Hmmm....didn't go last year.

Went the first year.

I'll run it by the lady. She'll be in the death-throws of student teaching by then so I'm suuuuuuuure she'll have the time. Ahem.

Do what I'm doing, leave the lady behind to look after the dogs. If this doesn't apply, you have 4 months to get a dog.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The Geek wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

YAY LARRY!

Highest of fives, sir.

I left Bogey hanging last year. I feel really terrible about it.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Smart Hero wrote:
    sigh

Unacceptable. Someone start a 'Help the Gingers' fund.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Keith wrote:
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Keith wrote:

it was mostly lines

No, even those had lines

Just do what I do; show them your VIP pass so they skip you through the line.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I would pay for a VIP pass.

Or better yet, they could auction off VIP pass(es) for Child's Play. Doesn't have to be regular VIP, it could be its own thing that gets you to the front of lines or lets you backstage during the concerts or something.

Goose! on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    The Geek wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

YAY LARRY!

Highest of fives, sir.

It's OK, I totally made up for the lack of you.

I am PROBABLY going to be at PAX East, I've bought my 3-day pass but it will all depend on whether my visa extension comes through. Otherwise Canada is kicking me out (temporarily) two weeks beforehand.

As a result of the uncertainty I won't be booking a hotel in advance, so if anybody has a room with spots open, let me know! I should know for sure whether I'm coming by the end of the year.

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I've taken to not playing or seeing many games in the expo hall because of the lines. I'll wander around, look at things, watch stuff that's available for everyone, or do little activities.. like the LoL folks had you go around to diff points and then you got a shirt

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Ten wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

Oh snaaaaaaap!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    Assuming it happens again, whoever organizes the fancy dinner party should remember to invite Khoo, he mentioned he might be interested last year during the meetup.

• Options
    Yes, and they should probably give him some advance notice, too.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Probably going to try to make it, but it's all going to depend on finances.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    I have purchased tickets for this. Now to just figure out the hotel situation.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Ten wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    The Geek wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

YAY LARRY!

Highest of fives, sir.

I am PROBABLY going to be at PAX East, I've bought my 3-day pass but it will all depend on whether my visa extension comes through. Otherwise Canada is kicking me out (temporarily) two weeks beforehand.

As a result of the uncertainty I won't be booking a hotel in advance, so if anybody has a room with spots open, let me know! I should know for sure whether I'm coming by the end of the year.

I'll actually have a hotel room in the Sheraton this year because of AB going on simultaneously. That being said, my apt. will be completely unoccupied so depending on how much I can trust a forumer, I'm considering opening up my apt. for whoever needs a free place to stay.

• Options
    Ten wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    The Geek wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

YAY LARRY!

Highest of fives, sir.

I'll actually have a hotel room in the Sheraton this year because of AB going on simultaneously. That being said, my apt. will be completely unoccupied so depending on how much I can trust a forumer, I'm considering opening up my apt. for whoever needs a free place to stay.

I promise to put a towel down before I do my business

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    anytime Keith says a thing I can't help but look to his avatar to watch him run off

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    BEAST! wrote: »
    anytime Keith says a thing I can't help but look to his avatar to watch him run off

dcmx6.gif

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    lostwords wrote:
    I am a go, I think! Who wants to share a bed?

I will share a smoking suite with you!

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Maybe next year will be my year for PAX East. I'm on track to move up into a controller position next year and likely a good size pay bump to go with it.

BLM - ACAB