As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where we eat: favorite restaurants

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh, ok. Though I can't imagine why anyone would want A1, bbq sauce, and hot sauce on a burger. Ugh.

But I suspect they'd oblige you.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2011
    Protip: If you go to Five Guys, don't bother ordering the large fries if you want fries. Get the small and then they just fill up the bag with fries anyway.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    I don't even know what you mean by "black and red" topping choices, LTM.

fiveguys_menu.jpg

I like to get mayo, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled onions, ketchup, mustard, relish, and green peppers.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    neville wrote:
    Stale wrote:
    neville wrote:
    Stale wrote:

Where's your damn link to Richard Blais' places?!?!?!

because I haven't been to HD1 yet, Home went downhill, and Flip really isn't all that spectacular.

I want to go to HD1 a lot.
    That sucks about Home, but if he pulled out, then I'm not surprised.

I liked Flip a lot!
    The krispy kreme shake
    mmm

He actually left Home like a month after we went there. He's also basically just a consultant/director at Flip and hasn't been in the kitchen since its first 6 months, which I think shows.

Oh. Ugh. :\

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I was watching Man v. Food and he said that the Red Mill (http://www.yelp.com/biz/red-mill-burgers-seattle-3) makes the world's best hamburgers.

I wanted to write Adam Richman and tell him that I think the Pick-Quick Drive in (http://www.yelp.com/biz/pick-quick-drive-in-fife) actually makes better burgers, but it's very difficult to find his contact information.

C'est la vie.

Slider on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oh Pick-Quick Drive in Fife...

Oh....

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Adam Richman went to a few places around here. I've eaten at one of the places he went, which is wonderful, but I keep meaning to try the others he went to.

This weekend, maybe.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Projeck wrote:
    my favorite coffee shop, Gray Owl Coffee, turns 2 today

woo woo
    Oh hey I was there when I was down visiting a friend

it wasn't bad

the barista was cute

these are my memories

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Oh Pick-Quick Drive in Fife...

Oh....

Added some links for you.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Slider, I went to high school in Fife...

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Oh. I didn't know.

I took a wrong turn one day and discovered Pick Quick. I saw a huge crowd waiting to order and thought that must be a pretty good place.

• Options
    Slider wrote:
    Oh. I didn't know.

I took a wrong turn one day and discovered Pick Quick. I saw a huge crowd waiting to order and thought that must be a pretty good place.

It is a pretty good joint. It was just right next to my high school and my classmates worked there so I didn't go there a super amount.

But damn good burgers.

• Options
    I grew up and went to high school in Tumwater. We have Eagan's (http://www.yelp.com/biz/eagans-drive-in-and-espresso-tumwater).

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Who made reservations at The Girl & the Goat for her vacation?

Thiiis giiiirl

Well technically speaking

this girl's friiiiiiend

But still!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular

Thiiis giiiirl

this girl's friiiiiiend

But still!

What, how the hell? I tried looking yesterday and they were booked for every Thursday night for 8 weeks!

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Adam Richman went to a few places around here. I've eaten at one of the places he went, which is wonderful, but I keep meaning to try the others he went to.

This weekend, maybe.
    where do you guys live?

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options

Thiiis giiiirl

this girl's friiiiiiend

But still!

Oh man I'm jealous

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    I've watched a lot of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

He's been to Haus Murphy's (http://www.hausmurphys.com/) in Glendale, AZ. I went there with my family last year. It was pretty good...if you like German food.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    So uhhh Lost, if someone in your group can't go you should totally let me know. I'll do you a solid and show up in that person's spot
    please take me

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Slider wrote:
    I've watched a lot of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

He's been to Haus Murphy's (http://www.hausmurphys.com/) in Glendale, AZ. I went there with my family last year. It was pretty good...if you like German food.

Germans...

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Stellas in Bellevue, Nebraska. Best burger in a 500 mile radius, easily. Super juicy, topped high, served with jalapeno bacon or a fried egg if you wish and it costs around the same as a Five Guys burger, but it's so much better than Five Guys that I don't even go to Five Guys anymore.

Nettie's Mexican Food in Bellevue is fair in most respect but legendary in one: the chili. Too damned expensive, but their chili is the greatest chili ever crafted. It's just pork chunks in a super-hot sauce. That's it. It's actually hotter than the hot sauce in the jar on the table. SO GOOD.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Ah, so you don't mean chili con carne like most people would when they say chili. You mean chili verde.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    What the hell is "jalapeno bacon?"

• Options
    Exactly what it says? I don't get how the concept is in the slightest bit confusing.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote:
    So uhhh Lost, if someone in your group can't go you should totally let me know. I'll do you a solid and show up in that person's spot
    please take me

I'll let you know! Although it's only going to be me and my friend so if she bails I'm going to be pretty depressed. (Not depressed enough to not go to the restaurant, obviously.) Maybe we had more luck because we're only a table of two? Also my friend did say there were no openings on the 3rd or 4th of January, only on the 5th.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular

Thiiis giiiirl

this girl's friiiiiiend

But still!

You bitch

take me

want those duck tongues, want to eat those duck tongues

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    I shall put you all in my overlarge purse and slip you food throughout the meal

You'll have to figure out seating arrangements in there by yourselves, though

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    "bacon cheese dog" is the most american thing.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    Chili's, Applebee's, and TGI Friday's

TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Ah, so you don't mean chili con carne like most people would when they say chili. You mean chili verde.

Sort of. There's no green in the sauce. In fact, I think the sauce is far more pulverized chile peppers than tomato or tomatillo. I've been trying to figure it out forever, which peppers they use and in what ratio. Because once that knowledge is mine... *evil laughter*

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    A few days ago, I went to a place called Nammy's (http://www.yelp.com/biz/nammys-deli-and-bakery-olympia). It smelled absolutely horrid inside the restaurant, but it was incredibly cheap. My girl tried to eat a tofu sandwich, but threw it away out of disgust. I, on the other hand, loved the egg rolls that I ordered.

I will only be returning to this place for the deliciously inexpensive egg rolls.

Slider on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    people that think they are above eating at shitholes can fuck right off

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Not sure I can imagine a "good" tofu sandwich to begin with

• Options
    This legume derivative chunk sandwich is not up to my standards

• Options
    Well it depends on if it's a shithole just because it's divey but has good food, or if it's a shithole because the food is actually bad.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote:

p...peanut butter?

• Options
    Druhim wrote:
    Well it depends on if it's a shithole just because it's divey but has good food, or if it's a shithole because the food is actually bad.

don't sass me

• Options
    nAvatar_6169.jpg

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:

p...peanut butter?

An utterly superior legume by every measure

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Mad Dog's BBQ in Conyers, GA is my favorite bbq joint.

Havana West is a mom and pop Cuban place here in Pensacola that's fantastic.

Then Tu Do for Vietnamese. Such good pho.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan