As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satan 2011: Satans sent! Let the Giftening begin

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    finally signed up, hopefully I didn't fuck up the sign up email

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh well, I didn't really need a two hundred dolar watch.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Why are so many people waiting until the very last day to sign up and hoping it went through?

We had like half a month.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I'll just wait
    Maybe add them from other websites

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yeah at this point I'm just going to roll with what I've got. There's nothing on my list that I wouldn't love to have.

Pretty sure the stuff that's getting deleted is stuff that's being sold through Amazon and not buy Amazon, so that's probably where I screwed up.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    I want hugs from all of you because you are all great people.

So hop on a plane if you get me as your satanee

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    OK the list is closed except some people did the "oh I'll post a list in the thread later" thing or the "Here are 2 items" thing.

You have until the end of today (Sunday 11/6/11) to post a REAL list or items here.
    If not, you will be removed from the list. Conspicuously.

You are now actively slowing down the process to match people up.
    If you don't post this by the end of today, too damn bad, you won't be in Secret Satans.

I wonder how some people can graduate high school without being able to follow simple directions.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Kids these days.

At least one is definitely NOT a kid.

nevillexmassig1.png
    edited November 2011
    Neville ain't got time for shit, people

He's the Secret Satan Nazi. No Satan for you!

Tox on
    I had people put list/info in so that people don't complain they don't know the person or know what to get them.
    So if someone is too dumb to follow directions, that's their problem if they miss out.

nevillexmassig1.png
    edited November 2011
    neville wrote:
    You have until the end of today (Sunday 11/6/11) to post a REAL list or items here.
    If not, you will be removed from the list. Conspicuously.

This is the best part.

"Not only will I kick you off the list, but I will clown you in the process"

Tox on
    Don't fuck with Secret Satans.
    The gays hath fury.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Dear Secret Satan,

My amazon wishlist is here.

It's mostly books and food because I like books and food, and there's also a Kindle Fire on there but I don't really expect to get that, so don't worry. Feel free to nab something off the list, or if you don't even want to do that, I have a ton of bills and a big trip coming up in January so straight money is just fine.

You may be more creative than I am and be able to think of something I'd like that didn't make the list, so just in case, here is a little bit about me:

- I am a huge Terry Pratchett fan. The witches and Death are my favorites.
    - My major is molecular biology and I find protein folding fascinating.
    - I enjoy glassblowing and I love the Corning Museum of Glass, and though it's the most expensive hobby ever, glass or books from their store would be amazing. If I lived closer I think I'd go every weekend.
    - If you are artistically inclined or otherwise crafty, handmade things are nice.
    - I humbly request that you don't send me Christmas-themed stuff. I'm quite Jewish and it's just awkward.

If I think of something else I'll add it as I go, but for now,
    Your loving satanee,
    ceres.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    Gonna send @ceres a whole ton of Kwanzaa gifts

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    well I'm pretty sure I put stuff in but just in case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/19FGWFJR7NKR5
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/gimme.cgi?wid=81e41d511

Just an idea of the kind of person I am, not at all a "BUY ME THIS STUFF" guide.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Nevs did I do it right? I CAN'T STAND YOUR DISDAIN!

@Neville also apparently I am at least partly a dumb, can you PM me the e-mail address I signed up with, by chance? If it's not handy to find, I've only got a few to sort through, but I'd like to know ahead of time which one I need to be checking for my Satanee info

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2011
    Tox wrote:

D:

Actually it's kind of hard to find Jewish-themed stuff in my area. A nice merkaba or hamsa would be pretty rad.

ceres on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Nevs do you have a rough plan of when the pms are going to start going out?

ceres wrote:
    Tox wrote:

D:

Actually it's kind of hard to find Jewish-themed stuff in my area. A nice merkaba or hamsa would be pretty rad.

If I get you I'll check the local synagogue and see where they recommend.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I want the traditional kwanzaa book

7656367.jpg
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Sorry, not doing it this year. Hope you have fun.

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    vanilla

Muse Among Men on
    Tox wrote:
    ceres wrote:
    Tox wrote:

D:

I have some ideas for if I were to get you as well. ;)

ceres wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    ceres wrote:
    Tox wrote:

D:

:winky:

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Hopefully I did everything right. Sent in my wishlist and got my hints post set-up so far.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Neville I love you.

Keep doing great work.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Nevs you are the best, though I did double-check to make sure my list was linked in the E-mail because I got scurrrrred.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    Tox wrote:
    ceres wrote:
    Tox wrote:
    ceres wrote:
    Tox wrote:

D:

:winky:

looooool

But seriously though

• dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    To my secretest of satans

I'm still pretty new to active posting on these forums so I can't give you the names of other people that might have ideas. However, I do have a nice little wishlist in my sig that I am continually updating. On top of that a couple big things are coming up in my life.

1. Moving to a new apartment early next year. Currently I have very little real furniture of my own, so if you wanna go the more practical route I could use a variety of household items. Things like bed linens (full size), interesting room decorations, nice cookware, etc. would all be appreciated. I know that's a little on the boring side but it is stuff I would greatly appreciate!

2. Most of my hobbies currently revolve around spending time with my friends, but when I have some down time at home I usually spend it watching some netflix or playing a little League of Legends. I also always love grabbing a good book, some of my favorite books would be Stephen Kings The Stand and Dark Tower series. I really enjoy dystopia/post-apocalyptic style stories, shows like Jericho and The Walking Dead or movies like 28 Days Later generally grab my interest.

3. I like clothes and shoes. Tshirt size is medium, shoes are 10.5. Where I live it is usually either sunny or rainy, so nothing too heavy please.

4. Please feel free to be creative with your gifting! While hopefully this outline here gives you a general idea of what I enjoy by no means do I want you to feel constrained by what I've listed here. I promise I won't complain about whatever you send me, unless it sucks. (It's really hard for free stuff to suck though)

Oh also! I just started a new job recently and need more cool stuff for my desk. Currently I just have my darth vader bobble head so if you wanna send cool stuff for my desk at work (All needs to be family approp.) feel free to include that too!

EDIT: I'll get a steam list in this post later today-tomorrow as well, but I will note that due to my new job I haven't had as much time for the vidja games, so I already have a reasonable backlog of em to work through.

dougyfresh on
    steam_sig.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Gift Ideas For Me
    I'm a religious dude who loves food, games, and clothing of all sorts. I also fancy a good deal of art.

Religion - I'm a Christian who loves the study of religions. If there's a text or item regarding your beliefs, I'd welcome the chance to experience it. Same goes for local legends, philosophy, or heritages. I love all of that stuff.

Food - I tend to savor everything but insects, crustaceans and baked beans. If there's something special in your area, I'd love to try it. I especially relish BBQ :P

Games - I have a backwards compatible PS3, but have had all of my ps1 games stolen in a burglary. If there's an old and special game that you think I'll enjoy, send it my way.
    Specifically, I'd love to get my hands back on a copy of Bushido Blade 2, or Culdcept for the PS2. Those can be a bit pricey, so don't worry about getting them unless you're feeling really generous, haha.

Clothes - For shirts, Large tend to fit well. I do physical labor in my job, so I tend to avoid getting myself anything too fancy. My wardrobe is lacking nice social clothes.
    Green is my absolute favorite color. I live in a region which tends to be hit with freezing winters and sizzling summers, so any style would be worn. I tend to adore TopatoCo and Threadless stuff.
    If you see something elsewhere that's green and really stylish, even better!

Art - I'd welcome any art to spice up my place, be it something to hang on a nail in my wall, or something to place on my dresser.
    My room has baby blue walls which are sadly scarce, but I have great memories of relaxing and daydreaming upon romantic landscapes.
    I also ravenously consume music and fiction. If there's something you've made, I'd love to give it a shot. Heck, I even enjoy silly doodles.

Whatever you get me, I'm sure I'll love it. :)
    An amazon wishlist of my own.
    A good portion of it is blues or jazz. Feel free to use or not use it. I love surprises!

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Weaver on
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dear Satan,

Here are some things to consider while you are trying to decide what devilish things to send me. I play a lot of video games, particularly on the PC. You can see most of them from my steam profile. I also have an xbox and wii, but I don't use them as much. My wife and I enjoy cooking and watching movies. I have a bunch of related stuff on my wishlist to give you some ideas. I also have a kindle and love to read (fantasy, sci-fi, historical fiction, classics), but I typically have problems finding new authors.

Last year, I was given the first books in a couple of different series (chronicles of black company, malazan book of the fallen, game of thrones), and it has kept me in reading material all year long as I've collected the remaining books in each series. If you have some books that you love and want to share, this was pretty great gift idea. If it's outside of the mainstream, there is a pretty good chance that I haven't even heard of it, let alone read it.

Finally, our walls/shelves are rather bare. If you are artistically inclined, we would love it if you made us something. If you aren't, but have some local artists you know about, that would also be good. I hope this gives you some insight, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Trying to wait patiently,
    -Sticks

P.S. Feel free to throw this entire post out the window and send me random things you like. I always like trying new things.
    P.P.S. I like peanut butter and chocolate. Send me delicious candies and cookies.

Sticks on
    Glad my wife checked the thread today. I already had my amazon list pretty well populated, but I had promised to post additional info

(please don't judge me)

• SantaSanta Ho ho ho North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Ho ho ho!!! Making Neville's life more difficult puts you on the Naughty List! Don't make Neville's job of running Secret Satans any harder than it is!

Santa on
    Santa it's not even Thanksgiving yet. I mean what the fuck.

• SantaSanta Ho ho ho North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh ceres, I know you are bitter that Santa never visits your house. But you are correct young lady. I have so much work to be done preparing my sacks of toys and my magical flying reindeer.

Santa will return with the turkey has gone to the chopping block.

Ho ho ho! I will see you all in just a few short weeks! Until then, be good for goodness sake!!!!!

Santa on
    edited November 2011
    Santa wrote:
    Santa will return with the turkey has gone to the chopping black.

Santa, have you been drinking again? I thought you had work to do.

Sticks on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.