As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starcraft 2] New Un-borked thread! Maybe the forums could be less of a ass hole?

SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Games and Technology
Why is Starcraft 2 awesome?
This is why Starcraft 2 is awesome.

qeOKk.jpg
Rumble in the Bronze II sign-ups!

Do you think you got what it takes to be humiliated in front of thousands of viewers? Does your ego need to be completed flattened by InControl? If so, you've got what it takes to be a player in the second Rumble in the Bronze tournament going down this December. More details to come!

For now, send a PM to @joek and @mncdover if you think you've got what it takes!

Replay(s) of the day!

A noteworthy replay of the day donated by our forum-goers. Make sure to upload your replay submissions to gamereplays.org. And be a pal - mark your replay as ROTD material in your post.

repimg-33-232733.jpg
MNC Dover wrote:
But how I craft stars?
The SC2 thread goes a million miles per hour and will leave you in the dust if you aren't prepared. All things are open to discussion here from build orders, practice partners, race match-ups, tournament talk, and general bizarre Korean stuff. In order to keep up, I highly recommend you check out the following resources:

OK that's all cool, but I want to play with some PA people.
1) Log into Battle.net and join channel PA (on the NA realm). We all hang out there. Chat, 1v1 lobbies, and team shenanigans are always going on!

2) Sign up for a replay site such as gamereplays.org or drop.sc. This is a site where you can upload your replays. The perfect way to share your replays with the thread and get advice on how to get better. Gamereplays lets you post the cool banner that you frequently see on the internets and drop.sc lets you upload replays without having to create a new account.

3) Register with the PA SC2 1v1 Ranking site. Sign up for this awesome site to see where you stand amongst fellow PA members. Remember, this is important in the nurturing and expanding of your e-peen. Add yourself by clicking on [Manage Characters] on the top right side.

4) Sign up for the PA mumble page. Sign up if you want to chat with fellow PA users during games or watching tournaments. Thanks to Exoplasm for hosting the service and providing the step-by-step process for installing mumble.

JK. I like watching Starcraft instead. Where can I watch some good games?
Major tournaments. Starcraft is e-sports. Follow these major tournaments and you will not be disappoint.
  • The GSL. The premiere korean starcraft 2 league. Where the best go to play. Casted by Tastosis, the casting archon.
  • The TSL. Team Liquid's major tournament where foreigners stomp koreans and everyone attributes it to lag.
  • Major League Gaming. North American e-sports powerhouse now features Starcraft 2 (as long as their stream is online). "tahts halo dont worry".
  • North American Star League. The upstart league headed by fan-favorites Incontrol and Gretorp. $400k up for grabs in the first season alone.
  • IGN Pro League. Everyone's getting into e-sports, even IGN! 16 of the top players from North America duking it out for fabulous prizes.

And those are only the major ones! Follow the Team Liquid Tournament Tracker for more competitive goodness.

Streams. Perhaps you prefer something more intimate. Maybe watching starcraft 2 like it's Being John Malkovich? Thanks to the power of the Internet, there are infinity streams available for your voyeuristic pleasure. Here are our favorites.

Want more streams? Check out Teamliquid's live video stream page for more goodness.

I am king of SC2.

Lemming Smells.

Sceptre on

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    SC2 threads are just OP and the forums can't take it

Sage v Bomber w00t

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Good thread title.

How did that ZvT with bomber go?

I did not think the high-econ banelings would work.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    kedinik wrote:
    Good thread title.

How did that ZvT with bomber go?

I did not think the high-econ banelings would work.
    Well it did no help when he made a 2nd infestation pit instead of ultralisk den but that probably wasn't the deciding factor

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    p.s., why have they been talking about "you know big mistake by sage, he should have chased, except he could not have done that without warping in stalkers instead of sentries, and of course he didn't have money for stalkers, and stalkers would not have worked, and bomber lost a few units but he could have been ok and really he's in a weak position where IF THE HYPOTHETICAL CHASE HAD HAPPENED he would have been dead and needed a bunker, except he did need a bunker any ways, although really he's ok" for the last 5 minutes.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I have lost games by making a second infestation pit instead of ultra caverns before.
    I am therefor just as good as that pro.

kedinik wrote:
    p.s., why have they been talking about "you know big mistake by sage, he should have chased, except he could not have done that without warping in stalkers instead of sentries, and of course he didn't have money for stalkers, and stalkers would not have worked, and bomber lost a few units but he could have been ok and really he's in a weak position where IF THE HYPOTHETICAL CHASE HAD HAPPENED he would have been dead and needed a bunker, except he did need a bunker any ways, although really he's ok" for the last 5 minutes.

Because Wolf doesn't know what he's talking about, especially in PvT? He constantly misreads the situation and Doa goes along.

Like in the end there. Sage catches Bombers army out and kills it almost for free and counter attacks. Bomber kills the natural, they assume Sage is dead but instead he's about to kill the main and natural of Bomber

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    I have won games by making two twilight councils by mistake. My blink + charge timing push was the best.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Wolf doesn't know what he's talking about, he says "like" even more than the most braindead of teenage idiot girls, he raises his voice at the end of every sentence like he's constantly asking questions, he CONSTANTLY tries to make random off-the-wall remarks and jokes, blatantly and pathetically trying to emulate Tastosis, except they aren't ever funny, not even occasionally funny the way Tastosis are.

And while Doa is okay himself, when paired with Wolf he looks awful because he goes along with everything Wolf says. In short, Wolf is a terrible caster, and ruins other casters along with him.

• redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    I wish they would get a good caster on the GSL like HD.

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Code A really needs a good analytical caster. Moletrap is just...Moletrappy. Wolf used to be a lot better, but now he's all of the things Dhal has already said. Doa and Khaldor are good, maybe even great, play by play casters, but they need someone good that they can be paired with. Someone like Apollo.

iG3kv1d.png
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Noooo my thread ;-;

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    It is ok, Dover doesn't have it.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Not to sink anyones battleship but are you sure the Daylight Savings nonsense didn't fool you? Apparently posts are being inserted in chronological order.

• SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Noooo my thread ;-;