As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Big [Chat]

1103104105106107109»

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    I want to do SS but I am broke and most of my fun money is going to pay for my NYC/DC trip in a few weeks.

when is this? we could do a thing

Week after Thanksgiving. I get in on the 29th. Though from that day till Friday evening I am busy. Its a networking trip through my grad school so I am meeting with the Clinton Foundation and the UN and such. For jobs and internship stuff. I think Friday evening I am meeting Tyrannus for beers or so is the basic plan atm.

yeah, weekends are best for getting folks together around these parts
    well, we could crash your beer-getting plans or offer to hang out Saturday if you are not teh busy then
    it is always cool showing visitors a good time in NYC

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Programming is stupid and I am going to throw my computer out the window.

What's the prob?

In Java I have to add things to a vector using enumerations and then use a for each loop to get them back out. Except the vector has to be an Object type and each enumeration is its own thing so I get an incompatible types error from the compiler because the vector is an Object type and the enumerations are whatever type they're named when I make them.

Well, Java is always about 50% more of a pain in the ass than other languages because it's extremely verbose and deliberate. That makes it a favorite of businesses.

But if you're having that hard of a time, your design is probably terrible.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote:
    I just signed up to take the Police Dept. physical and written test.

Kinda scary.

What's the physical exam like? I mean, what kind of shape are cops supposed to be in?

This is the one for Florida State Troopers: http://beatrooper.com/PAT.htm

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote:
    I just signed up to take the Police Dept. physical and written test.

Kinda scary.

What's the physical exam like? I mean, what kind of shape are cops supposed to be in?
    Members of the Police Department administer the Police Officers Physical Abilities Test (POPAT with oversight by the Civil Service Commission. This test is administered prior to the written test. Both the POPAT and written exam are required to be given at least once a year, but can be given more often based on the need to fill vacancies. This test is designed to test your physical ability to perform the essential job functions of a patrol officer to include the pursuing and subduing of a fleeing adult male suspect. The test requires you to complete the following stations:
    A mobility and agility run for a distance of 440 yards. Requires completion of six laps through a figure-eight mobility course. Requires running up and down a five-step stairway, sharp turns, adjustment of stride lengths over 18 obstacles, and jumps of short distances

Pushing and pulling 80 pounds of resistance on a power training machine

Performing squat thrusts and climbing over a three-foot vault rail

Lifting and carrying 80 pounds for 50 feet

Trigger pull of a handgun to test grip strength. Requires pulling the trigger of a standard issue 9MM semi automatic handgun a total of 12 times with strong and weak hand in 15 seconds.
    I'm not in good or bad shape.

I think I can pass this test.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Hey there are black cops. And I know because of KRS-One.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    23) You are in your police cruiser and you see a hot blond woman speeding. You pull her over and approach her car:

a) With your gun out.
    b) With your penis out.
    c) With your gun and your penis out.
    d) Check to see if she's hot, then take your penis out.
    e) Ask her to step out of the car, pat her down for "drugs," and then take your penis out.
    f) Shoot her and then take your penis out.
    g) Tell her you'll arrest her unless she takes your penis out.
    h) Arrest her but take her to a secluded clearing in the middle of the forest and make her sing old campfire songs at gunpoint, with your penis out.
    i) All of the above.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    desc wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    desc wrote:
    Spoiled

Also, I am pushy about having people get together and hang out and stuff
    I do think that helps keep the group a little more connected

I was actually thinking of renting one of those storage sheds in NYC and just keeping a bunch of PAers in there for when we need them.

My whole lasso thing was a metaphor -- oh, too late.

this is Drez we're talking about here
    he is incapable of being not-creepy
    which is one of his charms

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Sarksus wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Programming is stupid and I am going to throw my computer out the window.

What's the prob?

In Java I have to add things to a vector using enumerations and then use a for each loop to get them back out. Except the vector has to be an Object type and each enumeration is its own thing so I get an incompatible types error from the compiler because the vector is an Object type and the enumerations are whatever type they're named when I make them.

Well, Java is always about 50% more of a pain in the ass than other languages because it's extremely verbose and deliberate. That makes it a favorite of businesses.

But if you're having that hard of a time, your design is probably terrible.

Duh it's probably terrible.

I'm going to read the dumb book, but the vector absolutely has to be an Object and the enumerations have to be named that. I don't understand why it makes a fuss when these enumerations are supposed to be subclasses of the Object class.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Sarksus, make a new chat thread.

Abdhy, you are backup.

This discussion has been closed.