As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great Penny Arcade Pumpkin Carving Contest 2011!

anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it.Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Artist's Corner
Halloween!
My favorite time of year!

GIANT CROSS-FORUM PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST!

pumpkin1j.jpg

CHALLENGE!: To carve the most unique/awesome/creative jack o lantern the penny arcade forums has ever seen!

PRIZE
Just the knowledge that you are the Penny Arcade forum's official Pumpkin King/Queen for the year of 2011, no big deal.

DEADLINE
October 28th. Judging will be held between the 28th and 31st, ALL HALLOW'S EVE! Judging will be done in the form of an open poll, so make sure you get over here to vote between the 28th and 31st. As of tomorrow (Oct. 14th) you will have 2 weeks to carve a pumpkin and post the picture!

Where do I post?
here! post your pics of your pumpkin in this thread when you're all done. I'll go through the whole thing on the 28th and put all of the contestants in one giant thread... which will make voting easy peasy.

Okay so the rules are... be creative. Any and all submissions using pumpkins will be accepted!
Ideas...
- Create a pumpkin monster using multiple pumpkins
- Carve a virtual pumpkin
- Even create a lava spitting minecraft pumpkin!

here's some inspiration:

http://kimandjason.com/blog/2009-10-23/27-awesome-jack-o-lantern-pumpkin-designs.html

And if you aren't in the mood to carve a jack o' lantern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOtEdhKOMgQ

credits:
OP taken from beavotron's 2010 thread.
jack o lantern hell - http://www.flickr.com/photos/plutor/1813827844/

Steam: offday
anoffday on

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    I hope so, I really enjoyed last years contest. It was my first ever pumpkin, so I want to kick out an even better one this year.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    beavotron did it last year. The OP was posted Oct. 3rd.

@beavotron where are you?? Can we do it again? Please? :D

Here's last year's thread, for anyone who is interested in checking it out. There were a lot of awesome carvings.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/129305/the-great-penny-arcade-pumpkin-carving-contest-2010/p1

anoffday on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Completely forgot about this contest. Beavo isn't quite as involved here as she has been in the past. We'll see if we can put something together quickly. Not sure what we'll do for prizes this year.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Well last year it started with no prizes, just for fun. Someone volunteered a prize later on I think.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in it, though? :(

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    There is there is. The forums are generally just sloppy these days.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Ok, I kind of took over because I really want to see this happen, and we only have about 2 weeks left. I'm more of a lurker here, but I love Halloween and I want to see what you guys can do. Is anyone down for this?

anoffday on
  • Options
    FUCK YES! Let's do this bitche-*arhm* witches.

• Options
    Well so far this has been a bust. You guys disappoint me.

• Options
    I can't speak for others but as for myself, I'm waiting till we get near the deadline so it wont be completely rotten once we hit the 31st.

• Options
    Ha we might have 2 pumpkins. But f it. I'm submitting my unworthy creation and I'm at least getting 2nd place!

• Options
    Do your worst nemesis!

• Options
    KillerBeeGeesKillerBeeGees Registered User regular
    imag0318y.jpg

Here you go guys. Hopefully everyone is just holding off so their pumpkins are nice and fresh for the big day...

• Options
    xXSanguinariasXxxXSanguinariasXx Registered User regular
    317286_2520036882036_1286723388_32928814_880638040_n.jpg

• Options
    KillerBeeGeesKillerBeeGees Registered User regular
    Nice dude, I had to go look and see if you were the one who did the jawless Jack-O-Lantern last year. I really like the creative orientations.

• Options
    Thanks, and yeah.. that was me. Just one pumpkin this year. It started out an owl.. and ended up another pole-sucker, lol.

• Options
    Both pumpkins look really good. Sorry, I didn't even post one. I kind of lost the excitement after the lack of interest. After seeing those two, though, I def. would have lost anyway. Nice work.

• Options
    I suppose that is the benefit of having a 6 year old.. I don't have an excuse not to do a pumpkin.