As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Do it, Rockapella! I mean, uh, J. Lo! Wait, what?

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited November 2011 in Social Entropy++
In a move that I am describing as "I'm surprised it actually took this long for it to happen," Walden Media and Jennifer Lopez are supposedly currently working on a Carmen Sandiego movie. While it was originally thought that J. Lo would be portraying the famous character, right now they're saying that she's only attached to produce.

The general concept as it is described sounds kinda decent:
When the ACME agency’s greatest detective Carmen Sandiego becomes the world’s greatest thief, it’s up to her former partner to follow her clues and track her down. Their cat-and-mouse game leads the partner to confront a greater mystery: Is Carmen really a thief or a hero?

But since there really isn't any story in the games themselves, they kinda have free reign to do whatever they want. It'll probably be just a generic cop/thief movie that happens to have a known character in it.

Carmen-sandiego.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TC02dxybw4

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    FUCK YES

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    this is going to be so terrible

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    This is going to be ridiculously bad

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately, Carmen Sandiego came before the time of my extensive geographical knowledge.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    it should just be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGufyFt6zQc

for ninety minutes

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    the game where carmen sandiego traveled through time was pretty fantastic

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    the game where carmen sandiego traveled through time was pretty fantastic

I had that one on my Apple IIgs and played the hell out of it.

BLM - ACAB
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego was probably the hardest game I've ever fucking played.

I loved it so damn much

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I've never caught her

But I loved the puns for criminal names

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I want Emma Stone to be Carmen sandiego

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    lostwords wrote: »

I just watched Crazy Stupid Love the other day

it was really good

I cried

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    lostwords wrote:

This would be a solid casting decision.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    keith you are always crying

Langly wrote: »
    keith you are always crying

I cry at basically every movie, yeah

I like Emma Stone but I haven't really seen much range to her

Granted I've really only ever seen her in comedies. I want to watch The Help

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    He just has a lot of feelings

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    lostwords wrote: »
    He just has a lot of feelings

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..

edited November 2011
    it's funny that carmen sandiego is a time traveller because jennifer lopez hasn't been relevant in like a fucking decade

oh ok she's only producing

welp

Skull Man on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Rainbows give me gas and smiles give me heartburn. Why do you hate me, Keith?

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    it's funny that carmen sandiego is a time traveller because jennifer lopez hasn't been relevant in like a fucking decade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

BLM - ACAB
    Rainbows give me gas and smiles give me heartburn. Why do you hate me, Keith?

I don't push you in the dirt and pull your pig tails because I hate you

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Doesn't a producer just run around delivering papers and getting coffee for people? I'm not worried about J. Lo wrecking this in any fashion.

Also, fuck yes, this better turn out to be good.

Also, PLAYER, C5 US TO CAIRO

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmnnnnnn

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    Doesn't a producer just run around delivering papers and getting coffee for people?

Production assistant.

Skull Man wrote: »

she's a host on American Idol

she has a new album that hit #5 on the charts

and a hit song that hit #3 on the charts

she's pretty relevant

Buttlord wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Doesn't a producer just run around delivering papers and getting coffee for people?

Production assistant.

I think that's the credit my brother was given in Deep Impact.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Buttlord wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Production assistant.

yeah, a producer helps fund/facilitate a project and usually has some amount of say in the production, depending on how much they invest and what kind of person they are.

Langly on
    edited November 2011
    Henroid wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Production assistant.

Yeah, PA is the gofer-type guy who doesn't really do anything but make things easier for the people who do things. A producer puts up cash and is more involved in general direction of the movie.

Buttlord on
    Henroid wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Production assistant.

Dang. I just got credited for "fluffer"

I meant in movies

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Emma Stone is awesome.

Loved her in Friends with Benefits, if only a bit part.

That'd be great.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    J Lo would be a lot more relevant if she wasn't such a cunt, or slit.

oof

I'd watch Emma Stone do dishes

A "slit"? I mean I know what you mean but I've never seen it put to use as a put-down. Raijin are you pioneering again?

Henroid wrote:

A "slit"? I mean I know what you mean but I've never seen it put to use as a put-down. Raijin are you pioneering again?

I'm just paraphrasing a quote from the NFL thread where someone called J Lo a cunt, then I used slit because it makes Keith smile and one of my daily goals is to make Keith smile.

Buttlord wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Production assistant.

Yeah, PA is the gofer-type guy who doesn't really do anything but make things easier for the people who do things. A producer puts up cash and is more involved in general direction of the movie.

He ran around delivering documents / blueprints / models between Dreamworks' offices and the Warner Bros (or was it Universal?) lot. I got to go with him once and it was rad. But yeah, he was a delivery boy.

Henroid wrote:

I'm just paraphrasing a quote from the NFL thread where someone called J Lo a cunt, then I used slit because it makes Keith smile and one of my daily goals is to make Keith smile.

no no, slit makes me grimace

the other thing makes me smile

Keith wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Penis?

Buttlord wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Penis?

That's the one