As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Hunters], Misdirecting everyone but tanks since '07

1101112131416»

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote:
    It was the fact I saw a bunch geming for Agility and only agility is why i asked since I really needed hit

If you need hit, you should spend some JP on the Fluid Death trinket: http://www.wowhead.com/item=58181#sold-by.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    forty wrote:
    I am saying that Killing Streak is not the sort of talent that one should give up Focus Fire for, because it's not that good, regardless of the fact that you can get both in a fully raid focused spec. It doesn't proc that often, and even when it does it doesn't add a whole lot of damage to your cycle. It's also simply poorly designed. It has an incredibly shitty window of opportunity (less than 4 seconds) for use, so it's not uncommon for procs to go to waste on anything that isn't a Patchwerk/Baleroc affair.

This. At least half the time I see it proc, it goes to waste because the window is just too short and cooldowns often get in the way.

I eventually scrapped it to dump more points into hunter vs wild for the stam boost.

Glyph on
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    Heyooo.

So some questions. Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Basle/advanced (yes I know my shoulders are unenchanted/gemmed, I got them last night).

My dps seems to be falling behind a bit. We just got HM Beth down last night putting us at 6/7 HMs and I'm one of the core raiders. Up until a few weeks ago I was always racing against our warlock for top DPS. I've been getting some awesome gear but our mage and warlock are just pulling WAAAAY ahead of me now and I'm not sure what to change.

Currently what I'm doing:

Haste at 1390ish with 2 points in pathing.
    Treat mastery as garbage and try to pump crit.

Rotation is roughly chim -> 2xSS -> 2xArcane -> 3xSS -> repeat.

4pc procs either go for a free chim or a kill command. When I'm focus heavy I'll drop the 5th SS for a free AiS if available or Arcanes.

Fights start with a pre-pot and SrS -> Chim -> RF -> Readiness -> Chim -> dumpin AiS and SS pairs -> RF -> more AiS -> flow in to normal rotation

I'm kind of capping out at 20-24k whereas our mage and lock are getting 26-30k.

I was reading on EJ and it seems like I'm on the cusp of needing to go for a hardcasting AiS rotation but I don't have the domo trinket or enough haste to pull it off it seems.

Suggestions?

Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    If you want to hardcast Aimed Shot, more haste is a good idea. So that being said, I'd re-look at your reforging a bit. There's a lot of Reforging out of Haste to something else, when you could be reforging out of Mastery instead. You have an awful lot of mastery if you're treating it as garbage, as you say.

Going 3/3 Pathing might not be a bad idea either.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Heyooo.

So some questions. Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Basle/advanced (yes I know my shoulders are unenchanted/gemmed, I got them last night).

My dps seems to be falling behind a bit. We just got HM Beth down last night putting us at 6/7 HMs and I'm one of the core raiders. Up until a few weeks ago I was always racing against our warlock for top DPS. I've been getting some awesome gear but our mage and warlock are just pulling WAAAAY ahead of me now and I'm not sure what to change.

Currently what I'm doing:

Haste at 1390ish with 2 points in pathing.
    Treat mastery as garbage and try to pump crit.

Rotation is roughly chim -> 2xSS -> 2xArcane -> 3xSS -> repeat.

4pc procs either go for a free chim or a kill command. When I'm focus heavy I'll drop the 5th SS for a free AiS if available or Arcanes.

Fights start with a pre-pot and SrS -> Chim -> RF -> Readiness -> Chim -> dumpin AiS and SS pairs -> RF -> more AiS -> flow in to normal rotation

I'm kind of capping out at 20-24k whereas our mage and lock are getting 26-30k.

I was reading on EJ and it seems like I'm on the cusp of needing to go for a hardcasting AiS rotation but I don't have the domo trinket or enough haste to pull it off it seems.

Suggestions?

I Asked Mr. Robot, and he said you should change up your reforges, and switch some of those enchants to Agi.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/illidan/basle/optimized

At the same time, if you look at World of Logs for a fight like Baleroc 25 (which is like a ranged dps wet dream, stand still and GO HARD), the top 10 dps is mostly mages and warlocks. It's just a fact of the numbers game that your mages and locks can out-dps you, and you just gotta suck it up and sit at third place sometimes.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Nulian FeadraugNulian Feadraug Registered User regular
    I've never been a huge fan of askmrrobot on my hunter, I prefer using wowreforge so you can set certain parameters before it starts dumping extra crap into say... mastery. Either way, make sure that if you put something through, you run it through the femaledwarf page, which is usually the most accurate way to test changes in gear/reforges

• Options
    I've never been a huge fan of askmrrobot on my hunter, I prefer using wowreforge so you can set certain parameters before it starts dumping extra crap into say... mastery. Either way, make sure that if you put something through, you run it through the femaledwarf page, which is usually the most accurate way to test changes in gear/reforges

That's cool. You should do that with his armory page and contribute to the discussion.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    I'm at work, so I have access to none of that, was merely offering what help I could, I apologize for the inconvenience it's caused you

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure askmrrobot lets you set the weights for things, so if it were for some reason reforging into mastery when it shouldn't be, you could just drop its value by .1 or something and see if it stops that.

• Options
    Next time you get a chance, log in and switch your spec over to Marksmanship, too.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    It probably does, last time I looked at it back in T11 though, I didn't like what it was doing and found the other site. I'm sure they both probably work similarly by this point, but first impressions being what they are, I won't use it until wowreforge gives me a reason to go back. Femaledwarf is also pretty good at giving you the stat weights for the sites based on your specific gear to help with optimizing.

• Options
    Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    One thing to look at is if you are getting a windfury affect or not. Our frost DK sometimes has to heal or tank and I lose a few k dps from that.

• Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    I switched back to MM and logged out. I was SV precisely because we had to swap some people out and were missing the haste buff so I swapped to SV for those fights.

Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Halle-fucking-lujah.
    * Aspect of the Hawk now grants roughly 35% more attack power.
    * Deterrence now also reduces damage taken by 30% while active.
    * Black Arrow now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged.
    * Lock and Load no longer benefits Arcane Shot, nor is it consumed by Arcane Shot.

aTBDrQE.jpg