As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Mass Effect 2 - Set 32 (7th Nov) Suicide Mission

1235»

• Options
    valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I actually didn't find the mouse sensitivity in ME2 that much of an issue. Part of the reason for that might be the fact that my mouse has a toggle thing which switches between 3 precisions, and I usually use it on the highest. For ME2 I simply used the middle one. Also, you're not actually meant to aim precisely if you're not holding the right mouse button. That way you get the highest available turning speed for when you are running without sacrificing precision when you're actually trying to be precise by zooming in. The one thing they fucked up regarding camera si the fact that you can't really turn while sprinting.

You should definitely go down to Zaeed's little hidey-hole on the Normandy sometime and talk to him about his adventures; his stories are always good fun :D

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also, you should get Thane soon and show us all the bounciness and fun one can have with three characters that can throw people.

valgomir on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    New set uploaded of Jack's loyalty mission. And y'know, Shepard demonstrating that Renegade is notsomuch 'badass' as just 'bad'. And perhaps 'ass' too.

Yeah, I'll do Thane's recruitment next then, and then he, Samara and Shep can go on a volleyball adventure.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Werp querp, set is up; Thane recruitment. Blarglhl. Encoding software has been hating.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oooh a new set you say? Excellent.

Like I said, you should definitely take Thane and Samara on a mission for maximum throwing fun... Though I don't think there are any missions left that will allow you to bounce people into bottomless pits. :D

valgomir on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh sweet, something to watch when I get home. Thanks Bethryn, glad to see your still alive.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Legion's Loyalty mission up. It's okay not to have structural weaknesses inside your secret lair space station I guess.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You can actually change your teams costumes on the ship.
    If you go to your console (where you read your emails), you can look at the squad status screen and change costumes there.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ah, maybe I'm getting it confused with levelling their abilities.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Mordin Loyalty mission up. Goddamn Krogan are so heavy, can't have much fun with them and Throw. Vorcha, on the other hand...

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    IIRC the krogan got their wapons technology from the salarian because it was deemed necessary in order to defeat the rachni in the rachni wars.

Also, krogan TV... it's more likely than you'd think! Remember the korgan animu in Kasumi's DLC?

And the breakdancing krogan in part 2 made my day :D

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    And now to test our pull/throw/slam/singularity flight hypotheses.

In the name of science, the experiment must be repeatable, so I'll probably try taking Thane and Samara along for the next mission to see if Geth also enjoy floaty combat, since that's 2x Throw rather than Pull (which seems very wonky).

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Moar bouncing.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Wow, two new sets in two days? This must be a new record for you :P
    I'm going to watch the second set later today, but so far the flying thing looks really fun. I was tempted to yell TAKEOFF when you used slam on that guy who was caught in a singularity in the first set :D

Also, I should download all these videos, so that in case something very very bad happens, like YouTube getting nuked or something, the videos are archived and I can still watch them...

valgomir on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, since Ral'angler or whatever his name was survived, does that mean you can use the Rally the Crowd option for Tali's Loyalty mission? I mean, you're not doing a pure Renegade run-through, and all.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    His name is Kal'Reegar. IIRC you can call him up as a witness but it has no impact on you being able to use the Rally The Crowd option.
    Also, the Geth bounciness leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe they're just too heavy or something...

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I think it's because their health is too low, so rather than bounce they just turn to paste. 8(

Bethryn on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    valgomir wrote: »
    His name is Kal'Reegar. IIRC you can call him up as a witness but it has no impact on you being able to use the Rally The Crowd option.
    Also, the Geth bounciness leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe they're just too heavy or something...

Oh right. I remember now. You had to also save that dude from the first time you meet Tali. I don't remember, did Bethryn save that dude?

I'm pretty sure the requirement was you had to have given her the Geth data in ME1, and make sure both dudes from her two encounters with you survive.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I probably did not.

I also can't say I really intend on being particularly nice to Tali at the trial.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nah, you don't need the ME1 stuff for it. You do, however, need to make sure you leave both dudes happy and alive.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm intrigued by the fact that Kal'Reegar survived actually.

Maybe he dies if you're mostly Paragon and tell him to stick around? I was like "sweet, he's going to get hit by the Colossus any second now" and then he was fine.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The Mass Effect wiki says that he'll die if you take too long to take out the colossus so I guess you're just too good :P Maybe if you'd played it on Hardcore or whatever it's called, you'd have taken longer, thus letting him die. And you'd have gotten the Geth rifle. Oh well.

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The Geth rifle is balls anyway though, so I'm not too fussed.

I dunno, I think it's purely dependent on actual combat damage. I've had him get hit by a Colossus bolt the instant the dialogue stopped and died, so I just assumed it was "oh oops, should've interrupted."

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Exclusive night club bar brawls etc.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Urgh, going to have to edit the entire OP to fit with new forum encoding. ABlahjfgkjfg.

Should be a new set up soon, and I'm hoping it should be viewable in 720p on the ewetewbs.

And here we go:

Thane loyalty mission.

Bethryn on
  • Options
    And the next update: Garrus loyalty mission.

(with extra Bypasses)

• Options
    My parent is deadddddddddddddd.

• Options
    Oh god, the damn forum update made me completely miss this thread. I apologise. PLEASE DO NOT SMITE ME, ALMIGHTY BETHRYN.

• Options
    By the way, it's very convenient that you use widescreen-o-vision now, it makes everything look much better on my monitor. However, the 720p quality doesn't really improve the quality much, so if it's too inconvenient to upload the vids now (I don't know how good your ISP / connection is, but I know that the upload times pissed Klyka off after a while so he stopped the HD stuff), going back to 480p wouldn't be a great loss in video quality.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    My parent is dead.
    batman-my-parents-are-dead.jpg

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Final destination no more silly loyalty missions. Who needs loyalty if everyone's going to bite it anyway?

• Options
    Tali had it coming.