As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Please post in new thread.

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Anyone get a key from that site I listed earlier? http://www.intkeys.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=314

Still debating whether or not to purchase from there, but if people have gotten codes and successfully pre-loaded them, that should answer my question on the legitimacy of the site (or legitimacy of the codes, at least).

I took a leap of faith and ordered from them. I have not gotten a code yet, although they say that it should arrive on the 10th or 11th.

I also ordered a key from them and I'm starting to wish I had just paid the $60 on steam. The keys for this game are almost certainly russian. Its a multilanguage game so I'm not worried about that, but you supposedly have to activate the game using a russian VPN and since the steam appID will be russian any patches and DLC you get will be russian as well. This is definitely going to be my only experience dealing with one of these companies as it just isn't worth all this aggravation.

• Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    For those who bought from D2D, have you gotten your code yet?

Deciding if I want to order from them or steam. If ordering from D2D means I won't get to preload then the $7 savings isn't worth it to me.

• Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular

Deciding if I want to order from them or steam. If ordering from D2D means I won't get to preload then the $7 savings isn't worth it to me.

Sure did. They emailed me last night.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular

It's more like a $3 savings or so savings, if you happen to be taxed.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Bought from D2D and preloaded last night.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Archonex wrote:
    All you'd need to do is (probably, not sure how the Gamebyro engine works, in all honesty. There might be a hang-up there somewhere.) give a second referenced variable for the housing (IE: One is the actual reference in the code to the cell, and the other is the determining variable for the name.), and exempt essential characters from kill quests.

That would not be part of Gamebryo itself, it would be part of Bethesda's NPC/AI systems (Radiant Story is what they're calling it now).

Gamebyro was used for a variety of games, such as Civ 4 and Bully. Its a graphics/physics API and content creation pipeline, and it has nothing to do with the rules of the game and function beyond physics and graphics.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Awesome, no tax from them here in California, apparently.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    24 hours left!

It'll be 6 hours when I get home from university tomorrow. It's gonna be the longest day ever.

Also, feel free to add me on Steam so we can stroke our respective e-peens by comparing Skyrim achievements.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Thank god I'm not a FPS fan, or right now I'd have a head explosion from so many good games at once. I'm already conflicted enough between my old school adventurer soul and my psycho troll pimp selves. I'm thinking I might have my Saint's Row boss LARPing Skyrim.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Can my Nord fuck every female like Geralt?
    Just kidding. I'll just marry one and be loyal.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    My Amazon order better ship tomorrow, dammit!

• spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote:
    My Amazon order better ship tomorrow, dammit!

Launch day delivery just means you will get it sometime on the 11th... maybe :twisted:

steam_sig.png
  • hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    This game will unlock in approximately 13 hours.

So pumped!

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote:
    Archonex wrote:
    All you'd need to do is (probably, not sure how the Gamebyro engine works, in all honesty. There might be a hang-up there somewhere.) give a second referenced variable for the housing (IE: One is the actual reference in the code to the cell, and the other is the determining variable for the name.), and exempt essential characters from kill quests.

That would not be part of Gamebryo itself, it would be part of Bethesda's NPC/AI systems (Radiant Story is what they're calling it now).

Gamebyro was used for a variety of games, such as Civ 4 and Bully. Its a graphics/physics API and content creation pipeline, and it has nothing to do with the rules of the game and function beyond physics and graphics.

I figured as much. Just was considering that there might be some hang-ups there. DCUO has similar engine/content issues. They can't actually do certain things due to limitations of the engine, according to the original dev team.

Of course, the original dev team was certifiably full of shit on many things, so there's that too.

• XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Did anyone else pre-order from Newegg for $48? It might take until Monday for UPS to show up, but it's good to save $12... Not in a hurry to play at all, let me tell you!

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    So.

Most important question that I haven't seen asked yet:

Does it have ladders?

• TagTag Registered User regular
    Hrm, anyone know if the One Handed perks will work for unarmed combat? Haven't been able to find much solid info on hand-to-hand, but those are the only perks I see that look like they might work with it (aside from the heavy armor perk).

Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    XX55XX wrote:
    Did anyone else pre-order from Newegg for $48? It might take until Monday for UPS to show up, but it's good to save $12... Not in a hurry to play at all, let me tell you!

You're the opposite of me. I must have Skyrim. MUST.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    hadoken wrote:

If by 13 you mean 28 ... ?

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote:
    hadoken wrote:

Yeah, I was about to ask where he was getting that number.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Australia?

• Miso RoneryMiso Ronery Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    drale03 wrote:
    Hey! I got a beta invite for SWTOR starting on 11-11-11.
    Imagine that. Too bad I'll be otherwise occupied. :winky:

Hey there buddy. How you doin'?

I'm a huge Knights of the Old Republic fan, and a fan of RPGs in general. I was content putting thoughts of The Old Republic in the back of my mind until launch. Every crevice of the rabid hype-sponge inside of me has been too busy soaking up bits of Skyrim to even remember Star Wars is a thing that exists.

My only day off until next Wednesday is Saturday, and I was just lamenting what kind of horrible Sophie's Choice scenario befell you two. I wondered if I could even make a reasonable decision given those options.

Then I checked my e-mail...

Fucking seriously!!! It had to be this weekend guys?!? You choose to give a bunch of RPG nerds free early access to a game that you've poured obscene amounts of money into, and limit it to the launch weekend of one of the year's biggest RPGs? Have you lost your fucking minds?!?*

*For context, I am currently pacing back and forth in front of my desk while yelling this at my ceiling. First. World. Problems.

Miso Ronery on
    steam_sig.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    maybe he lives 15 hours ahead of you

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    Archonex wrote:
    Elvenshae wrote:
    hadoken wrote:

Yeah, I was about to ask where he was getting that number.

I think he missed the '1 day and' part.

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
    Z4Jx1.png

• MoistMoist Registered User regular
    Pre loading complete, I havent been this hyped about a game since Red Dead and I dident have five days off to play that one.

Less than a day to go, sleep, work, then, adventure!

So according to the requirements I'll be playing on Medium/High which will be good. BUT I'm not sure if that takes my resolution into account at all.

I've got 6 gigs of RAM, an Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz processor, SLI'd NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240's those have about 1 gig of ram each and are DirectX 10 capable.

My monitor is a nice 1920x1080 one.

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    13? What the fuck timezone is that?

• MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    He paid 90 bucks for it, I can forgive him getting it before me.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
    Scosglen wrote:
    13? What the fuck timezone is that?

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=240

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, dudes, it's after 12pm and it's 11-10 on the eastern portion of Australia right now.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I guess that means the NA region will be the last to unlock. Poop.

I did not realize the launch was staggered for regions, I thought it was 12:01 EST globally

Scosglen on
    'Technically'.

edited November 2011
    Macro9 wrote:
    Yeah, dudes, it's after 12pm 11-10 on the eastern portion of Australia right now.

That's not real time though. In real time it's just about a quarter till nine.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    er, I thought they all unlocked at 12:01 est

but it could be different for non NA purchases

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    They are being unlocked by region, but I always thought Australia was behind the USA in time... since the dateline is in the opposite direction. Weird

EDIT: Also, can I just log into steam's AUS server and it will give me access early?

spitfirek on
    steam_sig.png
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Nope they're ahead of us. I have a few clients I have calls with on a weekly basis. If we have the call at 7pm CST on Monday...it's something like 10am Sydney time Tuesday.

camo_sig2.png
    Australian's are from the future, not the past.

Arthil wrote:
    Australian's are from the future, not the past.

Future sucks then, games are too expensive in the future.

I'll happily stay in the past with my 50-60 dollar games.

• MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    Its about 10 minutes away from 3pm Thursday in Auckland, New Zealand... Presumably that would be only 9 hours to go on Steam

Unfortunately in my case I am just picking it up from JBHifi tomorrow.

Otherwise I would really be mocking you all :P

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
This discussion has been closed.