As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satan 2011: Satans sent! Let the Giftening begin

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Send the stuff through Amazon and then send like a card or something?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    ShimSham wrote:
    I love my Satanee, which makes it all the more difficult to choose what and how to do this.

The eternal question of presentation vs price.

I could buy and send more things if I just let Amazon ship it directly.

Or I could buy and send less things, but add a personal touch if I ship it to myself and then my person.

Decision '11.

I have the same ordeal in both this and the G&T one

For both, I plan on just shipping stuff from wherever I get it, and sending Amazon gift notes with the stuff I order there, and mailing a note singularly by itself (which has the possibility of getting there before any of the gifts and ruining the surprise, but that's a risk I'll take)

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I can send things through amazon directly? How do I do this.

Keith wrote:

You can send gift messages attached to your gifts through Amazon, so that saves time

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:

If their wishlist has their address, add it from their wish list and their address becomes one of the shipping address options.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote:

You can send gift messages attached to your gifts through Amazon, so that saves time

they are kind of confusing to find, though

Especially if you don't bother looking at the order slip

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    oooh my Satanee wants some cool shit
    cool shit I shall deliver

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I am going to try and get everything for my person in one box, since I have Prime I can save some money to then immediately turn around and spend at the post office.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Think I'm gonna have stuff shipped to me then box it all up together for my person.

Goose! wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

If their wishlist has their address, add it from their wish list and their address becomes one of the shipping address options.

okay cool so I just picked something from their wishlist and added to their cart an-
    We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to a Wish List or gift registry address.
    :(

p.s. I know where you live now

Antimatter wrote:
    Goose! wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

okay cool so I just picked something from their wishlist and added to their cart an-
    We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to a Wish List or gift registry address.
    :(

Try regular searching it and buying it on Amazon, then just type the address and info onto the shipping address

And if that doesn't work, that definitely sucks

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    buy a card and a pen from amazon and have it shipped to your satan with the message "write your own damn note"

• ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Yeah I think I'll probably do some sort of card with Amazon or something or other. I'll figure something out. I've got to put my Amazon Prime account to use for more than just having Harry Potter and Skyrim show up on release day though.
    Stale wrote:
    Initial shipment is on it's way.

Satanee should be get their first batch tomorrow.

Last year I barely beat you in getting gifts to my Satanee first.

Sadly, I can't beat you this year unless I run out to the store, buy some stuff and drive several hours through the night and show up on my Satanee's doorstep in the wee hours of the morning.

I really don't know why I don't do this.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    Try regular searching it and buying it on Amazon, then just type the address and info onto the shipping address

And if that doesn't work, that definitely sucks

Unless they've changed their policy since last year, that works. That's what I've done for the past two years or so. Just make sure the billing address is your address and the shipping address is there's. Pretty standard.

QcGKhPm.jpg
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Getting Amazon Prime seems like a good idea for this.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    You get a free year for being a student. It owns.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    So after calculating, with the gifts I currently plan (or hope) to get for my Satanee, I would wind up spending

$202.58 at most

:[ Dang looks like I either have to get rid of some things, or save money and wait to buy them

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Trying to figure out what kind of stuff I can jam into an envelope and still have it count as a "letter"

5 day delivery for like 5 bucks verses 4 weeks for $100 for a package

shipping sucks

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Marth wrote:
    Getting Amazon Prime seems like a good idea for this.

I wonder if I can do another trial of Prime this year, I did it last year for a month? Cost me nothing but woo free shipping

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    ShimSham wrote:
    Yeah I think I'll probably do some sort of card with Amazon or something or other. I'll figure something out. I've got to put my Amazon Prime account to use for more than just having Harry Potter and Skyrim show up on release day though.
    Stale wrote:
    Initial shipment is on it's way.

Satanee should be get their first batch tomorrow.

Last year I barely beat you in getting gifts to my Satanee first.

Sadly, I can't beat you this year unless I run out to the store, buy some stuff and drive several hours through the night and show up on my Satanee's doorstep in the wee hours of the morning.

I really don't know why I don't do this.

He was second last year and is second this year (Smart Hero's satan beat him to it).

To say that Stale is taking it well would be a bold face lie.

Zay wrote:
    You get a free year for being a student. It owns.

How?

Never mind found it, and it's just six months now.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So, my satanee is going to be a fun one, and I have some ideas already.

My only reservation is that one of the ideas is something I gave last year's satanee. If that something is a really cool thing with a local twist, that's okay right?

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I already used my free year. It's half off for students, which is pretty good. The book sharing program makes it a better deal.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote:

My only reservation is that one of the ideas is something I gave last year's satanee. If that something is a really cool thing with a local twist, that's okay right?

I've given my satanee a nerf nitefinder like 3 times over the years

aint nothin wrong with repeating something that's good

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Hello, Satan!

I'm Fearghaill, you may remember me from my occasional bursts of active posting, followed by long months of lurking.

But you probably don't.

I gave Neville an amazon wishlist, and I'd be happy to get anything from that, but if you want to do something different, that's cool too.

Things I like: Cooking, comic books, video games (PS3/PC only please), books or whatever on game design and/or martial arts

I've also been on a bit of a board game kick lately, if you know of any awesome games you feel I should own/play that would be awesome too.

Alternately, if you are a god of christmas gifting, this would be the greatest thing ever. But it's expensive so you probably shouldn't. Giant. Mechanical. Kraken.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    gonna continue my sandman missionary work this year

and a big ole dildo maybe

2x39jD4.jpg
  • B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    I have no idea who my Satan is.
    TIME TO SNOOP

Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
    edited November 2011
    okay so I bought from three different places, the one that arrives first is from Amazon so I put a gift note in that. There should be two additional shipments after that. The latest the third package is supposed to show up is December 2nd.

Only so much I could spend, but I hope it's enough!

Antimatter on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote:
    Trying to figure out what kind of stuff I can jam into an envelope and still have it count as a "letter"

shipping sucks

There's a little slot thing you can test it on, if it fits, it counts. If not, they'll send it back to you angrily.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    if I manage to win another woot bag of crap I'm giving it to my satanee.

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    I'll order things eventually, but as of right now I have 8 (!) gifts already in mind.

Somebody's gonna be extremely happy, I'll make damn sure of that :]

is it me? i wanna be happy!
    be my gay satan! :3

nevillexmassig1.png
    Kochikens wrote:
    #pipe wrote:

shipping sucks

There's a little slot thing you can test it on, if it fits, it counts. If not, they'll send it back to you angrily.

I mean I'd just have the conversation with the ladies in the post office. They're very nice.

#pipe wrote:

shipping sucks

I'm just glad I didn't get Keith this year. Shipping Darwyn Cooke would be unbelievably expensive, even just Halifax to Philadelphia.

neville wrote:
    I'll order things eventually, but as of right now I have 8 (!) gifts already in mind.

Somebody's gonna be extremely happy, I'll make damn sure of that :]

is it me? i wanna be happy!
    be my gay satan! :3

It is not.

I currently have planned, at least $202.58 worth of gifts to buy for my Satanee.

If you were my Satanee, I'd have at least $500, and that would just be on the first two gifts.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    So my plan is to ship some stuff directly from amazon and then send a more personalised gift myself. This is totally fine, right?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    edited November 2011
    Tef wrote:
    So my plan is to ship some stuff directly from amazon and then send a more personalised gift myself. This is totally fine, right?

Of course!

Heck, even if you shipped everything from Amazon, and only personalized the notes attached, as long as it came from the heart then it's downright lovely!

Sweeney Tom on
    Fearghaill wrote: »

it's cool, just send me Darwyn Cooke

Fearghaill wrote: »
    #pipe wrote:

shipping sucks

I'm just glad I didn't get Keith this year. Shipping Darwyn Cooke would be unbelievably expensive, even just Halifax to Philadelphia.

FUCK

This discussion has been closed.