As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lets go on down to South Park! WTF!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh dear lord the Indian genocide for stuffing

Edit: lol the haunting expert has a PHD from the university of Phoenix

override367 on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    So THAT'S why stuffing's so delicious. It's all so obvious now.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Not great, but the Thor stuff came out of left field and made me laugh pretty hard.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    This is so good. My grandmother watches History channel all the time and she just eats this shit up.

Also, she really likes slasher flicks for some reason :D
    If anyone knows about stuffing, it's Natalie Portman!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    I wasn't sure I got the Natalie Portman stuffing reference. Was that just random, or was it referring to something?

Anyway, I'm glad that at least Matt and Trey are standing up for the true story of Thanksgiving.

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    Yar wrote:
    I wasn't sure I got the Natalie Portman stuffing reference. Was that just random, or was it referring to something?

you know like how in thor

we're supposed to accept that she's a physicist who knows everything about space but it's just not very believable

that's the joke

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I loved the making fun of 1/16 indian heritage thing. And the circular logic to have stupid shows, and the Devry and University of Phoenix jokes and Natalie Portman being the smug middle of everything. Poor Kyle, his menopause really is kicking in.

yay stuffing mines yay

• Options
    kaz67kaz67 Registered User regular
    Didn't see Thor, so didn't even realize it was referencing that. Still best episode of the season for me though due to the ancient aliens stuff alone.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I was kind of hoping that they'd have the Marklar show up in some of the doctored photos.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Can you open your wormhole?

Mmmmmm...no! :3

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Horseshoe wrote:
    Yar wrote:

you know like how in thor

we're supposed to accept that she's a physicist who knows everything about space but it's just not very believable

that's the joke

Well in that case they should have used Scarlet Johanson. Portman worked just fine but any time Black Widow said something super spy I just expected somebody to tell her to go to her room while the grown-up handled things.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So what are the odds we'll see an episode very soon about what's happening over at Penn State? Now I know child molestation is terrible and not funny in the least but I think Matt and Trey could still parody it without making it offensive.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    So what are the odds we'll see an episode very soon about what's happening over at Penn State? Now I know child molestation is terrible and not funny in the least but I think Matt and Trey could still parody it without making it offensive.

They've already had a NAMBLA episode that was pretty funny, don't know if they'd want to retread the same ground.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Invisible wrote:
    And there's this planet over here that no one really cares about.

And it was the Green Lantern planet. I like when they riff on movies. At least when they have seen them.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Toxic Toys wrote:
    Invisible wrote:
    And there's this planet over here that no one really cares about.

And it was the Green Lantern planet. I like when they riff on movies. At least when they have seen them.

I still can't believe they had bullshit to do a episode making fun of inception without seeing the movie. Also who hadn't seen inception by the end of that summer?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Favorite character returns!

edit: oooooh, Penn State jokes. I think this might be a Steve Irwin thing again.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Sky wrote:
    I don't like how Matt Stone and Trey Parker make their shows in 6 days.

To me, they are doing themselves a disservice. They can have so many elements in the episodes, so many clever ideas and meanings and themes, but they miss the chance to take things in amazing ways since they are under the gun to get the show written, voiced, and animated in such a short period of time.

I would prefer if they gave each episode a four week production arc, so they can include any neat and clever story telling elements they can think of.

Yeah because 14 years of success means they should change everything.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    so is it just me, or was that episode terrible?
    the militant agnostic was funny at first then got stale really fast.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say terrible, but it was a bit underwhelming after some of the episodes we'd had this season.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    With the ginger episode, that's at least twice now Cartman has found himself in a position he used to make fun of.

If he ever finds out he's part Jewish, there's going to be such a meltdown.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Agreed, it isn't as good as the others but I still enjoyed it.

Glad to see Kenny is still being a hero.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    "Yo Mama's so poor, she waves a Popsicle around and calls it air conditioning."

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I loved cartman crying as he said those about his own mom.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    EddEdd Registered User regular
    Sky wrote:
    I don't like how Matt Stone and Trey Parker make their shows in 6 days.

To me, they are doing themselves a disservice. They can have so many elements in the episodes, so many clever ideas and meanings and themes, but they miss the chance to take things in amazing ways since they are under the gun to get the show written, voiced, and animated in such a short period of time.

I would prefer if they gave each episode a four week production arc, so they can include any neat and clever story telling elements they can think of.

Yeah because 14 years of success means they should change everything.

To be fair, if you listen to their audio commentaries, they freely admit the creative strains the time frame imposes, and often acknowledge that while an episode will often work on the conceptual level, the execution suffers.

I think that's been particularly true of the last couple of seasons. Lots of episodes with A plots and B plots - in which its often difficult to distinguish the one from the other - that ultimately have little if anything to do with one another, that reek of a great idea shoehorned in through the only means they could figure in two days. When it does that, the show begins to feel almost as if we're getting a "Slice of life" in South Park instead of discrete, meaningful and interesting stories about specific characters. I would gladly see them ditch how topical they are in favor of a slower production process that yields better, more focused stories with these people.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I loved cartman crying as he said those about his own mom.

I love that Cartman's commitment to making fun of poor people is so deep that he can't help but do it, even to himself

override367 on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Is Comedy Central still censoring Mohammed?
    Because he appears in the intro for every single syndicated episode I've seen (as part of the Super Best Friends), including the ones aired by Comedy Central.
    Just seemed bizarre after the salt the earth approach they took to the other depictions.

Also new episodes and season starts March 14.

• Options
    I thought they removed him from the credits. And what a BS thing to have that entire episode be removed from every legitimate avenue, itunes, amazon, netflix, including (I'm guessing) and new print runs of the season 5 DVDs.

Good to have South Park and Community return back to back.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I still can't believe they had bullshit to do a episode making fun of inception without seeing the movie. Also who hadn't seen inception by the end of that summer?

Not a surprise. Matt & Trey don't seem to like anything that requires someone to think, even a little bit, like Inception did. It being extremely successful and popular with liberals made it an instant target for them.

That said, the Thor parody was brilliant.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

Not a surprise. Matt & Trey don't seem to like anything that requires someone to think, even a little bit, like Inception did. It being extremely successful and popular with liberals made it an instant target for them.

Uh. They are satirists they make satire of everything. Doesn't make them anti-intellectual.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    New episode aired tonight.

The two plots were kind of disjointed, but the funeral and any scene with Clyde's mom was pretty funny.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Kagera wrote: »

Uh. They are satirists they make satire of everything. Doesn't make them anti-intellectual.

Yes, they are satirists. You're overestimating how intelligent they are and underestimating how much their politics effects their show's content.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    The Thor parody was ok except the natalli Portman part. I really not sure what they were trying to say there.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    The Thor parody was ok except the natalli Portman part. I really not sure what they were trying to say there.

I thought that they were referencing that she's a prude about sexuality. Other than that I got nothing. Maybe they hate Portman?

• Options

I thought that they were referencing that she's a prude about sexuality. Other than that I got nothing. Maybe they hate Portman?

Is she a prude?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Is she a prude?

No, Portman's been up front about her sexuality with interviews from what I've heard. Which makes the portrayal more confusing if that's what they were going for.

edit: I meant her character in the film, btw. Who isn't a prude, either. She's just too busy helping Thor save the world to have sexy times with Thor.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Wait, why are we talking about the Thanksgiving episode? Did I hit a timewarp?

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The recent episode was underwhelming.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I can't wait to poop.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The recent episode was underwhelming.

A 20 minute-long poop joke.