As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed Revelations announcement leak

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    MANNNNN Altair isn't going to be able shock and awe in this one. They're gonna have their new combat system.
    I just realised I'm going to be playing a gimped altair. Kind of a downer. I mean, the new killing system is kind of similar, but I really liked the difficulty of the old trick.

Are you talking about how if you wreck guard anus so hard so fast that they all shit their pants and run?

Because yes that is great.

I'm not sure if he's talking about the trick I know of, but there's one where if you do a counter with the hidden blade, there will usually be another guard in the group who's kind of horrified by the death. You can immediately kill him with the hidden blade once you're done with his friend, at which point there will be someone else in the group horrified about it, and he's next on your list, etc.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote:
    MANNNNN Altair isn't going to be able shock and awe in this one. They're gonna have their new combat system.
    I just realised I'm going to be playing a gimped altair. Kind of a downer. I mean, the new killing system is kind of similar, but I really liked the difficulty of the old trick.

Are you talking about how if you wreck guard anus so hard so fast that they all shit their pants and run?

Because yes that is great.

I'm not sure if he's talking about the trick I know of, but there's one where if you do a counter with the hidden blade, there will usually be another guard in the group who's kind of horrified by the death. You can immediately kill him with the hidden blade once you're done with his friend, at which point there will be someone else in the group horrified about it, and he's next on your list, etc.

That's what I was talking about. Always loved that.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, same here! It was one of the things I missed in AC2.

SteevL on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    You don't just have to counter. Any hidden blade death with make a weaker guy horrified, for example the first kill on a group as well as throwing down two guards and stabbing them both on the ground. Also taunting. The tougher guys tend to wave their arms at you and taunt you. What they are saying to you can be translated roughly as "Please walk over to me and stab me in the stomach for a free kill honored one. I humbly give you this opportunity." They just have a somewhat off putting body language but don't let that stop you!

Another thing to watch for is rubbing their leg because they are nervous. Basically if they drop their sword stance at all for any other action in that game, they are letting down their guard.

I did this trick against Robert De Sab's men. It was very hard because there were relatively few weak guys there and you have to kill all of them before the next "tier" of guys start getting horrified. It's almost like a combo and if you mess it up you are in trouble.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So torn on which platform to get this on. Played AC1, 2, and Bro on 360 first then bought 2 & Bro on PC/mac.

But PS3 gets AC1 for free with AssRev. 360 will undoubtedly have the biggest base for multi. PC will be the prettiest but long wait and shitty DRM.

Choices.

The PS3 versions of AC1, 2 and Brotherhood all ran worse than their 360 counterpart. AC1 pretty much sucks for the most part and, really, are you going to play through it again? Probably the worst choice of the three.

The 360 version will look better and run nicer, and will have a pretty large base for multiplayer. Also it's available day 1 so you can get to the face-and-neck stabbing more quickly.

I played the PC versions of 2 and Brotherhood and they were pretty aces overall (especially when played with a 360 pad), but seeing as it has the terrible DRM and is the same price as the console versions...go with 360.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    They might have run worse but it wasn't anything that interfered with gameplay. I never felt like my actual stabby stabbing was impacted in any meaningful way. I need subtle graphical details pointed out to me generally in any case.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    It wasn't even subtle graphical details

My framerate was considerably lower on the PS3 versions of both 2 and Brotherhood

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i think the biggest difference for AssRev will be the online communities. 360 will have a slightly larger population i think, but really i'm sure both are fine versions of the game by now.

• Options
    edited November 2011

My framerate was considerably lower on the PS3 versions of both 2 and Brotherhood

Was it consistent about it? I'm timing based not reaction based so I probably didn't really notice.
    For comparison, Bayonetta on ps3 is not consistent and when I hit those extremely low parts (or much much better than the others) I would get completely throw off from playing the bloody palace mode all the time, which is mostly consistent.

Morninglord on
  • Options

Was it consistent about it? I'm timing based not reaction based so I probably didn't really notice.

Very

Even just gallivanting around the city, it was really choppy

• Options
    edited November 2011

Very

I have a really hard time seeing frames so I didn't mean "is it consistently low".
    I meant "does it vary up and down in it's speed" Like does it go from (random numbers) 30 in one part to 20 in another then 15 then 25 etc.
    All I noticed graphically in assbro was really bad popin of textures.

Morninglord on
  • Options

Very

I have a really hard time seeing frames so I didn't mean "is it consistently low".
    I meant "does it vary up and down in it's speed" Like does it go from (random numbers) 30 in one part to 20 in another then 15 then 25 etc.

Oh

Then yes, yes it did

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    V Faction wrote:
    If it helps your decision at all, I'll be getting AssRev the same place where I got AC2 and AssBro, which for me is on the 360. Makes it feel more together that way.
    I'm that way, too. It actively bothers me that I have PoP: Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and Two Thrones on PS3 while Forgotten Sands and PoP 2K8 are both on 360. Though it's better than it used to be. Originally I had SoT on PS2 and WW and TT on Xbox.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm fairly certain I will get it on 360, play the shit out of it, beat it, then trade it in to Amazon.

Then buy it for PC when it does on sale on steam.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'll be getting it on the PS3 for the reason that I don't have a 360. And the PC versions DRM can suck it.

The framerate issues on PS3 for me practically disappeared after half an hour of playing. When I started jumping roof to roof killing guards, I didn't even care about the framerate, and it never hurt my timings in combat.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I didn't even notice the framerate issues until someone here talked about them. Then I noticed them for a few minutes before I stopped caring. And just like that, stopped noticing them again.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I think PC gamers are more likely to notice framerate dips. I play on PC when at all possible, on a machine capable of running basically everything at a constant 60 fps (the difference between 30 and 60 fps is quite apparent, too) so when I'm already running at 30 fps on a console, and then it gets worse, it's very noticeable.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    ac2.jpg

Well he was a banker.

• Options
    Looks like they've already announced that there will be another AC game next year.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/like-clockwork-theres-more-assassins-creed-next-year/3795/

• Options

Oh

Then yes, yes it did

Huh. They must give you a lot of frames to input moves, because not once did I have it affect my gameplay or feel there was any input lag for gameplay moves.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    For those that don't know, there seems to be an (another?) ARG or something related to Ubisoft and AC called tsilon, which I've been following with one of my Canadian bros.

I just got sent this email:
    G-LIST MEMBER NOTICE: All members are invited to the Assassin's Creed: Revelations Launch Event in Toronto and Vancouver.
    Your visual and auditory invites are attached within.

Membership required for G-List area access, and member exclusive event perks.

We await your Wednesday arrival, FyreWulff. Request Mister L at the door for assistance.

-tsilonAI

and this image was attached:

NwgGX.jpg

It seems if you take that invite and hit at least level 10 on the website before going, you get free stuff. Strange thing is I got that email even though I indicated that I'm in the United States on their profile setup, but my Canadian friend is going and is going to report the spoils back to me.

If any of you PA guys are in the Vancouver or Toronto areas and have the time, you should check that out. I think it takes something like 10 minutes to get up to level 10, very easy Mario questions to answer.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    So take me back to Constantinople
    No, you can't go back to Constantinople
    Been a long time gone, Constantinople
    Why did Constantinople get the works?
    That's nobody's business but the Turks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC-FSEdPW-c

Bitch slapping for apples, it's how we Templars roll.

Gotta say my favorite MP personas are Renegade and Vanguard.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Oh, bearded Ezio is just so....

Rugged.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Meh.

So I'm finally replaying AssBro. I already beat it once on the PS3. I wanted to complete the Da Vinci Disappearance on the PC version since I had never bought it for the PS3.

I finished the DLC already (came much earlier than expected) but I decided to continue with the game and beat it again, attempting to get 100% synch.

I'm up to
    The Leonardo tank mission.

Fuck the 100% sync requirement for this one.

The two missions that gave me problems last time - Castello Crasher and
    Flying Machine 2.0

are done, and with 100% sync this time, but I have grave doubts about this one.

UGH.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    To cheese that mission, back up into the white wall as soon as you enter the final area. Stop right when it gives you the desync warning, the warning will persist but you won't actually desync. From this position you will be invisible to the tanks and you can pick at least one of them off easy, then just circle strafe the second.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Yeah just cheese the tank one. It's honestly not worth the gratifaction of doing it "correctly" given how long the mission is.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Ugh. I just tried three times. I'll try one more time. Sigh.

At least I'm a pro at running through the first half of the mission now,

The cannons are kind of a pain in the ass too. If you're not careful.

• Options
    Thanks guys! I cheesed it and it's done.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    You guys have way more patience than me. I never 100% any of the Assassin's creeds. I only every do stuff that leads to tangible rewards.
    On top of having no motivation, every time I start playing the post game I get sidetracked by something.

Usually a fight I started.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I've never 100%'d any game. Well, I got Burnout Paradise to about 99%, but then heard that the trophies wouldn't be retroactive after trying like hell to do it, and it killed my enthusiasm to do it for any game.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I've 1000/1000'd all of them so far. I just love them too much.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I 1000/1000 AC2, and will do AC1, AssBro and AssRevs all in a row at some point.

So with launch quickly approaching, I still havent played DaVinci DLC...how long would it take to comfortably complete? I don't want to rush it, but I think I'll have most of Saturday and Sunday to play vidja games before the launch. Think it could be completed (just the story plus any little metagames, like restoring the city was, I'll wait to achievement hunt) in about 6 hours?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote:
    I 1000/1000 AC2, and will do AC1, AssBro and AssRevs all in a row at some point.

So with launch quickly approaching, I still havent played DaVinci DLC...how long would it take to comfortably complete? I don't want to rush it, but I think I'll have most of Saturday and Sunday to play vidja games before the launch. Think it could be completed (just the story plus any little metagames, like restoring the city was, I'll wait to achievement hunt) in about 6 hours?

I'd like to know this too. I'll have all of Saturday evening and Sunday to play it.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    -Loki- wrote:
    I've never 100%'d any game. Well, I got Burnout Paradise to about 99%, but then heard that the trophies wouldn't be retroactive after trying like hell to do it, and it killed my enthusiasm to do it for any game.

cough prototype

and...

nah thats it really. guess i dont 100% many things.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    davinci DLC shouldn't take more than 6 hours to do. IIRC i think i did it in 4, but i rushed through a bit. also be sure to do all the DLC achievements (or most anyways) because they are some good ones in there

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:

I've uh, Platinumed a few games and I'll be platinuming AssRev (especially since the multiplayer trophies are actually reasonable this time around).

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Very frustrated at the retailer exclusives for this. It seems like Gamestop gets everything, and Amazon gets nothing?

Does anyone know if Gamestop do release date delivery?

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I've gotten release date delivery in the past, but have determined no rhyme nor reason behind whether it happens for a given title.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Revelations will be the first game I've bought from Gamestop in years, ever since they didn't give me my preorder bonus because it was "while supplies last".

I feel dirty buying from them.

This discussion has been closed.