As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Possible Games to be shown on the expo floor?

bushisprezbushisprez Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in PAX Archive
I'm pretty sure Rockstar Games has had a booth at Pax East each year. Do you think GTAV or Max Payne 3 are going to be shown :winky: ?
Will The Behemoth release BattleBlock Theater before PAX EAST? :rotate:

[x] Hotel booked
[x] Ride Booked
[x] 3-day Pass
Will be more prepared than ever for the show than the previous year. XP!!!!!
bushisprez on

• ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    Max Payne is supposed to drop before PAX (March 2012). If the ship date slips then they will probably have a playable demo on the floor. They also might have an extended trailer for GTAV, but I suspect that they will reserve the early build for E3.

Mass Effect 3 is coming out in March, so Bioware might show an early look of some DLC? It's way too early to predict these things.

1EAFQ.gif
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    East is in a weird spot for games. Most companies are still on the E3 demo completion cycle. So we will either get to see early previews of stuff before that, or improved things from the previous E3/PAX Prime

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    Don't forget, there are indie devs there too. Don't skip the small guys; they put out some quality stuff. At East 2011, I saw these guys with a platformer game that has you take pictures of items and you move the items around by repasting the pictures onto the landscape. Wish I remembered the name of it....

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    acumen101 wrote:
    Don't forget, there are indie devs there too. Don't skip the small guys; they put out some quality stuff. At East 2011, I saw these guys with a platformer game that has you take pictures of items and you move the items around by repasting the pictures onto the landscape. Wish I remembered the name of it....

Snapshot!

By Retro Affect. :)

• HuskyDorkHuskyDork Registered User regular
    Some game called Bioshock, probably. Apparently it's a big hit with the kids these days.

LQckybu.png
  • bushisprezbushisprez Registered User regular
    I can't wait for Fallen Frontier that Metroid/Bionic Commando hybrid game from an indy developer made from former employees from Bungie. I got a feeling that it failed or something but its likely still in development they didn't have an exact date.

[x] Hotel booked
    [x] Ride Booked
    [x] 3-day Pass
  • SoberChefSoberChef Registered User regular
    Well I can hope for the following: Halo 4, GTA 5, Borderlands 2, Bioshock: Infinite...yeah that would satisfy me just fine. I would say wait til the VGA's on the 10th of December to get a bit better feel for some more games to be announced for next year!

• RachelkittenRachelkitten PMS_KTN Broomfield, CORegistered User regular
    I'm kinda hoping for Valve to something with CS:GO.

Pax East 2012 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accomodations [X] Travel [X] Time Off [X]
    Twitter: KTNPWNS_PMS
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    I wonder if Uber Ent will be showing Super MNC.

• MalaMala CeciltuckyRegistered User regular
    The Secret World mmo should be in full force since its suppose to release a week or two after PAX East

I'm just hoping there will be a bigger showing of games and that there will be a bigger effort from SONY & Xbox & indy games to show their products in playable builds. I'm guessing bio ware will debut old republic expansion and have a daily line of people that could wrap around the death star 10x.
    Like after seeing the VGAs I would love to see Kojima experience PAX EAST and then naughty dog have a playable demo or presentation for the rest of us.
    Although The Last Guardian will probably have something ready to show loved the ICO & Shadow of Colossus games.
    GTA V and Counter Strike:GO or Half Life 3 will likely be their cause Rockstar and Valve seem to be regular attendees at PAX.

[x] Hotel booked
    [x] Ride Booked
    [x] 3-day Pass
    Now that I have an idea of the panels schedule. I could assume that Borderlands 2 or Aliens could be at a gearbox booth, Bioware could have Mass Effect 3 dlc or a new Dragon Age?, Boondock Saints obviously but probably not accessible by the public, Bioshock Infinite cause its out this year, Battleblock Theatre from Behemoth, probably some ps vita titles. Although my expectations for seeing blockbuster games at pax was shocked when I discovered mostly average titles and games that were more geared towards microsoft audiences. Hoping SONY has something good to show besides vita like last guardian, last of us, sly cooper, or STARHAWK!

I would love to see Darksiders II, ACIII, Borderlands II, Bioshock III, Farcry III, RE6.

[x] Hotel booked
    [x] Ride Booked
    [x] 3-day Pass