As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Give me [Snow] or give me death

mrt144mrt144 King of the NumbernamesRegistered User regular
edited November 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Snow season is almost upon us!

Does this
alaskan-snowboarding-1024-768-1937.jpg
get your dick hard/make you wet?

Does this
champann.jpg
look like your ideal Saturday afternoon?

Is this
FallSkiAdieBushGetty4.jpg
19snowboard_CA0-articleLarge.jpg
qa-whats-the-best-ski-and-snowboard-recovery-meal.jpg
how you spend most your time on the mountain?

So I just started snowboarding this year back in March and I am stoked out of my fucking mind for the upcoming season. I live in Seattle so I'm gonna be going to various places to see how they are, but where do you guys and gals go? How long have you been out there? Any of you ride share or interested in ride sharing?

Any Clown Gowns out there?
16748_1294362716953_1166877326_30952626_7529008_n-225x300.jpg

mrt144 on

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    If I could, I would punch snow right in the face.

Fucking snow.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtILxBszyf8

Finally we can show our appreciation for the greatest white rapper ever.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Snow makes me homesick when it happens elsewhere, as I grew up in Michigan, but now live near DC.

But when it happens here, I get about three hours of enjoyment and then realize snow sucks down here because it turns all these hillbillies into god damned maniacs.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    I used to ski every season in Vermont. It was love.
    Then I moved to Satan's asshole. It doesn't snow here just to prove a point. Last year, I remember it snowed in 49 states. Guess whose state it didn't snow in?
    Mine.
    Really? You couldn't figure that out from the subtext?

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Man do I love snow and winter and chilly weather and jackets and sweaters <3

Too bad we don't get snow down here.

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    So none of you snowboard or ski?

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I have never seen snow ever.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    I used to ski.

Then I realized I hate the cold.

Around the same time, snowboarding started to become mainstream, and I hate snowboarding and snowboarders. When snowboarding segregation ended and they were allowed on the slopes with the adults, it was time to quit.

It was an easy decision. Now I winter in warm places with exotic diseases. <3

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    bowen wrote:

Fucking snow.

Fuck snow.

mrt144 wrote:
    So none of you snowboard or ski?
    Would if I could but it doesn't so I don't.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I deal with piles of snow and ice twice a day on my walk to and from work during Winter.

Combined with a poor sense of balance, my interest in hurtling down a mountain of the stuff is pretty minimal.

I'm tempted to try, but only once my affairs are in order, next of kin has been notified and I've decided to kiss it all goodbye.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I used to ski so much.

Then one year none of my friends did, and now it was like 4 years ago I did it last time. I really want to go somewhere this winter, just need to badger the hell out of people to come with me and freeze all day while going really fast down a slope! I live closer to some of the nicer places to ski in sweden now as well, which is nice.

• SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    I'm not really a fan of snow since it collects on the ice and slows down my skating.

Minnesota pond hockey 4 life.

I live in the NY snowband where the great lakes take a giant shit on NY. I hate snow. It was cool as a kid to play in and get days off of school (hardly, we're so used to it drivers will drive in the blizzards) but then I grew up and realized getting up an hour early to clear 2 feet of snow off my car, chip through a layer of ice an inch thick encasing my car, and then warming it up is a bitch and a half. I'd rather be in Cali or something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Almost nothing compares to the feeling and excitement of snowboarding.

Skiing is vastly superior, clearly.
    This is not at ALL related to the fact that when I once tried snowboarding I ended up rolling down a slope for 5 minutes to get it over with. :)

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    evilbob wrote:

this makes me happy/sad for you

Happy because living the snow is awful. The WORST. Halfway through winter the snow gets all piled up in the corners of every parking lot and turns all black and disgusting. Cars never get washed. Scraping ice/snow off the windshield every morning suuucks. And walking/driving/existing in the snow is just horrible for any type of transportation and/or outdoor enjoyment away from a mountain.

But hitting the mountain and snowboarding is sooooo much fun. Love it and it somehow makes living in the snow worth it.

Too bad I haven't gone since my daughter was born two years ago. School+work+family = no time to board.

ObiFett on
    ObiFett wrote:
    evilbob wrote:

this makes me happy/sad for you

Happy because living the snow is awful. The WORST. Halfway through winter the snow gets all piled up in the corners of every parking lot and turns all black and disgusting. Cars never get washed. Scraping ice/snow off the windshield every morning suuucks. And walking/driving/existing in the snow is just horrible for any type of transportation and/or outdoor enjoyment away from a mountain.

But hitting the mountain and snowboarding is sooooo much fun. Love it and it somehow makes living in the snow worth it.

Too bad I haven't gone since my daughter was born two years ago. School+work+family = no time to board.

When shes old enough, you can make a family outing of it.

Oh we will.

However, my wife is unfortunately a Skier.

Choosing whether to teach our daughter on the superior board or the dumb sticks may be an issue...

ObiFett wrote:
    Oh we will.

Choosing whether to teach our daughter on the superior board or the dumb sticks may be an issue...

Do you want her to be an asshole when she grows up?

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    bowen wrote:

Fucking snow.

Fuck snow.

Snow is such a bitch

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Skoal Cat wrote:
    ObiFett wrote:
    Oh we will.

Yeah, it's definately that or teaching her to ski.

• adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Seriously though, the end of snowboarding segregation was a tragedy of the highest order.

I blame Obama.

adytum on
    Frozenzen wrote:
    Skoal Cat wrote:
    ObiFett wrote:
    Oh we will.

You are both horrible

adytum wrote:
    Seriously though, ending snowboarding segregation was a tragedy of the highest order.

I blame Obama.

I'll prove you wrong! I swear to god!

I chose snowboarding over skiing because I'd rather injure my wrists instead of my knees.

ObiFett wrote:
    Frozenzen wrote:
    Skoal Cat wrote:
    ObiFett wrote:
    Oh we will.

You are both horrible

Look at it this way; if she picks up skiing she'll be drinking wine by the time she's 10.

There is also the alternative of letting her choose, but what is the point of having children if you can't mold them into your own image for your amusement?

mrt144 wrote:
    adytum wrote:
    Seriously though, ending snowboarding segregation was a tragedy of the highest order.

I blame Obama.

I'll prove you wrong! I swear to god!

I chose snowboarding over skiing because I'd rather injure my wrists instead of my knees.

I snowboard only because I grew up wakeboarding. It was an easy transition.

• AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    The weather said it might snow today and fuck you, I am not ready for snow! I don't want winter yet!

I still have so much to do before I'm basically trapped inside because going anywhere involves an intense cardio workout. You have to budget so much more time to travel because walking means slipping around on the slushie snow. Driving is bad too cause it just takes one person to not know how to drive in snow to make everyone go so much slower. Put on your goddamn winter tires and drive normally what the hell is wrong with you!

Well, everyone driving somewhat slower is just common sense when it comes to heavy snowfall/icy roads. The annoying part is when you get some crazy person trying to drive like they do in summer and almost crashing.

I'm missing snow horribly at the moment, having a very late winter this year around here, just around 0 degrees and rainy around here right now.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:
    bowen wrote:

Fucking snow.

Fuck snow.

I wouldn't. That's a good way to get wang frostbite.

But seriously, after shovelling a metric fuckton of the cold white stuff, I am convinced the OP is a sadistic goose for having an ode to snow.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Fucking love snowboarding... bought all new gear last year.

http://www.wildcountryonline.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=231611!BURTO

This board with the V-Rocker was like sex. Never had I felt so comfortable on a snowboard before (and I've been boarding for 12 years)... then I fell and dislocated my elbow in mid february and ended my season really early. :(

It sucks because I feel apprehensive about getting back on the board. Every year prior I couldn't wait until first snowfall... now I just think about what it felt like to have my arm bend the wrong way. What do? :(

steam_sig.png
    Man up and get back on the board.

After a couple runs you'll forget all about dislocating your elbow.

Because you'll injure something else

I did both. I stopped snowboarding because skiing was just more fun for me. My last board though was the most amazing design ever.
    Snowboards+for+sale+033.JPG
    Its in a garage somewhere. I'll never sell it.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    What's this 'almost here' bullshit? I've been through two snowstorms so far this season. :) There's been several inches of snow on the ground for several weeks.

• Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote:
    Man up and get back on the board.

After a couple runs you'll forget all about dislocating your elbow.

Because you'll injure something else

LOL! Okay I laughed. Thank you for that.

steam_sig.png
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Screw both skiing and boarding.

snowmobile-02.jpg

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    A few weeks ago, we had this crazy thing where it was somehow raining and snowing at the same time.

edited November 2011
    Screw both skiing and boarding.
    snowmobile-02.jpg
    Those things will kill you

dangerous as hell

and this is coming from someone who rides dirtbikes

ObiFett on
    jothki wrote:
    A few weeks ago, we had this crazy thing where it was somehow raining and snowing at the same time.

Sleet. Still better than freezing rain.