As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The all new, terribly distressing dream thread!

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I have three types of flying dreams. The first is the superhero flying dream, where I can just jump into the air and fly like superman. It's pretty cool. The second is the winged flying dream, when i am either a bird or something else with wings which I use to fly. Can feel the wind resistance and everything, it's awesome. The third is the tease flying dream, where I can fly, but never get more than three inches off the ground. Flying three inches over gravel, rocks hitting you in the face, it SUCKS. Stupid tease flying dream.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    In my lucid dreams I've taken to just blowing up cars with various anime moves. I can spawn objects but if I try to move to a new location I wake up.

If I'm in the grey canyon(its a recurring location. Basically this gray plain area) though I'll fly a bit. Very exhilarating .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    I had a horrible night of nightmares last night. That is the first time in years that I can remember having them. The memory of them is really fuzzy but they would periodically wake me up and once I had awoken I would find my self in a drastically different position from when I nodded off and my sheets completely rearranged on my bed from my tossing and turning.

• E^(i Pi)+1=0E^(i Pi)+1=0 hellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    There's an annoying old lady I work with. One night I dreamed that I punched her so hard in the face that I made her blind.

E^(i Pi)+1=0 on
    Love me.
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Lucid flying dreams are the best

Although when I fly its kind of like a feather caught in an updraft, where I'll float up a bit and then swoop down, then float up again

Also my dream doesn't like it when I start lucid dreaming and I will get pulled down or caught in spider webs after a while. Then I wake up all disappointed.

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Last night I had a dream that my cat was very sick. She started puking and I bought her to the sink to puke into the sink. The vomit was very black and liquidy.

I turned down the water to wash to puke down the drain and the cat got under the water and laid down in the stream. All of her hair fell off and washed down the drain. Then she started talking and thanked me for running the water because that cured her of her sickness.

sig2.jpg
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    The only time I have flying dreams flying I do it by swimming through the air. Basically doggy paddling makes me go up the best. It's usually extremely difficult to do and I wake up.

sig2.jpg
  • UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    had a multistage anxiety/amputation/incest/vacation dream just now

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Ulises wrote:

kinky

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote:
    Ulises wrote:

kinky

and the cycle continues

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Last night I had a treasure hunting dream.

I was in an art gallery and by putting my foot on a button the ceiling lights dimmed and a small circular light built into the wall would change colour. I would have to remember and go over and push it because everything returned to normal when I took my foot of the button.

Doing this lit up keys on a piano and I was halfway done when a dude on my bowling team from five years ago turns up, mucks with the piano and I had to start all over again.

My dreams tend to have a recurring theme of cool stuff being sabotaged before they happen.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I've had several other dreams where I cheated on my girlfriend. One night she and I both had dreams that I cheated on her. And then her roommate had a dream that I cheated on her, with her roommate.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote:
    I had a horrible night of nightmares last night. That is the first time in years that I can remember having them. The memory of them is really fuzzy but they would periodically wake me up and once I had awoken I would find my self in a drastically different position from when I nodded off and my sheets completely rearranged on my bed from my tossing and turning.

blame this thread

SirToasty wrote:
    I've had several other dreams where I cheated on my girlfriend. One night she and I both had dreams that I cheated on her. And then her roommate had a dream that I cheated on her, with her roommate.

man how does that last one come up in conversation

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    SirToasty wrote:

man how does that last one come up in conversation

Sooo...you had a threesome to make their dreams come true right? right?

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I had a pretty crazy one last night.

Myself and my crew that I was in Iraq with were attending the Catholic school from my childhood, but we were all adults, in uniform, hanging out with these kids. Then the school came under attack and we had to fight them and stuff. And the fight just kept going on until I woke up.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I was really stressed last week so I had one of those teeth-falling-out dreams. I just kept pulling chunks of them out of my mouth for what felt like ten minutes.

The only consolation was that I was lucid enough to look at this mound of dentine in my hand and think "this is probably a dream because I don't even HAVE this many teeth".

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Man, I can't remember ever having a lucid dream. I feel like I'm missing out.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Didn't really want to start a new thread and felt right here was as good of anywhere to drop this. While standing on my front lawn, and gazing off into distance I had something happen that never has before. As I stood there trying to think through a cloud of depression that had fogged up my mind and listening to Anonymous Melody by ORG Lounge I for the first time was able to see the inherent beauty in the world with out the goggles of a scientific mind making that vision too "noisy and busy" with overly analytically thoughts about what I am seeing and how it worked.

I've always enjoyed beauty and the world around me but this was a strange epiphany that allowed me to just simply enjoy it with out a reason or having to know why what I was looking at, looked that way. Mindless enjoyment at its finest.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    You ever stood on your lawn?

You ever stood on your lawn... on weed?

edited November 2011
    No, but seriously
    Those are nice moments to have

edit: though for me the science behind things tends to make them more beautiful but to each his own

Grey Ghost on
    an entirely unscientific perception of the world is a hymn of collective madness and an entirely scientific approach is ant farming

nobody ever really does either though

people who deny science are still looking for answers even if the answer is a reason to stop asking

and scientists are some of the most beautiful poets

my worst nightmares are always just my subconscious coldly whispering vague, horrifying sentences to me that I completely believe while I stumble around an old house

"everyone you love is dead and they didn't think of you"

"you're going to start bleeding and that's how it's going to find you"

"your memories are vanishing and soon this will be all you can think of"

"you never existed before this moment"

Skull Man wrote:

I don't like this at all

oh god the first one I can remember

and I know it sounds stupid as fuck but it's the most abjectly scared I've ever been in a dream, and possibly in my entire life, including two really violent car crashes

"strange creatures that eat brains are in this house. You're getting older faster and faster because your body is dying as they eat your life.
    you don't get to have your whole life"

I think I was seven when I had that one

• GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    I hate having dreams where I'm running from some kind of terrible thing. The only way to describe it is a force. Not THE Force, just a force. It tends to lift me, move me, blow my eardrums out, and then cram me into dark places like very small closets or completely crushed cars.

Though, last night, I had a dream that I killed a bunch of evil summoners with a bow and arrows and I was all "Hey, Cultists. I think I killed your God-callers. You may wanna run now!" And I shot their Archbishop.

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    I'm cutting down bigtime on the weed, and I fear the dreams that may arise from this.

It was nightmares about my dead father that put me back on the weed wagon the last time...

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    Had a dream last night where I killed a man with a bow and arrow. Clean headshot on a moving target. Right after I did it, I instantly felt all the panic and guilt I would have felt in real life if I had done it. Then I woke up. Unsettling way to start your day.

sig_lambo.jpg
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    I had a dream that I was participating in some sort of race on one of those tracks for bicycles, except we had to use one of these weird skateboard things:

image0082.jpg

When the race finally ended, my family walked over to talk to me and took that opportunity to get some cooked chicken breasts from my aunt. I remember eating an entire chicken breast in two bites, but then I woke up feeling nauseous.

For some reason, I when I eat in my dreams it always makes me nauseous.

• the Professorthe Professor PONY ROMNEY DOES NOT CARE PONY ROMNEY WILL CUT YOUR FUNDINGRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    What does it mean when you have dreams in which you are beating your mother to death while your father stands by and laughs

I had them a time or two

the Professor on
    While yes I agree seeing the world through scientific thought and vision is beautiful it is nice to once and a while be able to look at a cloud and see it as a bunny or some other odd shape or just revel in the simplistic beauty of it and not instantly analyze it and what type of cloud it is and what it mean s in a meteorological seance. I lost my ability to just see things as pretty or be that kid who sees a starfish shaped cloud long, long ago. To far back for me to even remember.

I had one scary dream where I was taunted by this face.

It was mocking me because I couldn't move then I woke up and could move.

And the face was on my fucking ceiling.

It was sleep paralysis I guess but fuck. Thank god I was actually screaming my dog snapped me out of it.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I had a dream Thursday morning in which Jeff Goldblum's character from Law & Order was video chatting with Jules from Psych about a national serial killer.

As their discussion continued Jeff Goldblum realized an immediate threat and shouted, "Duck!" Suddenly both police departments were hit by a bomb explosion.

And than I woke up.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Sky BoxSky Box Registered User regular
    Hey, I have a disturbing dream. Well, I guess I have a lot? Nightmares and terrors are bad, but bring up ideas. In a way. Zombie-like creatures and giant mushrooms that emit a gas are common as well.

A vivid one which I had somewhat recently was quite disturbing. Going around the town with friends of friends, people I barely knew, who were apparently into very kinky things. Apparently, they were interested in strange sexual ceremonies with odd drawings and imagery in dank parts of town. Really quite uncomfortable, especially when you are there alone and whatnot. I didn't want to be rude, but I didn't think it would be the best to do that. I was kind of right, since I left for a moment and came back to see many people torn to shreds, the skeleton of a T-Rex sitting around, and a portal. Yeah. Pandemonium from there on out and I called on a good friend to try and get the survivors out of there. There was a copious amount of driving, throughout the dream, oftentimes I thought the driver would crash into the oncoming traffic. My good friend got there and was having someone take us to safety. Saw headlights too close for comfort, suddenly too close directly in front of us. My friend wasn't wearing a seat belt, and almost never wears one in real life. I tried to grab onto him at the last minute, but just knew it wouldn't help. Of course, woke up in horror right at the moment of impact.

Cue a month of seeing his mangled body in another person's windshield as I sit next to him in a car.
    Oh gods this post is so long.
    Whyyyy.
    I think the strangest thing of this all is that I can completely understand why I had that dream, although not why I had it at that time.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    Sorry about that.
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i don't usually hold with dream threads but last night i dreamed i was batman and i took calendar man skiing to try and rehabilitate him

i don't usually hold with dream threads but last night i dreamed i was batman and i took calendar man skiing to try and rehabilitate him

So you were silver age Batman.

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    i had an inception style dream last night
    i had a dream that i was getting a tooth put back in my mouth
    and the dentist's office was just his house
    i walk in, and he puts me under
    i have a dream within a dream about being upset at his job as my tooth kept falling out
    and then i woke up to the first dream, and he had been done with my tooth for a while apparently because he was banging his wife
    she got off him quickly and said
    'why do you keep them in here?'
    i got up quickly and left
    my tooth fell out, as i was rounding a street corner

i woke up

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    my worst nightmares are always just my subconscious coldly whispering vague, horrifying sentences to me that I completely believe while I stumble around an old house

"everyone you love is dead and they didn't think of you"

"your memories are vanishing and soon this will be all you can think of"

"you never existed before this moment"

is your real first name cassandra

last night I dreamed I was in this AMAZING sword fight

like full awesome period-appropriate costumes, I think we were brothers fighting a duel to the death because he had killed our father and was trying to seize the throne, except he was my half-brother because he was part demon

he cut off my arm and was like "you'll need a sharper blade than that to rule the kingdom"

and I said NO BLADE IS SHARPER THAN MY WILL and I cut him in half down the middle

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I just had this dream where I was using the fancy guest soap at someone's house and it started playing music really loudly. I was frantically trying to dry it off so it wouldn't wake everyone up, but I couldn't get it dry enough. I was actually getting very upset about it, and feeling really bad about both breaking their soap and making all that noise.

Turns out the music was the alarm on my phone, though.

ruby-red-sig.jpg