As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of the Five Rings

Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
edited August 2007 in Critical Failures
Since someone mentioned this card game and since while magic is good, it doesn't really sratch my itch, so I found this and liked it.

How does one get started? I looked over at wikipedia and the stuff is confusing. Is there a starter set of some sort? How does one get started?

Katchem_ash on

• moonscattermoonscatter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    do you have any linkies on it? i havent heard of it but then again i have avoided large scale card games since i got burned out on magic. so its been gloom, munchkin, more munchkin, lunch money, munchkin (you get the idea) for me.

moonscatter on
  • The Laughing ManThe Laughing Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    http://www.l5r.com/

The official website should tell you everything you need to know. They have Clan starter decks as well, I've never played it before but I had a girlfriend who did and she had a Crane deck.

The Laughing Man on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, I can't access that site at work, but the wikipedia link is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Five_Rings_Collectible_Card_Game

I am very intreged by this game and I hope tomorrow I can get a starter deck or two and try it out.

Katchem_ash on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, a thread I know something about.

Okay, first things first:

The new "base set"/arc is coming out next month (Samurai Edition), so you're probably going to want to focus on that. The two sets from the end of the Lotus arc that are mostly Samurai-legal will be "Rise of the Shogun" and "The Truest Test", so if you want something to focus on, try to get mostly those.

The Samurai Edition rulebook.

(If you can't get to the main site, I've tossed it up on a mirror here as well.)

The starters are definitely a good place to start, although I should point out that they're not fully playable right out of the box. They come with all the basics (Champions, Strongholds, Holdings, a couple copies of the staple common personalities), several random rares, and random commons & uncommons from that set.

If you want a couple of decks to start playing right away, but don't care about legality in a month, try looking for a copy of Training Grounds 2. It comes with a ready-to-play Crane and Dragon deck, and a set of rules to walk you through a game.

Um... well, give the rulebook a read-through, and if you have any questions, let me know.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited June 2007
    So I bought myself a number of booster packs and deck boxes for this. For $20 a pop on older booster boxes(since I will be playing with my friends and not in any offical tourney) I bought the whole stock. I have for now just opened one starter box with the unicorn and lion clans and haven't played yet. I also opened a Lion deck box (from hidden city) and a showdow land deck box (from Diamond Edition).

I think I shall make one deck for each clan if I have enough cards. I was sorry to say I couldn't find any Scorpion decks but for now, I will try with the starter and the shadowlands/lion decks and see how it goes.

Katchem_ash on
    edited June 2007
    So I played my first game. It was actually quite fun. I mean sure it was a starter deck and didn't contain the advance rules, but it was fun none the less. I am however confused because there isn't any rules, that I saw, that pertained to deck building. What are the rules?

Also I was confused by the use of personalities. I mean can you reall bring out two of the same personality? How can two people lead two different armies at the same time?

Otherwise, it was fun and I found more involving than magic cause you have to keep track of gold, honor and other things.

Katchem_ash on
    edited June 2007
    Ok, so looking at the sale stuff I got (seriously, 20 for a whole Booster Box? Sign me up) I got:

Winds of Change, Diamond Edition, Honor Bound, Dark Allies, Wrath of the Emperor, Forbidden Knowledge and Ambitions Debt. I also got a Mantis (Winds of Change) Deck, a Crab (Diamond Edition) Deck, A Crab (hidden City) Deck, A Crane (Diamond Edition) Deck and A Unicorn (Oni's Fury) Deck.

That should get me a pile of stuff to start with and enough to get some functioning decks of some clans going. I might have to search around to get a Scorpion Deck to have a base with as most of the seperate decks I got were to help build a foundation and get some cards going.

Katchem_ash on
    edited June 2007

Also I was confused by the use of personalities. I mean can you reall bring out two of the same personality? How can two people lead two different armies at the same time?

Think of them not being the same person, but a second person who's got the same style of personality, dojo training, etc.

Deck building:

Three copies of any specific card, except for uniques (you can only have one, by title, unless they have different Experienced levels).
    Stronghold, winds, and senseis don't count towards deck building.
    Dynasty and Fate decks must have at least 40 cards.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2007
    So can you have more than one stronghold or only one?

Also is it wise to build a deck with one family name in it? I am planing to make a Lion Matsu deck (got some good cards in the Winds of Change Booster Box, a couple of new Matsu's) as I found them interesting.

Is there a market for trading single or selling singles? Or is it not that widely used for L5R?

Katchem_ash on
    edited June 2007
    So can you have more than one stronghold or only one?

Only one. I mainly said the "don't count for deck-buildling" because they're not part of either decks, so they don't count towards the 40/40 minimum, even though they'll have a green or black back.
    Also is it wise to build a deck with one family name in it? I am planing to make a Lion Matsu deck (got some good cards in the Winds of Change Booster Box, a couple of new Matsu's) as I found them interesting.

Mechanically, the only card I can think of that plays off family names is Family Tactics, and that's pretty old. You might notice a general theme of personalities in a certain family, and they'll sometimes work together for a certain deck type (Utaku Battle Maidens, for example), but I'd worry about deck functionality first.
    Is there a market for trading single or selling singles? Or is it not that widely used for L5R?

It's definitely around. Old cards will often get re-printed or "Soul of.."'d, and it's usually cheaper to buy a old version of a specific card than a newer. Of course, if the card changed any, you use the MRP, and that's often a good reason to get the latest, so that you have it in front of you. In regards to buying singles, I usually get everything I need via DocAngst.com, and The Legendary Shop. There's also some good stores on eBay as well.

I don't do a whole lot of trading myself online (usually just locally), although there's a good site that I can't remember the name of at the moment. Will try to dig up the link.

On a unrelated note, this is the greatest chain of cards, ever.

Shout_of_Defiance.jpgShout_of_Challenge.jpg
    Shout_of_Victory.jpg

And, y'know, just for some spirit...

motivator_challenge.jpg

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2007
    So how does one go aquiring Strongholds? Buy the decks? I opened Winds of Change Deck box, and I didn't find a single stronghold. Which suprised me, sicne I assumed at least one would be there.

Also is it possible to get one whole set from a booster box or do you have to buy a couple to ge tthe whole set?

Katchem_ash on
    edited June 2007
    So how does one go aquiring Strongholds? Buy the decks? I opened Winds of Change Deck box, and I didn't find a single stronghold. Which suprised me, sicne I assumed at least one would be there.

...Okay, that's odd. What exactly did you open from Winds? Was it a booster box or a starter?

There were only three starters from WoC: Crab, Mantis, Ratling.

If it was a starter, it should look something like this:

woc1.jpg

A stronghold will *ONLY* come in the deck for a clan. They're never in boosters (there's a few exceptions, like the recent printing of a Hare stronghold, but that's not for the "normal" factions).

With these older starters, a copy of the stronghold will be printed on the back of the box.

woc2.jpg

Once you open up the starter, the stack on the right should have all the "fixed" stuff, like holdings, winds, and whatnot. On the top of the stack should be the stronghold for that box.

woc3.jpg

And yes, I just happened to have one sitting around on my shelf for this. :D And yes, I had to get a picture of UTZ! in there as well. Kumiko killing onis for the win.

Tell you what, tell me what clan you're looking to build, and I'll tell you where the strongholds for it are from.

Also note that usually only base sets (Gold Edition/Diamond/Lotus) will have the full rules. Expansions usually only had a rule sheet with errata/new rules on how something works/etc.
    Also is it possible to get one whole set from a booster box or do you have to buy a couple to ge tthe whole set?

If you're lucky, possibly, but probably not. There's probably more rares in the set than you have packs in the box. Plus, there's usually a few fixed cards that are only in the booster. (Usually a personality.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Sorry I should have made myself clearer. It was a Booster Box.

So I am supposed to get strongholds from Deck boxes and use them for my normal premade decks correct?

I have that deck, I picked it up for the Mantis because there wasn't any other Mantis decks available. So at least I am able to build a Mantis deck.

I am currently looking to have one deck for each clan. I might just start with the Matsu Lion Clan, as I have a 2 strongholds for them (forget the names, but its a picture of three lions in a column and the other is from the Storms over something starter pack).

I also have 2 unicorn strongholds, one from the starter with the lion, the other from Oni's fury set. I have 2 crab strongholds, one from diamond another from Hidden City, 1 before mentioned mantis one from Winds of Change and 1 Crane strong hold from Diamond.

I might just start with Unicorn and Lion just to test it out. I like some of the Unicorn personalities and I have the starter set and the deck to already choose a nice plie from with help of the Winds of Change booster box (I got a couple of good cards for most of the clans). For now, I might just plan a Matsu Lion deck.

Katchem_ash on
    edited June 2007
    So I am supposed to get strongholds from Deck boxes and use them for my normal premade decks correct?

Correct.
    I am currently looking to have one deck for each clan. I might just start with the Matsu Lion Clan, as I have a 2 strongholds for them (forget the names, but its a picture of three lions in a column and the other is from the Storms over something starter pack).

...Storms over Matsu Palace? Wow, that thing's pretty ancient. It's one of the old Learn to Play sets.

(The closest thing to a modern version of it would be Training Grounds 2. Try to find one, since it's got a full Crane and Dragon deck in it. There *was* going to be a new one, "The Dojo", for Samurai, with a mini-deck for each clan, but it turned out that it would've cost way too much to make. Thankfully, all the Samurai starter decks are going to be fixed and fully playable out of the box.)

But, man, it's been so long since I've really thought in that era. I wonder if I still have my old Crab deck.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lion kick ass, and Unicorn are for pansies.

Akinos on
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dragons man. RIDE THE DRAGON.

Steal men's souls, and make them your slaves! Well, they don't do that now, anyways...

Pb on
    edited July 2007
    I was futher building my deck and I came to realize I never asked this question. Can you attack with your characters alone or do you have to have followers?

Katchem_ash on
    edited July 2007
    I was futher building my deck and I came to realize I never asked this question. Can you attack with your characters alone or do you have to have followers?

Sure.

It doesn't *hurt* to have followers, since that protects you from some cards/abilities that work on personalities that have no attached cards (Peasant Vengeance, for instance), but they're not required.

If you think you're going to go up against a ranged attack-heavy deck, you may want them, since RA's have to target followers first unless they have a ability that lets them shoot the personality.

It really comes down to "would I rather be spending my gold on followers or more personalities?"

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I haven't played L5R since they changed the card backs (fuck the Olympic Committee, fuck them right in the ear) but typically you'd want followers on any personality of 3F or less, because 3F was the threshold at which all sorts of ranged attacks and kiho could fuck over a lone personality.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited July 2007
    PMAvers wrote: »

Sure.

It doesn't *hurt* to have followers, since that protects you from some cards/abilities that work on personalities that have no attached cards (Peasant Vengeance, for instance), but they're not required.

If you think you're going to go up against a ranged attack-heavy deck, you may want them, since RA's have to target followers first unless they have a ability that lets them shoot the personality.

It really comes down to "would I rather be spending my gold on followers or more personalities?"

Thanks for the info. Another sort of werid question, but how many personalities are allowed in a provice? I always thought it was one.

Katchem_ash on
    edited July 2007

Thanks for the info. Another sort of werid question, but how many personalities are allowed in a provice? I always thought it was one.

:?:

Okay, you're going to have to clarify. Do you mean "in a province", as in personalities/holdings you havn't bought yet?

If so, one. (There's a region that lets you have two in that specific province, Plains of Otosan Uchi, but that's a exception, and has a *hell* of a drawback if the province is destroyed.) Whenever a province doesn't hold a card, it's immediately re-filled with the top card from your Dynasty deck, face-down.

If the question was "How many personalities can assign to a battle at a specific province?", the answer is "As many as you want, unless there's a specific card effect limiting it."

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited July 2007

:?:

Okay, you're going to have to clarify. Do you mean "in a province", as in personalities/holdings you havn't bought yet?

If so, one. (There's a region that lets you have two in that specific province, Plains of Otosan Uchi, but that's a exception, and has a *hell* of a drawback if the province is destroyed.) Whenever a province doesn't hold a card, it's immediately re-filled with the top card from your Dynasty deck, face-down.

If the question was "How many personalities can assign to a battle at a specific province?", the answer is "As many as you want, unless there's a specific card effect limiting it."

Sorry, I meant holding. You buying holdings and you have space for 4 right? Once you bought them and place then in the holding area and then you buy a personality it is placed above the holding correct? So how many Personalities can be bought at one single holding? Its one right or can you have more?

Katchem_ash on
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ginawa is the man.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
    edited July 2007
    Sorry, I meant holding. You buying holdings and you have space for 4 right? Once you bought them and place then in the holding area and then you buy a personality it is placed above the holding correct? So how many Personalities can be bought at one single holding? Its one right or can you have more?

Okay, let's try to deconstruct this.

At the beginning of the game, you have four provinces. (There's a few exceptions, like Nezumi having three, or Spirit having five. But ignore them for now, since neither really matter.)

At the beginning of the game, you place a face-down card from the top of your Dynasty deck into each.

First off, you've got your Straighten Phase. Straighten everything that can now. (There may be some card effects that prevent things from straightening.)

During your Events phase, you turn these cards face-up, starting from left to right. Any event cards that are turned up resolve. Any regions that are revealed "slide up" and are attached to the province. Either way, after resolving either type of card, the province will be empty, and you place the top card of your dynasty deck in the province face-down.

Action Phase. You take any Limited/Open actions here (like attaching followers and items and whatnot).

Attack Phase. (Optional) If you attack, you attack now.

DYNASTY PHASE (I'm going to quote the Samurai Edition Rulebook, with my own annotations.)

During the Dynasty Phase, in any order you like and as many times as possible, you can bring face–up Holdings and Personalities into play from your Provinces.

Remember to refill your Provinces face–down once they become empty.

PAYING GOLD COSTS
    Your Stronghold and most Holdings can be bowed to produce an amount of Gold. Gold produced by a single source must all be spent to pay for one cost immediately. Extra Gold does not carry over to other purchases, but is taxed by the Empire (and disappears). However, multiple sources of Gold can be added together to pay a cost.

(Ed: So, since you have to bow the holding to produce gold, you can only use it once per turn to pay a gold cost. You can't bow again the same holding to produce gold again, unless you have some way of straightening it first.)

BUY HOLDINGS FROM PROVINCES
    Pay the Holding’s Gold cost. This will put the Holding into play in your “home” area. Holdings always enter play bowed, so that they cannot immediately pay for other things.

(Ed: So, once you buy the holding, it goes into your Home. It won't matter what province they're bought from, and you can have as many holdings in play as you want. There's no limit to the size of your Home.)

BUY PERSONALITIES FROM PROVINCES
    If your Family Honor is equal to or greater than the Honor Requirement of a face–up Personality in one of your Provinces, you may pay the Personality’s Gold Cost, and he or she enters play in your home. If your Family Honor is below a Personality’s Honor Requirement, you cannot bring the Personality into play at any time.

(Ed: Unless you're playing under Samurai Edition rules. The upcoming bullet point #3 will only apply to it, since it's a new rule. One of the reasons I like playing the "arcs" is because the card pools are designed around the rule-set. #3 actually allows Scorpion and anyone else playling towards "dishonor" victory to actually *play* the game instead of having to sit out if they get hit with a early honor loss, and all their personalities have a honor requirement. See: Lion.

So, when you buy a personality, they enter into play in your home.)

Personalities with your Clan keyword are aligned with your Clan. When you bring them into play during the Dynasty Phase, and only then, they follow three special rules:
    • You may bring into play a Personality aligned with your Clan paying 2 less Gold.
    • If you haven’t gained Honor this way during this Dynasty Phase, and aren’t choosing to pay the 2 less Gold, you may choose to gain Honor equal to your aligned Personality’s Personal Honor just before you bring him into play.
    • If your Family Honor doesn’t meet your aligned Personality’s Honor Requirement, you may still bring him into play paying 2 more Gold than normal. Together with the rules above, this means you may pay the full Gold Cost and not gain any Honor, or pay 2 more than the full Gold Cost and gain Honor.

Okay, so that was sorta general. I attempted to try to clarify and explain the entire process. Did that help any?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Yes thanks.

So If I bring a personality in, it goes in one of my homes right? Is there a limit to how many Personalities can corrispond to my homes or it open?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Katchem_ash on
    edited July 2007
    Yes thanks.

So If I bring a personality in, it goes in one of my homes right? Is there a limit to how many Personalities can corrispond to my homes or it open?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

S'ok. The whole "location" thing takes a little bit to grok usually.

From the rulebook:
    Home: The location in front of a player’s Provinces where cards normally enter play. When “home” describes a unit’s location (for example, “a unit at home” or “move the Personality home”) it normally refers to the unit’s controller’s home.

Location: An area holding cards in play. Battlefields and each player’s home are locations.

You only have one "home". Think of it as "a location for your cards that are in play, but not at a battlefield." You can have any number of cards at a location. When you send a unit to a battlefield, they're no longer at your Home location, but instead at the specific battlefield location. Some card effects may move your units Home (Refugees, f'erex), or to a Battlefield.

Why does it matter whether your personalities are at a battlefield or home?

The Rules of Presence and Location.

Rule of Presence:
    To legally take any Battle action, you must control a unit at the current battlefield.

So basically, to do something at a battlefield, you have to have someone there. Pretty straightforward. There are some cards that don't require presence, and they'll specifically say on them that they don't. Refugees, again, is the basic example.

Rule of Location: (A little bit more complex)
    Cards in units must be at the current battlefield to be legally targeted by a Battle Action; likewise, to legally take a Battle action from a card in a unit, the unit must be at the current battlefield.

So, basically, the unit that's taking the action and the target of the action must be at that battlefield. So I couldn't use a archer to shoot a unit sitting at a different battlefield, or have my duelist at home issue a duel to a enemy personality at the battle, UNLESS THE ABILITY SAYS YOU CAN. Card text trumps. For instance, there's a ranged attack reaction that lets me target a unit in the enemy's home instead of a personality at the battle.

Another Exception: Actions that say they can move a unit to the current battlefield are legal if Presence and Location will be satisfied with the unit there. In this case, choices about movement effects must then be made to satisfy both Presence and Location, if possible.

Example: An ability on one of your Personalities says “Battle: Target another Personality. Move the target to this battlefield.” This action is legal even if the target is outside the current battlefield, because the action can move him there. However, your Personality must still be at the current battlefield due to the Rule of Location, because the action comes from him and does not move him there.

Yes, a wall of text, but it's all sorta inter-connected. Does that help?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    One time I accidentally won an honor victory with Naga. It was glorious.

I had the other guy in a death spiral, but he was being stubborn. I forget what he was playing, but he was very good at replenishing things and voiding my ranged attacks (which were important to the deck). It eventually got to the point where I was killing several cards a turn in resolution, and was expecting a military victory (usually the only conceivable victory with Naga) in a few turns, then I noticed my honor counter had topped out.

laughingfuzzball on
    edited July 2007
    Yep. Thank you very much. I guess my first game will be on next saturday, so I will post here detailing how it does. Unicorn is my enemy and I am taking a Matsu deck. I will post the list when I get back to my home.

Katchem_ash on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Anyone mind giving me a break down or linking me to a site that gives a good break down on how the different clans play?

I read the Legend of the Five Rings books way back when, so I have a decent grasp of each clan's history, I'm just wondering how it translates to the actual game.

Inquisitor on
  • AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yep. Thank you very much. I guess my first game will be on next saturday, so I will post here detailing how it does. Unicorn is my enemy and I am taking a Matsu deck. I will post the list when I get back to my home.

Crush them! I am still convinced that Cavalry is a game breaking trait. It would be interesting if it were sprinkled throughout the clans, but an entire clan that doesn't have to worry about any pesky defenders getting in their way? :x

Akinos on
    edited July 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Anyone mind giving me a break down or linking me to a site that gives a good break down on how the different clans play?

I actually do plan on answering this question, by the way. Just have been busy with work and recuperating from getting curb-stomped at the Origins tourney.

*shakes fist* Frickin' Dragons and their dueling... Why wasn't I packing Crippling Cut? High House Dueling always reams me.

Probably going to generalize, though, since each clan can really field multiple types of deck.

Oh, and Calvary's not that bad if you can pin/chase them down. That was really one of Unicorn's weaknesses, since they always had trouble taking the last province. They just didn't have the actions to get them through that battle. That really changed when The Khol Wall arrived, and they got a bunch of personality support for it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited July 2007
    So, Samurai edition comes out this coming Monday.

I think I am going to pick up a starter pack for me and my friend. He likes Crane, I'm not entirely sure who I want to go for but I am currently leaning towards Mantis.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2007
    So, Samurai edition comes out this coming Wednesday.

Fixed.
    I think I am going to pick up a starter pack for me and my friend. He likes Crane, I'm not entirely sure who I want to go for but I am currently leaning towards Mantis.

Mantis, hell yeah! :mrgreen: A excellent choice.

But, yeah, I actually do plan on writing up that guide to how the different factions play. Just been *very* busy... but, I'd definitely recommend playing whatever clan you like. There's tons of different ways to play the same faction.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh, and Calvary's not that bad if you can pin/chase them down. That was really one of Unicorn's weaknesses, since they always had trouble taking the last province. They just didn't have the actions to get them through that battle. That really changed when The Khol Wall arrived, and they got a bunch of personality support for it.

Been a while since I've played, does that card effectively allow you to remove whatever badass defender the opponent is using and replace it with a weak utility personality that probably should never be in combat?

jothki on
    edited July 2007
    jothki wrote: »

Been a while since I've played, does that card effectively allow you to remove whatever badass defender the opponent is using and replace it with a weak utility personality that probably should never be in combat?

Why yes, yes it does. :winky:

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited July 2007
    So, Samurai edition comes out this coming Wednesday.

Fixed.

Doh!

Inquisitor on
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That's actually pretty good, if they can stick with the new date.

Any SWCCGers remember how long we waited for Death Star II? Reflections? The combi-card boxes?

laughingfuzzball on
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shout_of_Defiance.jpgShout_of_Challenge.jpg
    Shout_of_Victory.jpg

Better series of names for the cards

1.THIS
    2.IS
    3.SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ethan Smith on
    edited July 2007
    Nice! :lol:

Well, time to see if my local card store got in their shipment for this or not.

Inquisitor on
    edited July 2007
    I finished opening every last deck and booster box I had. Now its time to build a deck. I was thinking a Matsu deck and will post the deck list sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I think I could build a couple of deck especially since I found a couple of strongholds in a couple of booster packs. Dragon and Scorpion I think. YAY!

Katchem_ash on