As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyrim: Nothing is so cute I can't brutally murder it.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    also I dunno how many people in this thread haven't actually purchased Skyrim yet but we're gonna give a copy of it away so when those contest details go up I guess I'll just put them here

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Morrowind had a lot of mechanics issues and stuff that got resolved in Oblivion

This game is better than Oblivion is basically every way, but comparing it to Morrowind is kind of a stretch.

sig2.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    'I wouldn't make fun of him if he would just kiss me'

goddamn girl, you like 8

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I keep feeling like I must have done loads of this game but then I remember I've only joined one guild and seen half the cities and not found any daedra shrines or dwemer ruins and not touched any war stuff. And apparently the main quest branches? I'm actually starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by the amount of shit to do everywhere.

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    where is the bard college

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I stole a flower from Anise's cabin and she apparently hired like, 6 people to kill me for it.

stupid hermit bitch i am going to light her on fire

Kusuguttai wrote:

'view on map'

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Solitude, Kusu

Wanderers like you should look into it

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:

New York

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote:
    also I dunno how many people in this thread haven't actually purchased Skyrim yet but we're gonna give a copy of it away so when those contest details go up I guess I'll just put them here

sweet I like free stuff

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Is the whiterun blacksmith-type shop the best place to buy ore and ingots? Seems like I can get like 5-10 iron ingots out of them every couple days, which is decent but kind of annoying. I just want to buy in bulk and make daggers for daaaayyys.

My weapons are now all Superior, have a dwarven bow, sword, and dagger, and an elven shield. Ended up tossing the enchanted weapons I had because even with their damage bonuses they were coming in at like 10 damage under what my forged weapons were doing.

Dark Brotherhood seems like the best light armor you can get until you're pretty high on the smithing tree, which is awesome because free awesome armor, but I want to make my own awesome armor.

• SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    So I kinda want this but don't have the money. Any place it's on sale at?

I don't think I've encountered a bard I didn't hate or fuck over somehow

Kusuguttai wrote:

Solitude.

Their initiation quest seems awesome, I just got it late last night. You have to go find the ancient, lost verse of a poem buried with a king in his crypt. I'm hoping it turns into a bigger questline.

sig2.jpg
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    practice, man, practice

wait, wrong setup

• gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    Holy shit. Marked for Death. Yes plz.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote:
    Alright I grabbed this from RedBox. Starting it now; let's see how long until I get bored

(I hope I get bored 'cause AssRev is tomorrow)

Turns out it was about an hour and a half

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote:
    So I kinda want this but don't have the money. Any place it's on sale at?
    T4CT wrote:

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    gazamc wrote:

I thought it was awesome at first but I've hardly used it except in Really Tough Fights. Even then I'm still more prone to breathing fire or screaming them 50 yards back.

gazamc wrote:

If you can tell me what stats this effects I would love you forever. I lose using it on weaker shit but I don't know if it actually has an effect on dragons and stuff

sig2.jpg
    can I sell my goddamn horse? like, I feel like I sort of bought it cause I was like 'oh hey, I can afford a horse' but it is a pain in the ass and gets in my way when I'm fighting things

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    hey guys let's make a list of awesome questlines and i'll put them in the op

here, i'll start
    dark brotherhood, started in: winterhold
    thieves' guild, started in: riften
    main quest (surprisingly! i recant my earlier complaints)
    hangover quest, started in: whiterun
    rescue the nord from the imperials, started in: WhiteRun

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote:
    Morrowind had a lot of mechanics issues and stuff that got resolved in Oblivion

This game is better than Oblivion is basically every way, but comparing it to Morrowind is kind of a stretch.

Well I liked the world of Morrowind so much better than Oblivion, with the Dwemer ruins and stuff like that.

• gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    FirmSkater wrote:
    gazamc wrote:

If you can tell me what stats this effects I would love you forever. I lose using it on weaker shit but I don't know if it actually has an effect on dragons and stuff

Well I got it whilst fighting a dragon at the wall and shouted it directly at him. It maybe took 4 or so blows from my Legendary Ebony sword to kill him. Usually it takes a good few more than that.

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    The NPCs comment on what you're wearing? That's pretty awesome. I know Arcanum's characters did, but that wasn't voiced. And I know a couple of Alpha Protocol scenarios had the dialogue addressing what you were wearing, but... well. That was Alpha Protocol.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Question: If I'm in the middle of fucking nowhere and there's a nobleman who's stupid enough to be walking alone and I decide that I want his things, will killing him create a psychic link with the guards in the nearest town telling them of my misdeeds?

probably not, and definitely not if you are sneaking and you snipe him.

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    I have to say, the amount of voice acting in this game is... staggering.

mrsatansig.png
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Just put a pot over his head while you stab him and everything will be fine.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    the horse mechanic is kind of annoying

if you dismount near an enemy the horse will run in and attack
    if you dismount anywhere else the horse immediately starts wandering off

i hope it gets patched/modded/fixed in TES6

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

Meiz wrote:
    Question: If I'm in the middle of fucking nowhere and there's a nobleman who's stupid enough to be walking alone and I decide that I want his things, will killing him create a psychic link with the guards in the nearest town telling them of my misdeeds?

Killing him and/or any witnesses should clear any bounty you get from attacking and/or killing him

sig2.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Sometimes I accidentally hit crouch while in town and people laugh at me for being shitty at sneaking.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Wow, Wolfskull Cave was a ridiculously cool place. And had one of the hardest fights I've had so far, aside from things like, "Hey, this one beast is attacking you but can kill you in three (sometimes two if they get an execution) hits."

Hey Orik (and anyone that has started the Thieves' Guild stuff
    how much did you love the two dudes standing at the entrance to the ratway that you kill on your way to the flagon? I don't know if you listened to their conversation, but they have this whole plan they are concocting against the guild, and there is this whole conversation that, mechanics wise means nothing. It's just a way to immerse you into the game, because you kill them two seconds later. But boy does it work wonders. There is shit like that all over the place, just people acting like they are part of a greater world and it doesn't really effect you except that it makes everything seem alive.

I accidentally killed a peddler and it wasn't until I killed his horse that I got the message that my bounty was cleared from killing the last witness

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2011
    Langly wrote:
    how much did you love the two dudes standing at the entrance to the ratway that you kill on your way to the flagon? I don't know if you listened to their conversation, but they have this whole plan they are concocting against the guild, and there is this whole conversation that, mechanics wise means nothing. It's just a way to immerse you into the game, because you kill them two seconds later. But boy does it work wonders. There is shit like that all over the place, just people acting like they are part of a greater world and it doesn't really effect you except that it makes everything seem alive.

yeah! shit like this is one of the main reasons i always sneak around in games - if you tromp around in heavy armor, chances are they hear you and stop talking.

i had a similar thing in the last quest for the DB -
    there are two guards on the Emperor's boat talking about how nice it is to be able to relax after destroying the dark brotherhood.

They got arrows in the back.

actually, that quest was really awesome for another reason.
    i played it as vengefully as possible, so i snuck around and murdered every fuckin' person on that boat without being seen.

family, bitch.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Then I think I'll be getting this game. I never liked loss of immersion when something that makes sense isn't happening.

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:

Yes! I think that's what I like the most about this game. Bethesda wasn't afraid to put the extra effort into what is basically some throw-away stuff.

mrsatansig.png
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Hey dudes, is it possible to join the Vigil of Stendarr? Because those dudes seem interesting. All dealin' out the harshest kind of tough love.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    fuck these weird blind cave elves

This discussion has been closed.