As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

10 Things I Hate About Youtube

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    death is welcome

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Well then I reneg! You're not getting death, I'll give you long and healthy life!

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    what did i do to deserve that

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7GRabE9NNg

This lady needs to be the keynote speaker at the next PAX.

wow this is great

• E^(i Pi)+1=0E^(i Pi)+1=0 hellRegistered User regular
    Love me.
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So saw these guys yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8SbsUa4sqA

It was a good show! Much more raucous and punk-ish than I'd expected. But I had virtually no knowledge of the band beforehand, so who knows what on earth my expectations were.

This seems to be what happens to everyone that sees Two Gallants, including myself. I had no idea who they were when I saw them open for the the Decemberists and ended up buying every album from the table on the way out of the gig. They're a really great live act and make a hell of a racket considering there's only the two of them.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Well then I reneg! You're not getting death, I'll give you long and healthy life!
    Antimatter wrote: »
    what did i do to deserve that

Mum! Dad! Stop fighting!

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So I am love with the Drive soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY&ob=av2e

edited November 2011
    That was pretty good!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

One thing I absolutely adored in Drive was the font and colour used for the opening credits. Glitzy, glamourous, hot pink 80s style lettering for a film so grim and gruesome.

Drive-opening-credits.jpg

• nefyavenefyave Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote:
    One thing I absolutely adored in Drive was the font and colour used for the opening credits. Glitzy, glamourous, hot pink 80s style lettering for a film so grim and gruesome.

Drive-opening-credits.jpg

Drive was awesome in every way possible. Best movie ive seen in quite a while.

bannerpa.jpg
    edited November 2011
    Yes. That is a guy answer!

You don't know how DEEP this runs with us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DQv2GxFHt4&feature=related

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    nefyave wrote:

pretty much

• ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Yes. That is a guy answer!

You don't know how DEEP this runs with us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DQv2GxFHt4&feature=related

Goatmon, would you play keyboard and rescue kittens for it?

EyQGd.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The best Hitler yelling dub is the League of Legends one.

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote:
    nefyave wrote:

pretty much

My only complaint is the reuse of the Social Network music. It's a personal thing, it was jarring and took me out of the movie when I recognized it. One of my pet peeves actually. Especially worse for Drive as the rest of the soundtrack was very coherent and robust, and its use of licensed songs was spot on, tonally.

Other than that; sublime.

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlhaJF5Afw

I can't really add anything to this.

Falx on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    what

the

fuck

• Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I am not surprised at all that the Shiny Ponyta kid listens to Sum 41.

Good Looking Fat Guy on
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    dude needs to lay off the amphetamines.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I hope his final line before it cut off was "and finally time to move on to a new hobby."

• E^(i Pi)+1=0E^(i Pi)+1=0 hellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    My Shiny is way bigger than that kid's...

E^(i Pi)+1=0 on
    Love me.
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular

Damn near his entire channel is filled with videos of him doing this. Holy shit.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Fake. You're not allowed to use songs with profanity in them.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Drive might be my favourite movie of the year

my Dad hated it

all bitching about the writing and the plot, called Ryan Gosling a terrible actor

I do not think he got what that movie was doing

edited November 2011
    Fake. You're not allowed to use songs with profanity in them.

Yes indeed it is the fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGnWXLkawkA

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Ignore numbers, that was delightful.

EyQGd.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Xehalus on
    edited November 2011
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    #pipe wrote:
    nefyave wrote:

pretty much

My only complaint is the reuse of the Social Network music. It's a personal thing, it was jarring and took me out of the movie when I recognized it. One of my pet peeves actually. Especially worse for Drive as the rest of the soundtrack was very coherent and robust, and its use of licensed songs was spot on, tonally.

Other than that; sublime.

Funny thing, music from the Social Network was only used in very early prints of the film, almost as placeholders. I'm glad my cinema didn't have one of these prints.

Gatsby on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    cross-postin' from the book thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9a5V9ODuY

the books were actually pretty fun, so, I'm interested!

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote:

my Dad hated it

all bitching about the writing and the plot, called Ryan Gosling a terrible actor

Moderate spoilers
    When someone told me they hated it, it was because of the idealizing of a the strong, silent male protagonist, sacrificing himself for a girl, and I guess gave little agency to the female lead. While I did identify the role that Gosling was playing, I didn't see any reason to have a problem with it. It'd be pretty great if there were more movies with strong female leads, but that doesn't make me enjoy a movie like this any less for it.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
    Septus wrote: »
    YaYa wrote:

my Dad hated it

Moderate spoilers
    When someone told me they hated it, it was because of the idealizing of a the strong, silent male protagonist, sacrificing himself for a girl, and I guess gave little agency to the female lead. While I did identify the role that Gosling was playing, I didn't see any reason to have a problem with it. It'd be pretty great if there were more movies with strong female leads, but that doesn't make me enjoy a movie like this any less for it.

Spoilers as well
    I wouldn't say it idealised his character at all, personally. I felt like they stressed that the Driver was this psychotic, near-emotionless shell and that thew few words he spoke just added strength to the meaning behind each one. I found it refreshing that they showed Gosling's character to be gruesome, brutal, savage and disturbed in so many ways. I also thought that Mulligan's performance conveyed a very subtle, yet strong persona. She didn't necessarily go running back into his arms, she was truly horrified like any normal person at the head stomping scene, and you could see she never wanted to really be with him afterwards except maybe say a proper goodbye.

I know after Hunger Games comes out I will never be able to talk to someone about Battle Royale without them writing it off as a Hunger Game rip off. It already happens but it's just going to get worse after the movie comes out.

Still looking forward to it, looks awesome.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    MrDapper wrote:
    I know after Hunger Games comes out I will never be able to talk to someone about Battle Royale without them writing it off as a Hunger Game rip off. It already happens but it's just going to get worse after the movie comes out.

Wait, what? But that's dumb.

I haven't read this, but Battle Royale is just so good that I'm a little skeptical about it. I mean, it might be good, but there's no way it'll be Battle Royale good.

Is that fair? Nah. But I'mma think it anyway.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    YaYa wrote: »

my Dad hated it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay9QMnrLWTo

Goddammit Gosling, why you gotta make me all insecure-like.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote:

Wait, what? But that's dumb.

I haven't read this, but Battle Royale is just so good that I'm a little skeptical about it. I mean, it might be good, but there's no way it'll be Battle Royale good.

Is that fair? Nah. But I'mma think it anyway.

Clearly they're both ripping off The Condemned.

Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.