As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Reveal Some Asses (ASSREV THREAD) [NSFTEMPLARS]

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    What the fuck, the game is insisting I install the first Assassin's Creed game from the AssRevel disc before it'll let me launch AssRevel. I knew you couold get the first game with it, but I assumed that would be a download code, not something I'd get with a rental. I wonder if it'll launch from the XMB on it's own after I'm done with AssRevel.

Not that I'd ever play that bowl of bum gravy ever again.

ZD98Zka.png
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote:
    I need to play those games at some point but there's always something that takes priority.

Like yesterday I went most of the way through Portal 1 and it was the first time.

Whaaaaaaaaaat

mrsatansig.png
    Wait, shit, I didn't need to install it.

ZD98Zka.png
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote:
    I need to play those games at some point but there's always something that takes priority.

Like yesterday I went most of the way through Portal 1 and it was the first time.

Whaaaaaaaaaat

Yeah, I know!

I was kinda surprised to find that the whole cake thing is actually pretty funny!

sig.gif
    Basically this is me:

cutting_edge.png

sig.gif
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    This will most likely be sitting in my mailbox in a couple hours.

lfYVHTd.png
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    So in relation to the prior ACs

Is Brotherhood much of an improvement over 2? I just finished the latter and I'm considering installing the former, but I might take a bit of a break if it's very samey

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    The consensus seems to be that Bro is the best in the series (now seemingly also including Rev).

sig.gif
    Bro is slightly better than 2, but if you've just played AC2, it'll feel like more of an expansion pack. And the plot doesn't advance at all until the final cutscene. Playing it a year after AC2 felt OK though.

ZD98Zka.png
    Hmm, fair enough. Thanks. Might hold off on trying it out, pick it up when it'll be a bit more fresh

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    assbro blows the other 2 out of the water

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Wait what?

How can brotherhood be better than Rev already?

lfYVHTd.png
    Going purely by review scores so far, and keep in mind there isn't a huge sample of them yet, Rev is worse than AC1.

sig.gif
    I thought that was your opinion on the matter and I was like "This dude couldn't have even played it for more than an hour"

lfYVHTd.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I find it hard to believe Rev is worse than AC1

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    Nah I haven't played any ACs, I'm just going by what critics and the general buzz says.

Also the situation now is much different than it was in 2007. AC1 had considerable hype behind it and that inflated its scores somewhat. Comparatively, Rev has little hype but higher expectations, which can only hurt it.

sig.gif
    Inflate deez scores

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah I really doubt it is worse than AC1

even if they didn't change anything other than Ezio's age and the city it takes place in, it would be better than AC1

CYpGAPn.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Gonna pick this up this afternoon.

Oh my word this Tower Defence game is even worse than the Eurogamer review let on. It is steaming pile of shit soaked in the blood of an AIDS infected bum rapist. Why the fuck would they even consider putting this in an AC game?

ZD98Zka.png
    Will this hell never end? I think I have been playing this minigame for about 4 hours.

ZD98Zka.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    Hmm, fair enough. Thanks. Might hold off on trying it out, pick it up when it'll be a bit more fresh

stab

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Gunna get this today. Not sure how much I'll play since Skyrim, but yeah.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I pray that that Tower Defence game is never a part of the game again, other than as an optional minigame. It is the worst fucking thing.

ZD98Zka.png
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    So in relation to the prior ACs

Is Brotherhood much of an improvement over 2? I just finished the latter and I'm considering installing the former, but I might take a bit of a break if it's very samey

The multiplayer in Brotherhood is seriously underrated. I have not met a single person who's played it and didn't love it. It's fucking fantastic.

mrsatansig.png
    Is it bad because you hate Tower Defense or because it's bad Tower Defense?

lfYVHTd.png
    Damn. My quote button doesn't work. Already cleared the cache and everything.

lfYVHTd.png
    Is it bad because you hate Tower Defense or because it's bad Tower Defense?

I can't ever say I've really liked Tower Defence, but I can't remember playing one this bad. And definitely not in the middle of a big budget PS3 action adventure game.

ZD98Zka.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    This game had like the weirdest pre-order bonus.

3-D glasses, yay?

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Reviews of this seem to be saying that while it's still pretty good it's not as good as AC2 and Brotherhood.

Still gonna get this at some point though, cause I love me some AC.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I've only beaten the first sequence so far and it took a while because I keep having to stop and do other stuff. I'm digging it (some of the kills are brutal)

But is anyone else having problems with the climbing? Maybe it's because the last two games I played were Arkham City and Uncharted 3, which both have similar but slightly different systems for climbing stuff, but I've been missing a lot of jumps or have to stop before he'll continue climbing. I didn't have any problems like this in AssBro

also I guess put me in the OP for 360 players; gamertag is A Tiny Dinosaur

I most likely won't touch the multiplayer until after I beat the campaign though

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Ashcraft wrote:
    It is steaming pile of shit soaked in the blood of an AIDS infected bum rapist.

Your wit is as sharp as the assassino's (assassin's) hidden blade

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    Reviews of this seem to be saying that while it's still pretty good it's not as good as AC2 and Brotherhood.

Still gonna get this at some point though, cause I love me some AC.

Seriously, think of AssRev as the Black Ops, or better yet, the World at War, of the Assassin's Creed franchise.

These games are annual now, so every other one is bound to be a bit lax. And we all know this was a holdoff to keep the ball rolling while Creed 3 is made (from what I've been hearing, Victorian Era France is the setting, so an extra level of development because of the non-transferable assets and mechanics)

They need to pump out these games quick so they can tell the story before the world ends in 2012.

Keith wants to live beside the ocean, leave the world behind, and watch the world die

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    but what about the breakers, corporate logo?

7656367.jpg
    just as long as I have my thrift store chair

I always forget about the breakers

c9PXgFo.jpg
    Rolo wrote:
    Edcrab wrote:

stab

Sorry no that function is context-sensitive you have thrown yourself off a building to your death

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    They need to pump out these games quick so they can tell the story before the world ends in 2012.

Apparently they have said they intend to finish the current storyline by December 2012 because they want to keep the timeline consistent with our own

So yeah

There's gonna be AC3 next year

This discussion has been closed.