As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] PAX Roomshare Thread

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in PAX Archive
Do not use this thread for hotel discussion.

ROOM SHARE Thread

It's that time again. If you're looking to share space you have or looking to join in somebody else's space, this is the place to post about it.

If you have a hotel room and want to fill space, use this format:

--

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:
Total Cost:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Number of Spots Available:
My Gender
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:

----

If you are looking for a place to sleep, use this format:

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes:

---

Please reserve this thread for its intended purpose only, and do not make use of increased text sizes to draw attention to your post.
Any posts making use of large text will be infracted.

Additionally, this thread is for room-sharing. This is not the trade-room-space-for-passes thread. Anybody caught trying to trade hotel space for a pass will be infracted and their post will be deleted.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
SmallLady on

• ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, 4/5
    Date Leaving: Monday, 4/9
    Spots Needed: 1.
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Either, don't really care. we're all there for the same reason right? :]
    Best Contact Method: PM, or e-mail. mol.jason@gmail.com

Additional Notes: Went to my first PAX last year all the way from Michigan and met some great people last year. looking forward to doing it again! i'm a pretty flexible guy when it comes to sleeping arrangements - last year I rocked the floor at the Intercontinental. No drugs/drinking/smoking or any of that to worry about either. Unfortunately, I just can't justify spending as much money as they want for a hotel room for just myself, so room sharing is always fun. Looking forward to it, so contact me.

update 11/27/11: still searching.

Update 2 1/10/12: I have found a room for Thursday, 4/5 to Sunday, 4/9. However, looking at flight tickets [which i haven't reserved yet], the only Return flights home appear to be extremely early departures sunday. :/ If there were a flight leaving later, I'd be okay.
    However, ideally, someone has a spot they can let me sleep Sunday night, for one night? Would be much appreciated. Contact me?

ottoman673 on
    PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • ColdguyColdguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Weston
    Total Cost: $775 (whole room will be spit depending on amount of people)
    Date Arriving: 4/5
    Date Leaving: 4/8
    Number of Spots Available: 7-8
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method:Email therealcoldguy at gmail dot com

This is a quad room over at the Weston (that hotel connected right next to the BCEC) as of right now may be having myself and three others come along with, looking for additional people if:

a) one to all of them can not go
    b) to lower overall costs to split a large room
    c) I like to save money :D

The room cap will either be 6 or 7 however for the most update information please email me at the address listed above. Room is going to be a chill room where no wild parties to be had, no drug use, everyone respects each other mentality. If you are a person that likes a quiet place to rest your head after partying over at the con this is the place to do it. Emails will be responded to between 24 and 48 hours with a first come first serve, I work long hours so if you do not get a reply right away just chill and let me get home first. Please feel free to ask me any questions via email. Thank you and hope to see you next year.

UPDATERoommates that were once confirmed have bailed out, I now have a large with with currently no one occupying it. Email me ASAP if you are still interested.

UPDATE 2It appears we are all full here. However if someone drops out at the last minute I will update this here.

UPDATE 3 I don't have room open in mine BUT I have someone with one spot open with a PAX badge with it for under $300 here are the Details

Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
    407 Squire Road
    Revere, MA, US 02151

Email me and I will share his contact info. First come first serve.

Coldguy on
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Space found!

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, April 5
    Date Leaving: Monday, April 9 (at the latest. I am also okay with leaving Sunday night, depending on the hotel situation.)
    Spots Needed: 1
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: Non-issue, provided you're not going to get all creepy-mcdeeky on me
    Best Contact Method: PM

Additional Notes:
    I will be 27 by the time PAX East happens.
    I have no problem being in a room with a lot of people to help cut costs. I also have no problem sharing a bed with another female (I have been known to sleep on a coffee table when there was a lack of bed-space, too). I would like somewhere relatively low-key to rest my head. I do not like smoking or illegal drugs of any kind.
    I would prefer space in a Westin room with Seaport being my second choice.

TabooPhantasy on
    ~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • remixdeusremixdeus Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 4/5/11 (Thurs)
    Date Leaving: 4/8/11 (Sun)
    Spots Needed: 3
    My Gender: All male
    Best Contact Method: PM or email at jtsai13@g.holycross.edu.

Additional Notes: We prefer Westin, Seaport would be a 2nd choice.
    I myself went to Pax Prime over the summer. This would be the second time for me.
    The other two are having their first PAX at PAX Boston. We are all classmates in college.
    We do not smoke/do drugs/drink liberally. We are looking to split costs and are pretty flexible (the other two have sleeping bags).
    Lemme know as soon as possible! Really am excited to going to my 2nd PAX!!

• AgentofMaliceAgentofMalice Registered User new member
    edited November 2011
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday April 5th
    Date Leaving: Sunday April 8th
    Spots Needed: 1, it's just me
    Your Gender: Either, or a mix of both, I don't care
    Best Contact Method: email: Agent.Four4@yahoo.com

Additional Notes: This is my first PAX, but not my first Con. I'll take the floor, anywhere I can just lay down. I don't smoke, I don't care if you do smoke. I may drink a bit if there is alcohol present, but I won't go out of my way to drink excessively, I am 23. I can't wait to attend!!

AgentofMalice on
  • DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: 4/9
    Your Gender: Does not matter
    Best Contact Method: difission@gmail.com

Additional Notes: 28 years old. First PAX East, but 4th PAX overall. Willing to take any and all sleeping areas (Sleep be sleep) but wanting to stay somewhere within walking distance of the convention center (will pay extra for Westin), as I'm unfamiliar to Boston compared to Seattle. Not a drinker, smoker, anything else, and would love a room to be able to just come back and just sleep / relax and that's it. Thanks to everyone who gives me a shout, and have a wonderful PAX East everybody!

Money has gotten too tight and am gonna pass up on east to save up for prime. You guys have fun!

Diffusion on
    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • DarkIDefenderDarkIDefender Registered User new member
    edited December 2011
    NEED SPACE:

Your Gender: It doesn't really matter to me
    Best Contact Method: thejakebaker@att.net, pm

Additional Notes: I am 18 years old, will be 19 on 4/7. So it'd be a sweet birthday present to let me stay with someone and share the hefty hotel price with you. This will be my first PAX ever and I'm very excited. I'd be willing to sleep anywhere because I can fall asleep anywhere. I'm willing to walk to PAX or share a cab if it's pretty far. I don't snore, I believe I'm a quite sleeper. Thank you for your consideration!

No need anymore

DarkIDefender on
  • Doc RogersDoc Rogers Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Your Gender: No preference.

Best Contact Method: Twitter @Doc_Rogers

Doc Rogers on
  • LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I just bit the bullet and got my own room at the Radisson. :)
    So Space found <3

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • mrurthmrurth Registered User new member
    edited November 2011
    Space found.

mrurth on
  • FearlessTeacherFearlessTeacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    HAVE SPACE:

Date Arriving: 05 April 2012
    Date Leaving: 09 April 2012
    Spots Needed: One Maybe two
    Best Contact Method: email: gillja6@yahoo.com

Additional Notes: It's my first PAX East. Same as most everybody else I'm looking to split as many costs as possible and have fun at PAX East.

FearlessTeacher on
  • cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    HAVE SPACE:

Hotel: Westin
    Date Arriving: 05 April 2012
    Date Leaving: 09 April 2012
    Spots Needed: One or two
    Best Contact Method: email: rehbdan@iit.edu

Additional Notes: I usually share a hotel room with my brother but he can't go this year. I am willing to accept fellow forumers in need to help cut costs.

The available spots are all filled up.

cabbie98 on
    WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • Ayux3Ayux3 Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 4/6, probably late afternoon depending on classes that day
    Date Leaving: 4/8, leaving sunday is not a problem.
    Your Gender: I don't care , just don't be the creeper type if you know what I mean
    Best Contact Method: metalgamefreak001@gmail.com

Additional Notes: chilled, laidback guy. I don't smoke, drink, do drugs. Will be 22 years old by that time. Dormed for a year at college, shared rooms two times before, once with two male friends, second with four female friends. Been to Animeboston for 4+ years, so I have experience with conventions. First year for PAX since I couldn't buy a ticket last year cause it was soldout. I have alot of contacts in Boston and know the area. (Places to eat, shop, chill). Just really looking for a place to sleep since commuting to and from conventions sucks. Contact me and we will see what happens :) .

• LuganoLugano Registered User new member
    edited March 2012

Update - All Full!

HAVE SPACE!

Hotel: Seaport
    Total Cost: $225 per person
    Number of Spots Available: 3
    My Gender Male
    Your Gender: Either
    Best Contact Method: fightinghokie@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: The guys I went to PAX with last year are unable to go, this means I have a room at the Seaport with 2 double beds available. I'm trying to find 3 other people to share for Thursday night to Saturday night (check out Sunday morning). With 3 additional people the cost per person will be $225 for all 3 nights. I'm 29 years old and I don't smoke. The room is non-smoking so if you are a smoker you'll have to take it outside. If you are interested send me an email with some info about yourself.

Lugano on
  • mactromactro Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hotel: Hyatt Downtown Boston - it's literally a 7-10 minute walk to the convention center, straight path!
    Total Cost: $180 per person ($60 bucks a night!)
    Date Leaving:4/8
    Number of Spots Available: -8- 1 left! (as of 12/24) - Looks like with all the space I have I can accommodate 1 more!
    My Gender Male
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: PM me or email macktro@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: Fun group of guys and gals. This will be my 2nd PAX but 3rd and 4th for the others! The hotel is a really awesome hotel, we usually get what we want and it's such a short distance from the convention center! It's also located in an area where it's easy to get quick food like Chipotle and such - no need to order expensive in room dining! lol

mactro on
    You can't spell assassin without sin, and twice the ass!
  • StarlyssStarlyss Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    NEED SPACE:

Spots Needed: A room
    Your Gender: N/A

Additional Notes: I'm looking for a room at the Westin or the Seaport! If you for some reason can't make it to PAX and are going to cancel your room, please contact me first :3 You would totally make my day!

Starlyss on
  • thatotherdudethatotherdude Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:4/5
    Spots Needed:1
    My Gender:Male
    Your Gender:Doesn't Matter
    Best Contact Method:iamnumber52@hotmail.com
    Additional Notes: Also looking for westin or seaport. Really want to eliminate all long walks. I also like to play magic and quote simpsons.

• KelranoxKelranox Registered User new member
    edited December 2011
    NEEDS SPACE

Date Arriving: Whatever conveniences the group I'll be staying with
    Date Leaving: Last day of the convention, 04/08
    Spots Needed: One
    Your Gender: Whichever
    Best Contact Method: Email: Jordison01@gmail.com
    Additional Notes: I want to say that while I am looking for a room, there's no -guarantee- that I'll be able to stay there. Though, I should find out within a month or so -at the latest- whether the group I plan to meet up with will actually see to it that I can stay in one of their two rooms. I know that makes my word a bit flaky but I need to ensure I'll have a room, so I hope I don't come off as an asshole in any way. I definitely won't leave you hanging, so you have my word on that. I'm not a smoker and I'll drink socially, though not if it will inconvenience whatever party I'm with. I'm quiet, enjoy vidya gaimz, and can definitely cover my part of the costs.

Kelranox on
  • kevindockevindoc Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Space Found! - I think there is still space available in the room. If anyone is interested msg me.

NEED SPACE:
    Date Leaving: 4/8 (maybe 4/9 if the room is available)
    Your Gender: N/A
    Best Contact Method: PM, email: kevin.j.dougherty[at]gmail[dot]com, twitter: @kevindoc

Additional Notes: I don't need much, just a place to crash at night. If your room is "full" and want to bring down your cost a little, I don't mind just grabbing a spot on the floor :-) Contact info above (PM, email, twitter).

kevindoc on
  • AnawayAnaway Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:
    Date Arriving: 4/6
    Spots Needed:2
    Our Gender: He is a male and I am a female.
    Your Gender:N/A
    Best Contact Method: Pm, e-mail: taylor_lebel@msn.com

Additional Notes: Don't really care which hotel, just not too far! I am 18 turning 19 text year and he is 22 going on 23 next year. We are both very friendly and both looking forward a good time and more friends! We are not picky! :D

• pallispallis Detroit, MIRegistered User new member
    edited December 2011
    NEED SPACE:
    Best Contact Method: Pm, e-mail: beepboopdead@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I prefer to be closer, but I don't mind if the hotel is far ("far" being relative to the area and not practical to walk, 2-4 miles) away as long as it has a shuttle. I'm 23, I don't smoke, and I don't mind sharing a bed or sleeping on the floor. Also this will be my first Pax and second time in Boston ever, so I wouldn't mind someone showing me around! :)

Found space! :)

pallis on
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    deleted

rascal on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    This is the room-share thread, not the "i want to take over your reservation" thread. Please treat it as such.

E6LkoFK.png

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, deleted my polite request -- was not aware it was out of line as others have posted the same without it being deemed an infraction.

rascal on
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Spots Needed: 2
    My Gender: 1 female, 1 male (my boyfriend - we're not into PDA haha)
    Best Contact Method: email: gadget@axcidental.net

Additional Notes: We are really looking for someone with room at the Westin. I'm so upset it ran out before we could get a room. Don't be a creeper lol

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Thatcow212Thatcow212 Registered User new member
    edited January 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Seaport Hotel
    Total Cost: $740 ($370 per person)
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    My Gender - Male
    Best Contact Method: email at davidrfall[at]gmail[dot]com, phone number available also upon request.

I originally tried to get some of my local friends to go, but they all decided against it. I now need to get surgery and can no longer afford the hotel room alone, so here is to meeting new people! The room is non-smoking as well. It's also a single king size bed. Sorry.

Got someone to share the room!

Thatcow212 on
  • badbrainbadbrain Registered User new member
    Need Space:
    Date arriving:4/5
    Date leaving:4/8,4/9 flexible
    # of spaces needed: 1
    My gender: male
    Your gender: doesn't matter
    Best contact method: email at ggddoo@yahoo.com

Additional notes:
    Have gone to both previous Paxeasts...my friend bailed because it falls on Easter weekend. I'm 40, a vet and a lifelong gamer....nuff said. Also, I'm planning to drive up from Long Island, NY...can fit 3 comfortably or squeeze 4 if anyone interested.

• davvalcodavvalco Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    Have Space:

Hotel: HYATT REGENCY BOSTON
    Total Cost: 386
    Date Arriving: 4/6
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    Your Gender: doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: e-mail davvalco@gmail.com

Additional Notes: This will be my first PAX, will be traveling from Costa Rica, looking forward to meet awesome people and share room expenses, got a Double - 1 King, Hotel have shuttle service.

davvalco on
  • Jeff7Jeff7 Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: Early early early 4/9
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter.
    Best Contact Method: Email at chrisnessrevenge@hotmail.com

Additional Notes: First PAX, as may be evident by general lack of post history, heh. 21, don't smoke etc. (don't mind those who do)

• blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Space Found!

Best Contact Method: PM on here or msasala1086 at gmail dot com

Additional Notes: This will be my second PAX East and third PAX overall. I plan on doing the Pub Crawl Thursday. I dont mind sleeping on the floor. If you wanna know anything else please let me know!

blAAAm!!! on
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    No space

Hotel: Seaport Hotel
    Total Cost: $484.00 (122 per person without room stuffing).
    Date Arriving: Friday, 6th, 2011
    Date Leaving: Sunday, 8th, 2011.
    Number of Spots Available: 3 (without room stuffing), 5/6 (with stuffing)
    Best Contact Method: PM for my email.

Additional Notes/Requests: This is my first PAX, and I am very adamant about sleeping. Other than that, I could really care less, please be hygienic. Two Double Beds btw.

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Gumbyx84Gumbyx84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, 4/5 (afternoon or evening)
    Date Leaving: Sunday, 4/8 (evening); 4/9 if possible (morning)
    My Gender: M

Additional Notes:
    * I've been told I snore, but I will buy nasal strips if it will get me a room.
    * I am tight on the monies.
    * I used to live in Boston so I can play tour guide (or at least tell you where to get some good food)!
    * I'm ok with sleeping on the floor.

Found a room.

Gumbyx84 on
  • WeaponIIWeaponII Baltimore, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 4/05
    Date Leaving: 4/09 (morning)
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter.
    Best Contact Method: Here via PM, on Twitter (@WeaponII), or email [aggrivatedman]at[gmail]com.

Additional Notes: My 2nd PAX. I don't necessarily need a bed; floorspace will do. Non-smoker, though I could cope if you do. I do drink, but not heavily.

1/18/2012 -- Still looking for a spot! Help me help you!

2/6/2012 -- Booked my own room by the skin of my teeth, but if you're still looking to save a little money contact me and we'll talk!

WeaponII on
    PAX East: My Second Coming - 2013
    ticket[x] flight[x] hotel/room share[x] time off[x]
  • BolshoiBolshoi Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thurs 4/5
    Date Leaving: Mon 9/5 morning
    My Gender: Male (24)
    Best Contact Method: E-mail at bolshoi333@gmail.com

Additional Notes: This will be my first event, and I just need a place to sleep. I don't mind taking the floor.

• PinkRangerPinkRanger Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Late Friday night 4/6
    Date Leaving: Sunday 4/8 evening
    My gender: female
    Your Gender: As long as there is at least one other female, I don't care
    Best contact: PM or email to pinkranger20@yahoo.com

Additional Notes: I was originally going to be there Thursday night and leave Monday... But things came up. now I only need a place to stay Friday night and Saturday night.

PinkRanger on
    Cosplayer and a gamer.

Find me on twitter- @pink_4ssass1n
    and twitch- twitch.tv/pink_4ssass1n
  • josatojosato Registered User new member
    Date Arriving:Thurs 4/5
    Date Leaving: 9/5
    Your Gender:N/A
    Best Contact Method: josato_89@hotmail.com

Additional Notes: I can sleep on the floor, dont smoke, seldomly drink but only at the parties and no drugs. This will be my first PAX.

bang la desh
  • BrothulhuBrothulhu ScotlandRegistered User new member
    edited January 2012
    Date Arriving: 5th
    Date Leaving: 9th
    My Gender: Male (19)
    Your Gender: Doesn't make a difference to me
    Best Contact Method: Email - Johnz0r.steam@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I'm flying in from the UK so I might be a bit jet lagged on the first day. This is my 2nd PAX, I went to Prime 2011. Floor space is fine I can just take a sleeping bag in my suitcase. I don't smoke but I have no problems with others smoking and I'm to young to drink in the US

Brothulhu on
  • SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Full. Thank you.

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: RADISSON HOTEL BOSTON
    Total Cost: $500 (to be divided equally)
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    Your Gender: Male 21+
    Best Contact Method: RV2073[at]hotmail.com

My 3rd PAX, 3rd time organizing a room. I was only able to get 1 bed at this place, but the cost was worth it. I'd prefer to just split the bed and have someone sleep on the floor, that will bring the price down to next to nothing. It's 1.5 miles from the expo center.

Drinking definitely allowed, no drugs. I will really only be in the room to sleep

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

• MyroMyro Registered User new member
    Date Arriving: 4/5, In the Evening
    Date Leaving: 4/9, In the Morning
    My Gender: M
    Best Contact Method: sokmyrox[AT]gmail.com

Additional Notes:
    - 1st pax, but meeting w/ others
    - Fine with the floor
    - Non smoker (Dont care if others smoke)

• TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Intercontinental Boston
    Total Cost: $650
    Date Arriving: Thu 4/5
    Date Leaving: Sun 4/8
    Number of Spots Available: 1-2
    Best Contact Method: Temig [at] torycraft [dot] com

Additional Notes/Requests: My first PAX and though I only live ~30-45 minutes away I'd rather stay close to the action. Room has 2 doubles so looking for 1 more or 2 if someone doesn't particularly mind the floor. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at the e-mail address listed above.

Temig on
    JQ1qRPt.png
This discussion has been closed.