As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Western Animation thread

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    The part in the Brave trailer with the baby bear cubs worries me. Everything else was awesome, but the presence of baby bear cubs in the castle suggests she took them home after she killed the mother, with wacky comedy following closely behind. God, I hope the movie doesn't involve a valuable lesson regarding the sanctity of animal life or something. I was hoping for something more badass.

The worst thing that could happen is that they go the Brother Bear route and have a witch turn the protagonist's younger siblings into bear cubs.

I trust Pixar, though, even after the Cars 2 incident.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So, apparently this happened on the latest episode of My Little Pony.

my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_parodies_jeff_bridges_the_dude_from_the_big_lebowski-300x173.jpg

my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_parodies_john_turturro_jesus_quintana_from_the_big_lebowski-300x165.jpg

my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_parodies_john_goodman_walter_sobchak_from_the_big_lebowski_2-300x178.jpg

my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_parodies_steve_buscemi_donny_from_the_big_lebowski-300x209.jpg

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Um, those bear cubs are her brothers. 3 young silly siblings (triplets?), 3 little silly bear cubs of similar height as the boys? Totally her brothers, tranformed.

I am calling it right now.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Um, those bear cubs are her brothers. 3 young silly siblings (triplets?), 3 little silly bear cubs of similar height as the boys? Totally her brothers, tranformed.

I am calling it right now.
    A synopsis confirms that she turns her mother into that monster bear.[/spoilers]

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    I loved Despicable Me, i felt that while the story was rather predictable, it played the emotion strings like a maestro. One of my fav scenes is the iron maiden coffin. "I guess the plan can work with two."

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Ahh, cool. Untagged Brave spoilers. No one was interested in that movie anyways, so it's cool to spoil it.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm going to join PikaPuff in the "where's the fucking spoiler tags" sentiment.

Because seriously, WHERE'S THE FUCKING SPOILER TAGS ON THAT UNRELEASED MOVIE SPOILER

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    thirded. wtf people?!

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    nightmarenny I WILL DESTROY YOU

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    way to go @nightmarenny

spoilertag that shit

ban nightmarenny

Sorry sorry. But it was in the official synopsis given to the media so it'll be in another trailer I bet.

Quire.jpg
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Burn nightmarenny at the stake.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    edited November 2011
    Seriously someone Quoted the damn thing in another thread! Get your hands off me!?!

(seriously sorry guys. Didn't think when I posted that.)

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I honestly don't know if people are being serious about the "spoiler" or not.

If you haven't seen this you should see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4RBmU-PIo

2ohWien.png
  • NovidNovid Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote:
    If you haven't seen this you should see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4RBmU-PIo

fuck...thats pretty good for the aussies. if they only fix there vid game problem they could do wonders.

edited November 2011
    I just watched the new HTTYD short and it's actually pretty good. Not as good as the movie as course, but better then a holiday special has any right to.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Don't forget: the finale of Brave and the Bold is on tonight.

Also, while the new Looney Tunes show is wildly uneven, it's managed to create two songs that actually top the deliciously disturbing Grilled Cheese. First, Daffy transforms into an awesome, demon-fighting wizard with a heavy metal soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I

And now he's returned with the best definition of love I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fdmuLGWz_w

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    cloudeagle wrote:

snip
    Woah. I need to know the name of this episode so that viewing can comence as soon as possible.

Bedlam on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I guess I shouldnt be surprised since apprently this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50WvebOHjl8

Would love to find that full episode as well.

The MLP Episode is Cutie Pox. All happens before the intro song rolls.

jCyyTSo.png
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Brave and the Bold tonight, was the really the series finale? I only caught the show occasionally, but that was just brilliant.

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Blendtec wrote:
    Brave and the Bold tonight, was the really the series finale? I only caught the show occasionally, but that was just brilliant.
    Was the trailer at the end for the Batgirl show an actual trailer? I suspect not since they already have that Beware the Batman show comming up, but they're making a whole block of new DC shows, so I suppose it's possible.

Edit: Some Google research seems to indicate that it's not real, which makes the fact that they went to the trouble of creating those CG assets for just a joke even more impressive.

Cururu on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote:
    Blendtec wrote:
    Was the trailer at the end for the Batgirl show an actual trailer? I suspect not since they already have that Beware the Batman show comming up, but they're making a whole block of new DC shows, so I suppose it's possible.

That was a brilliant way to end the show, and yes it's the end (according to Wiki, anyway).
    I haven't heard anything about a CGI Batgirl series, but it seems like that would be an awfully expensive bit to animate for a single scene.

Also, I need a talking neon bat street luge.

• Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:

[img][/img]my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_parodies_john_turturro_jesus_quintana_from_the_big_lebowski-300x165.jpg

This isn't the best choice for a pony cameo...... Considering the character in the movie

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I demand to have that Daffy image converted into a wallpaper. A magnificent 1920x1080 wallpaper.

Haven't seen too much of the Looney Tunes show, but I can safely say that Daffy is consistently funny at all times in that series.

• HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Reactions for this week:

Clone Wars: Holy shit what the fuck. Dissapointed that
    Krell turned out to just be evil and a Separtist instead of just a prick.

Gen Rex and Ben 10 were okay.

Brave and the Bold was just... inconceivable. That just went so meta I don't think it counts as meta anymore.

Thundercats is approaching it's love triangle with a rather unique level of self-awareness.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:
    Don't forget: the finale of Brave and the Bold is on tonight.

Also, while the new Looney Tunes show is wildly uneven, it's managed to create two songs that actually top the deliciously disturbing Grilled Cheese. First, Daffy transforms into an awesome, demon-fighting wizard with a heavy metal soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I

And now he's returned with the best definition of love I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fdmuLGWz_w

Oh man, these are fantastic

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    wowowow the end of batman:batb was great
    even I jumped at batman using guns

jCyyTSo.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Young Justice was pretty dark this week.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but could it be that
    it's not Megan that Artemis is jealous of, but Connor?

They've never shown her having any interest in Superboy, and Weissman did want to make Lexington gay originally.

It's a ballsy move if CN allows it, but we did just see an episode about a psychopath who stabbed his sister to death, so.....

Professor Snugglesworth on
    Who's lexington?

jCyyTSo.png
  • MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    Lexington:
    lex17.jpg

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote:
    cloudeagle wrote:

snip

Jesus, who on earth thought this was a good idea?

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Why not? They did the same thing in Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.

Alfred J. Kwak on
    There's a long, proud tradition of referencing adult films in cartoons for children. See also the extended Apocalypse Now parody in Animaniacs.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how vaguely referencing a film that children have never seen is going to harm them in any way.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote:
    I'm not sure how vaguely referencing a film that children have never seen is going to harm them in any way.

And the references make it more entertaining for the secondary audience (IE parents who watch the show with their kids), which is really the entire point of slipping things like that in.

• TertieeTertiee Registered User regular

They've never shown her having any interest in Superboy, and Weissman did want to make Lexington gay originally.

It's a ballsy move if CN allows it, but we did just see an episode about a psychopath who stabbed his sister to death, so.....
    Interesting idea but word is that the comic tie-in to the show makes it very clear that Artemis has a crush on Conner.

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Tertiee wrote:

Interesting idea but word is that the comic tie-in to the show makes it very clear that Artemis has a crush on Conner.
    She was into him in her first episode, and in a later episode, suggested M'Gann date Kaldur. Or Wally. All I remember is that the girls were trying to dissuade each other from dating Conner.

But yeah, they haven't really touched on it for a while, which is a little weird.

This discussion has been closed.