As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good luck finding the Pizza Planet truck. [BRAVE]

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    How To Train Your Dragon ruled

This will rule

Also it makes me want to play Skyrim.

So I'm gonna go make a ginger bow wieldy lady

lfYVHTd.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    this looks great

I wonder if they were inspired at all by The Secret of Kells

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    When did Kells come out? Pixar movies are usually in production for many years.

BLM - ACAB
  • ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    I've already signed a contract with Pixar that they own my moneys until they stop making films.

smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    They announced this in 2008, Kells was released 2009.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Apolloh wrote:
    I've already signed a contract with Pixar that they own my moneys until they stop making films.

I wonder if I could convince them to sell me a season pass to all their films for eternity. I'd sell all my redundant organs to get such a treasure.

• McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    Why are companies working with Scottish culture so much recently? I swear it's a conspiracy that Blizzard steers the direction of these trends.

This movie looks awesome, but there wasn't anything that excited me more than the visuals. I honestly thought the trailer was made by Dreamworks, it just seemed in that flavor (besides Tame Your Dragon biasing me, ass humor, character designs ) and the plot seems really similar 'coming of age' tale.

I'm sure this movie will be clever and enjoyable, I'm just sick of viking crap after Wrath of the Lich King, Tame Your Dragon, Skyrim, Beowulf, and maybe a few CapitalOne commercials.

I had the same problem with Inglorious Bastards, I felt that released when I was super saturated with World War 2 garbage.

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    How to train your Ginger.

nah I'm just kiddin, this looks good and I wanna see it and all that

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    I don't care if it is Celtic Mulan, it will be emotionally charged, beautifully executed, balls to the walls fun, and not Cars 3.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote:
    [
    The_Scarab wrote:
    So her hair is her character? I thought Pixar had more depth than that. Why are we only talking about the hair?

Didn't you know? This is actually a prequel to Disney's Tangled. She has supernatural hair!

I haven't seen Tangled because my girlfriend didn't like that the character looks like a plastic Barbie doll but I thought the trailers looked fun.

Tangled was actually great, you should convince her to watch it

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I don't care if it is Celtic Mulan, it will be emotionally charged, beautifully executed, balls to the walls fun, and not Cars 3.

because I already did this in the youtube thread:
    Fearghaill wrote:
    so, any story with a female main character in a historical setting has to be about them conforming to traditional gender roles, because rebelling against them automatically makes it Mulan?
    Fearghaill wrote:
    Not sure what the other similarities to Mulan are then, aside from both being animated, historical, and featuring a female main character challenging her assigned role. Which I'm pretty sure was done before Mulan as well.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i was kinda down on this because it seems more like a traditional fairy tale-ish type story that dreamworks or someone might do

but then again i do love pixar and red heads, so

Hunter wrote:
    Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

oh someone please oh please recut the trailer with this song behind it

PLEASE

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    This looks like it will be awesome.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    McAllen wrote:
    Why are companies working with Scottish culture so much recently? I swear it's a conspiracy that Blizzard steers the direction of these trends.

This movie looks awesome, but there wasn't anything that excited me more than the visuals. I honestly thought the trailer was made by Dreamworks, it just seemed in that flavor (besides Tame Your Dragon biasing me, ass humor, character designs ) and the plot seems really similar 'coming of age' tale.

I'm sure this movie will be clever and enjoyable, I'm just sick of viking crap after Wrath of the Lich King, Tame Your Dragon, Skyrim, Beowulf, and maybe a few CapitalOne commercials.

I had the same problem with Inglorious Bastards, I felt that released when I was super saturated with World War 2 garbage.

What is Blizzard doing that has anything to do with Scottish culture

Also, why are you still talking about vikings? You're aware that Scots were not vikings, yes?

Grey Ghost on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Bear cubs has me worried a bit, but everything else about that trailer looks great.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    nevermind i'll do it (kind of)

http://youtubedoubler.com/2lu1

• WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    McAllen wrote:

Also, why are you still talking about vikings? You're aware that Scots were not vikings, yes?

celts a celt!

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    just make sure to mute the trailer i guess whatever

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I really want to click kochi's spoiler.
    But I will resist
    Also, probably not gonna watch any more trailers for this.
    Hate when they pretty much tell you the whole movie.
    I'm gonna see it. No need to be sold more.

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I'm just glad this movie appears to be fun and adventure ho! And all that good stuff, which means hopefully no sad scenes that make me bawl like a baby like in Up and toy story 3 and whatnot. It's hard to wipe tears past ridiculous 3D glasses while surrounded by kids ok

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    haha now that i actually watch the mashup all the way through it works way too well

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    this looks great

I wonder if they were inspired at all by The Secret of Kells

Scotland isn't Ireland!

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote:
    I'm just glad this movie appears to be fun and adventure ho! And all that good stuff, which means hopefully no sad scenes that make me bawl like a baby like in Up and toy story 3 and whatnot. It's hard to wipe tears past ridiculous 3D glasses while surrounded by kids ok

You will cry, it's pixar, you will cry forever.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Noooooooo

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    oh my gosh I want this put it in me

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Wow that looks great.

I WANT TO GO TO THERE

BLM - ACAB
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Just changed my wallpaper to Brave
    eeeee

• Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Fearghaill wrote:

Fearghaill wrote:
    so, any story with a female main character in a historical setting has to be about them conforming to traditional gender roles, because rebelling against them automatically makes it Mulan?
    Fearghaill wrote:
    Not sure what the other similarities to Mulan are then, aside from both being animated, historical, and featuring a female main character challenging her assigned role. Which I'm pretty sure was done before Mulan as well.

Yeah, I saw that too.

That's two places you've made yourself look silly now .

Jacques L'Homme on
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Wren wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    McAllen wrote:

celts a celt!

Vikings aren't Celts. Not even at the height of the Celt's cultural expansion.

Celts_in_Europe.png

Why do you hurt my people with these scandalous lies?

Enc on
    Fearghaill wrote:

Fearghaill wrote:
    Fearghaill wrote:

Yeah, I saw that too.

no u

BLM - ACAB
  • PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    Cars 2 was a mistake. Let's forgive and forget this LOOKS RAD

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I guessed kochi's spoiler half correct, guessed the wrong person.

And those bear cubs are her brothers, calling it now. 3 wee silly bears, 3 wee silly brothers. Duh!
    guessed that part before guessing the parentbear and before kochi's spoiler, so I am not spoiling her spoiler

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    @Hunter: well done sir
    skettios wrote:
    Kochikens wrote: »
    skettios wrote:
    Kochikens wrote: »
    fuck everyone who was like boohoo shes so ugly

WHAT
    People were saying that?!?

D:

So. Many. People. They were complaining about how her face was weird and awkward and ugly and alien and I was like fuck all of you

I hate them all

eeeeeeeyyuuuuuuppp

Tam on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote:
    The_Scarab wrote:
    So her hair is her character? I thought Pixar had more depth than that. Why are we only talking about the hair?

Didn't you know? This is actually a prequel to Disney's Tangled. She has supernatural hair!

I haven't seen Tangled because my girlfriend didn't like that the character looks like a plastic Barbie doll but I thought the trailers looked fun.

Tell her she is wrong and the movie is great.

How is she wrong about Rapunzel looking like a Barbie doll? I enjoyed the film, but that's a reasonable observation.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    McAllen wrote: »

Sounds like a personal problem.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Druhim wrote:
    The Geek wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote:
    The_Scarab wrote:

Tell her she is wrong and the movie is great.

How is she wrong about Rapunzel looking like a Barbie doll? I enjoyed the film, but that's a reasonable observation.

Ok, I should have clarified. She is wrong for not wanting to see the movie.

BLM - ACAB
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Fuck the Irish

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote:

Fearghaill wrote:
    Fearghaill wrote:

Yeah, I saw that too.

He has a point.

jkZziGc.png