As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed III: THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I played to the end of Act 1 tonight and accidentally got the "Silent But Deadly" achievement in Masyaf. That was nice. I'm glad I jumped back into AssBro this weekend, because it made it really easy to get back into the combat. Glad to see the kill streaks work the same way.

Looking forward to playing more of this tomorrow after work.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hey guys, guess what?

Full sync failure means you still have to restart your mission to get it

Yep

Good one, Ubisoft

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hey guys, guess what?

Yep

Good one, Ubisoft

Yes, I had to do a lot of slow walking during Memory Sequence 2 because of having to restart.

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    So why isnt this out on PC yet >.> I pre ordered it and its still not out. Boo.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    yeah actually I'm curious as to how many people are going to be getting this on steam. I'll be PC for sure and if it starts shaping up like we'll have a few PC players, then I'll jump on this early. If everyone's on the xbox and the ps3, then I reckon I might pick it up next year some time for the SP

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I

love

crafting bombs.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    jackisreal wrote:
    Game showed up at my doorstep! Can't play (my Xbox red ringed at the worst time of the year :() but I noticed the game came with 3D glasses...what's up with that ? I don't have a 3D tv or anything.

Amazon I'm assuming? There's an option you flip on and it makes it 3D (does not require a 3Dtv).

Arkham City also supports those glasses.

You know the glasses you get for 3d movies in the cinema, do they work? I keep my pair in between so I don't need to buy them again.

Nope, these are magenta & green.

Figures.
    Hey guys, guess what?

Yep

Good one, Ubisoft

Yes, I had to do a lot of slow walking during Memory Sequence 2 because of having to restart.

Why are you ruining your first playthrough by caring. It's for replay value. Be your own assassin now and pretend to be Ezio another day.

I pretty much completely ignored any full synch on the first playthrough in Brotherhood and it was so much fun.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The amount of guilt I feel for never putting this in yesterday because I was too consumed with Marvel vs. Capcom is overwhelming.

I want to know what happens SO BADLY. But I can't tear myself away.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    MAJOR SEQUENCE 8 SPOILERS
    really
    I have never wanted to kill an enemy in these games so badly as Ahmet after Yusuf died

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Having just played the first Altair flashback last night I have a few grievances.

1. New voice actor. Yeah the guy from 1 was a terrible actor, but still, they couldn't at least try to get someone who sounded remotely like him instead of just some guy with a generic accent?

2. Wasn't the entire premise of AC1 that Altair was an arrogant dick who needed to be put in his place? Why is he being all obedient and humble?

3. I am now annoyed that we got 3 games focusing on Ezio and only 1 with Altair, or more specifically, that setting. Revelations is a nice touch for going back to that middle-eastern aesthetic but I want to stab crusaders.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited November 2011
    i think that's the point when he started to become an arrogant dick since he got promoted so fast

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I want my Altair to sound like he's actually from the same place as everyone around him

Ezio's got an accent, why shouldn't Altair

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Why are you ruining your first playthrough by caring. It's for replay value. Be your own assassin now and pretend to be Ezio another day.

I pretty much completely ignored any full synch on the first playthrough in Brotherhood and it was so much fun.

Yeah, I think I'll mostly do this. If the full sync seems easy, I'll give it a try, but time limits can fuck off right now.

I was actually surprised that the "assassinate 5 targets from a haystack" one was more difficult than I expected. I'll have to try that one again later.

in-universe the explanation for Altair's american accent is the Animus 1.0's shitty technology

PNk1Ml4.png
  • manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    The Assassination multiplayer game type is amazing. Unlike Wanted you don't have a specific contract so you have to 'tag' other templars and then kill them. You do have your radar but it directs you towards all templars and you don't know which character your looking for. So being able to spot tells and use line of sight tricks are super important. I just wrecked it last game with like 4000+ points and I'm loving it.

XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Hey guys, guess what?

Yep

Good one, Ubisoft

I guess I don't understand how this sequence could give you so much trouble. They freaking tell you that if you let up on all the buttons, Ezio will go into auto walk conversation mode and you can basically sit back and enjoy this entire sequence as a cutscene, minus the combat parts. The tutorial tells you how to complete full synchronization.

edited November 2011
    ahahaha that ending holy shit

i need to discuss this ending, someone else beat the game

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I've got a preorder down that I can pick up today.
    How is it? I don't mean review scores. How are you guys liking it?

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So why isnt this out on PC yet >.> I pre ordered it and its still not out. Boo.

PC version isn't out till 11/29 (US) or 12/2 (EU-well, pretty sure on these dates), hopefully so they can polish it off which is better than the 4 month waits for the other ones IIRC. Waiting for my Amazon download till then, but I got Skyrim two days ago and Batman:AC for PC on the 22nd.

Time. Will. Fly.

Karoz on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Is there a Brutus esque special armour set to find in assrev?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    There at least a couple special sets of armor. One is the reward for some collectibles, and one is a reward for leveling assassins. I got the latter before even the second level of armor was available in the store... messed up the progression somewhat.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't normally listen to Kotaku but they said that the armor you get for collecting all the Animus fragments and doing the Desmond content is the coolest armor in the whole series

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So can you buy maps with the Animus fragments on it like how the feathers showed up on maps in AssBro?

I would buy a map to find out but I am spending all my cash on real estate at the moment, like a real investor.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i don't know why people are complaining about the tower defense bits, those are fun and brief. from all the groaning i thought it would be much worse.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    i don't know why people are complaining about the tower defense bits, those are fun and brief. from all the groaning i thought it would be much worse.

I don't think its terrible like some folks are saying, but I do see it wearing thin pretty quickly if you don't keep your notoriety in check.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Hmm, trying to decide whether to grab AssBro for $20 or AssBro deluxe edition for $25 or just wait and see what deals come out on black Friday.

Sadly, these offers seem to expire the day before so I can't just cherry pick the best. :?

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I asked this the Deals thread but I figured I might get a quicker answer here.

There are apparently two different SKUs for AssRev at Wal-Mart, one for $40 and the other for $60.
    Any difference between the two? (Wal-Marty's exclusive is apparently the Armor of Brutus unlocked. Is it a skin like the armor of Altaïr in AssBro or the actual armor?)

newSig.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Because they bought the game to jump over rooftops and stab guys. Not play a tower defense game.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Nocren wrote:
    I asked this the Deals thread but I figured I might get a quicker answer here.

There are apparently two different SKUs for AssRev at Wal-Mart, one for $40 and the other for $60.
    Any difference between the two? (Wal-Marty's exclusive is apparently the Armor of Brutus unlocked. Is it a skin like the armor of Altaïr in AssBro or the actual armor?)

It's a skin, not actual armor.

Also, I work with the Wal-Mart Home Office, the Revelations pricing thing was a pretty big mistake (i still bought it for 39.99 though, that's a huge deal). Some stores have printed out generic tags to change the price, but it seems like most haven't.

There's no difference in the actual game version, if you're asking. The new SKU is just a corrected tag.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Some of you seem to have blazed through the campaign already, but I'm taking my sweet time. On Sequence 4, have a few Master Assassins already, and still enjoying Den Defense. I like the leveling system for Assassins, but there's something I need to ask;

If you put Master Assassins in every Den, does that mean no more Den Defense? Or, is it still possible if you send them out on a mission?

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
    So by memory 3 should I know how to make bombs yet? Because I keep finding supplies, and Ive learned how to throw them, but I feel like I missed one of the side tutorial things...I went through a ton on how to throw them and what they do, but I still have no idea how to construct them and I just want to know if I missed it or I need to wait...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    I don't remember. You should have already figured it out, but if you haven't talked to Yusuf about it then you are really close to it.

Bomb-making has made this game 10x more fun for me.

I keep finding crafting tables but it wont let me interact with them so Im assuming I couldnt have missed it and just found some tables early...?

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote:
    I keep finding crafting tables but it wont let me interact with them so Im assuming I couldnt have missed it and just found some tables early...?

Bomb making is unlocked in a story mission, so keep doing those until you get it.
    Since this happens just after most of the world is open for taking over, it can be easy to get sidetracked.
    You can't miss it when it happens.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    klemming wrote:
    mxmarks wrote:

Bomb making is unlocked in a story mission, so keep doing those until you get it.
    Since this happens just after most of the world is open for taking over, it can be easy to get sidetracked.
    You can't miss it when it happens.

Sounds like the bomb making mission would be a good time to split off and do everything then if that's when all the features become unlocked.

There seem to be a shit load of bombs you can make from all the early materials you get.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    i would like tower defense a lot more if the interface wasn't so awful, give me a proper top-down view

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    i would like tower defense a lot more if the interface wasn't so awful, give me a proper top-down view

This. x1000.

And as was said earlier, I bought this to jump around on roofs and stab mans, not play the bastard child of a genre I despise.

edited November 2011
    Well, luckily, if you don't like Den Defense it can be side-tracked entirely after the first go at it during the story; just make sure you never have the Templar Awareness filled.

You might be sucked into it once or twice but if you fail it, intentionally or otherwise, you can just take it right back.

TolerantZero on
    that said I love everything else they did with the brotherhood mechanics, I feel much closer to my Assbros than before

PNk1Ml4.png
    Well, luckily, if you don't like Den Defense it can be side-tracked entirely after the first go at it during the story; just make sure you never have the Templar Awareness filled.

You might be sucked into it once or twice but if you fail it, intentionally or otherwise, you can just take it right back.

My templar awareness goes up for everything. The worst is when I capture a den and it maxes out immediately. It's some horseshit. Claim a den - templars attack another one. Lose the den defense and reclaim it...aaaaaand templars attack another one.

I appreciate the devs trying new things and trying to inject some fresh blood but this shit, along with the Desmond bits, really feels tacked-on.