As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

why do you hurt me, school

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    are we talking about batman thesises in here

i have a meeting with my supervisor tomorrow to kick this thing off

it got moved up so i spent the last two days just trying to come up with a coherent argument

and then

i did

• E^(i Pi)+1=0E^(i Pi)+1=0 hellRegistered User regular
    physics midterm tomorrow
    cannot bring myself to study

i am more interested in ancient history than physics

kill yourself

Love me.
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    dude you are way hardcore

will you be my friend

we can go scoff at art majors together and talk about our favorite xkcds

• Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Spring classes are registered for! Chem II and A&P II will suck away most of my time, so they're balanced with some gen reqs (Helloooo public speaking)

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    are we talking about batman thesises in here

Always.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Ahahaha, okay professor, how about you try and cancel class before I get up at 730 and drag my tired ass into school? Not fifteen minutes after it was supposed to start?

Woe is me

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I've done next to no work for this one class, so now I have to do six labs and a project by the next exam.

I also have a presentation to do for this class, but fuck it. It's only 10%.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    this is the thread for bitching about uni and whatnot, yeah?

Cause FUCK this essay. Fuck it A LOT. It is bloody awful and I want it to die.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    My calculus exam tomorrow is going to end me.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    physics midterm tomorrow

kill yourself

took it today
    it was pretty easy

now I will not study for history

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    We're studying existentialism in my AP Lit class now

apparently no one understands the concept that well...I mean..it's not a hard concept to understand yet no one seems to get it...

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    so i have a lab report due tomorrow
    and a major part of the lab report (maybe a third of it?) involves a series of data that is supposed to be available online

it's not

it went down sometime this afternoon
    me and everyone i know in this class have all emailed the professor

hoping it gets extended or something
    it's not academically fair to punish students who were planning to hand in their assignment on time but do the entirety of it the night before :P

i have also taken a screenshot of the error message on the website as insurance

• BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    I don't want to do any research for this paper.

I just want to write "Scalia is a douchebag" in 72 point font and turn that in instead.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote:

apparently no one understands the concept that well...I mean..it's not a hard concept to understand yet no one seems to get it...

What do you think of it?

Zonugal wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:

What do you think of it?

it doesn't matter what he thinks

did i do it right
    is that existentialism
    i've never taken any sort of philosophy course

Zonugal wrote:
    Oghulk wrote:

What do you think of it?

Personally I like the ideas behind it, and I feel a lot of it has to do more with having critical thought on subject matter and having an independent mindset when it comes to new information, and I can see a lot of basis in skepticism

but no one in my class seems to understand this idea

did i do it right
    is that existentialism
    i've never taken any sort of philosophy course

Eh... More nihilistic than existential.

Oghulk, you need to read my boy Nietzsche.

I do. The only stuff I've gotten into with existentialism thus far is Kierkegaard (no primary sources but still).

edited November 2011
    Kierkegaard also happens to be a boss, especially his writing on faith.

Zonugal on
  • E^(i Pi)+1=0E^(i Pi)+1=0 hellRegistered User regular
    physics midterm tomorrow

kill yourself

took it today
    it was pretty easy

I can't help but notice that you have not killed yourself.

Love me.
    woohoo the lab notes came back up
    i can make my multitude of boring graphs

did you know that sometimes variables act in a way that is dependent upon another variable

that was..basically the point of this experiment...

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Kierkegaard also happens to be a boss, especially his writing on faith.

oh shit yes

fear and trembling is so choice

Skull Man, yes.

man there was that one line when he talks about how we ride an eagle to the mountain and the critical moment but Abraham had to walk every damn step and even fall asleep and wake up

that broke my heart

• VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Producing only has 5 seats left and I still haven't heard back from the head of the department. He promised to speed things up if the class was filling quickly, and well...

I need that class damn it!

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Today in Gay City Bros we looked at comic books. So much SuperDickery. So much hot hot Batman on Robin action. Both figuratively and literally.

"Okay how many people here are familiar with slash?"

BAM: Slash fanart on the table.

(I love that class)

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i'm pretty proud of what i have written so far of this paper over the past two days

but that doesn't change the fact that i am a little better than halfway done and it is 1:30 and i have class at 9

whoops

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    writing a paper on michel de montaigne

need 4 pages, hovering at a little over 3 right now

I'll have this shit knocked out no later than midnight, weee

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I realized I had a three page paper due in fifty minutes approximately an hour ago.

Finished that sucker in fourty minutes.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that is a feat I would probably not be able to accomplish

I am extremely meticulous with my writing

this is why I hate in-class essays

in-class essays are a snap, just gotta outline that sucker and don't second-guess yourself and remind yourself just how goddamn low the competition's going to be

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    physics midterm tomorrow

kill yourself

took it today
    it was pretty easy

I can't help but notice that you have not killed yourself.
    if i had to take another physics course next semester i just might

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Skull Man wrote:
    in-class essays are a snap, just gotta outline that sucker and don't second-guess yourself and remind yourself just how goddamn low the competition's going to be

I have a hard time lowering my standard of writing, is the thing

also one of my professors is completely out of touch with how long it takes to complete his tests

here is what the midterm consisted of:

four written definitions of some terms he'd introduced in class, with a minimum of two sentences necessary

eight short answer responses to quotations from the readings, which must consist of one sentence which identifies the author and the work, one which contextualizes the quote, and two which explain its significance to the class

two one-page essays, written from two prompts (our choice from a list of four)

all in fifty minutes

it was HORSESHIT

I wrote like a madman, smoke was coming off my goddamn paper when I turned it in

I got an 85 (it would have been a 91 had it not been for one piece of stupidity on my part: I only answered 7 in the short answer section, due to miscounting)

Short, I have had tests like that. For a history class we given 30 terms, people, or events to study up on. Come class our professor would randomly select 15 for us to have access to and in fifty minutes he's have to write as much as possible on five subjects. And when I say write as much, I mean it. He told us that five facts about each subject would get us at least a C. I ended up writing two-three pages, each with twelve facts, for each of the five subjects.

Apparently the T.A. didn't think that was worth anything though, so I got a C-.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    in-class essays are fine, you just start writing and don't stop until you're finished

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    finished 20 pages of my paper at 6am, which makes it a longer draft than i expected it to be (in a good way)

mission accomplished everyone

time to pack it in

slept through class, though

satansfingers on
This discussion has been closed.