As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satan 2011: Satans sent! Let the Giftening begin

• MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Well, that is it.

Bought my Satan all their gifts. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive. And hopefully in the right order...

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Satan, if you haven't gotten me gifts or if you're feeling extra generous, please please please get me this shirt wherever you can find it (size adult S, cream):

http://luvthatshirt.com/product_info.php?products_id=7226
    83129.jpg

I would love you forever! No pressure.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dear Satan,

it's looking like I'll be visiting family and friends in California in the middle of december (13th-18th or something) so if you were planning to send off your gift around that time, it will probably be sitting all cozy in my mailbox or manager's office until I get back!

EDIT: actually, like TLB said, there's a chance it'll just be left on my doorstep and risk getting swiped (if the manager's not in and the box is too big for the mail box, USPS will usually do this) so maybe it's best you don't aim for things to arrive while I'm out of the state or you should specifically request that it get signed for.

Okami on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    oh hey, satan I guess I should mention this:

from december 1 - 5 I will be in Seattle, so if you are expecting me to get something to me in that time, have a proxy pm me so I can get it picked up.

I live in an apartment complex and I know it'll get swiped if left for more than a day.

Oh and side-note. Any seattle doggies wanna hang out with tlb, pm me phone numbers and names and I will fit you into my calvacade of raucous debauchery.

7656367.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I'm always amused by the idea that google searches for "satan" are further skewed each year by this joyous occasion.

maybe someday we'll make the first page of results.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The second box is in the midst of being put together.

what

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I got my present! A copy of Fantastic Four (by Hickman) volume one, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney!

I would have posted sooner but I have been distracted by Phoenix Wright and the Fantastic Four! Thanks! I don't know exactly who they are on the forums though!

(Though now I gotta buy all the other fantastic four volumes he put out but that is a GOOD problem to have)

• ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    ShimSham -> Stale/2 -> Romanian My Escutcheon

Legba -> zucchini

??? -> Antimatter -> Wombat!!/2/3

Moriveth -> Rolo

Naphtali -> . (plut)

#pipe -> Platypus Beirut

Caulk Bite 6 -> Centipede Damascus

??? -> The Geebs That Is A Pony

EyQGd.jpg
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    I'm always amused by the idea that google searches for "satan" are further skewed each year by this joyous occasion.

maybe someday we'll make the first page of results.

That would be terrifying and delicious, both.

EyQGd.jpg
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    I will be shopping for my Satanee at Hershey this weekend. Hope they like Twizzlers.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Send me twizzlers.

Twizzlers or Peanut Butter Cups? The candy at Chocolate World used to come straight from the factory but I don't know if it still does.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    both

all of them

everything

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Not gushers though. Send me everything else.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Blake has a gusher for an eye

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I for one am all about some peanut butter cups.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Korean candy pretty much sucks so it's only good to send people as a joke

"Ha ha! This is what you could be eating in a pinch! Tiny dried fish and some peanuts!"

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Those are really good beer snacks.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Tiny dried fish and some peanuts!"

Actually they're fried fish. Which are delicious.

Also send Gushers.

Gushers confused me as a child. I was not comfortable with the gooey filling.

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote:
    How would you mask your identity when mailing things out normally?

You only need a return address, not name.

n6U6RJFM0TF8R.gif

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    They are definitely dried and then fried, at least in Korea.

(They're so horrible ughhaghhhh I bet you guys also enjoy the dried flattened grilled squid, don't you)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    To be fair, my coteacher's mom makes a version with non-dried tiny anchovies and walnuts that, if I still ate anchovies, I would probably like quite a bit.

But I have seen those squids flying from too many ropes strung on the backs of open-bed trucks on the highway to be comfortable eating them toasted in cups later on.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    Gushers confused me as a child. I was not comfortable with the gooey filling.

I mean I know corn syrup is in a lot of American foods, but with gushers it's all I can taste and I just can't stand it.

They are definitely dried and then fried, at least in Korea.

(They're so horrible ughhaghhhh I bet you guys also enjoy the dried flattened grilled squid, don't you)

YES

YUMMMMMMM

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Whoa, we have glowy bars under our avs when we're online! This frightens me.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
    edited November 2011
    FYI Satan, the secret candy-path to my heart is via Haribo frogs, since we're on the topic.

Please don't send me any dried squid. I have plenty, although I will be sending them all to Viv.

E: Viv they do this thing here in the winter where they make burnt sugar lollipops with shapes inside and if you can pop the shape out intact and return it you get another one free, have you ever had those? Because they're really good!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I live not very far from Hershey.

When I think of Hershey, I think of Kisses.

And blood, but that's a different story.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    FYI Satan, the secret candy-path to my heart is via Haribo frogs, since we're on the topic.

Please don't send me any dried squid. I have plenty, although I will be sending them all to Viv.

WOOHOO

ceres wrote:

which means it's story time

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote:
    How would you mask your identity when mailing things out normally?

You only need a return address, not name.

n6U6RJFM0TF8R.gif

Pretty much.

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    So, um, this may come off as weird, but I'm in a weird place right now so

Me and the, well, former misses just finished talking out to what amounts to an agreement to split. Ugh, it sucks, but it still hasn't hit me yet. My mind is still processing all the necessary stuff (how I'll pay for this and that, who to tell first, how to handle friends, etc), and I can have the wave of emotion hit me later. So Thanksgiving, and especially Christmas, is going to be extra hard.

And now for the good news!

I have more money that I wouldn't throw all over my wife, for my Satan! Which isn't actually all that much more money because I'm going through a period of not-having-a-lot-of-money. Some would say 'broke', complete with air quotes, but I have my ways. So, um, yay I guess.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    oh metroid :(

Damn, bro

Wanna talk about it?

Aww metroid that sucks, I umm hope you got me?

Seruously though can you make plans to do the holidays with your family?

• IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Korean candy pretty much sucks so it's only good to send people as a joke

"Ha ha! This is what you could be eating in a pinch! Tiny dried fish and some peanuts!"

I had some ginseng candy in Korea, it would have made a great trick souvenir since it tasted like dirt.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Aw man Metroid :( I am so so sorry to hear that.

Also, if you're using a CSS (confirmed to work on Ye Olde and Opty's, whatever it's called) try this:

Opty wrote:
    I fixed it for my personal script, no idea if this'll fix it for Ye Olde though:
    .CommentTable td.Author div.Photo div.PosterOnline {
    	left: -11px !important;
    }

courtesy of Opty

ceres wrote:

Persun sent me candy cane Hershey's kisses one time. They were surprisingly delicious.

Hey, Metroid, it's weird to say an intangible internet place/person is here for you, but... we're here for you, you know? Make sure you have people around who you can talk to, and who will support you.

RUVCwyu.jpg
This discussion has been closed.