As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

10 Things I Hate About Youtube

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    fahrenheit is the same kind of deal except ps2/xbox era so a tad grainier

you wake up standing over a dead body, blood on your hands, in a diner bathroom

so you have to hide the body, clean yourself up and get out of dodge before the cops arrive

it has its flaws but i had great fun playing it alongside max payne and shit

• GatsuiokiGatsuioki Registered User regular
    Ahh, after looking at it it looks a LOT like Indigo Prophecy. I may have to pick it up! Thanks for the recommendation.

Also Bruce Faulconer's music in the Funimation dub of DBZ is the only music for me. I've tried and tried hard to listen to the original Japanese score (and actually LOVE Gohan's SSJ2 theme) but just can't dig it over the Faulconer.

TDOT on Man vs Discovery Channel
    "Alright fuckers, I'm in charge now.

From here on, every week is Shark Week."
    uh

it IS indigo prophecy

thats just its american name (i have no idea why they changed it)

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I just couldn't finish heavy rain.

It just seemed very obtuse to control.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I didn't mind the controls and the novel gameplay was fine

but it was supposed to be some cinematic amazing narrative, a new step in story telling through videogames

and the story just wasn't very good.

i am actually dividing my time between skyrim and this game as they are both equally FUCKING AWESOME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcZPVlilqk&feature=related

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Thats awesome how it switches from racer to platformer. I honestly wasn't thinking about giving it any attention till you posted that video. Now my interest is piqued. DAMN YOU. My backlog friggen huge as it is.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    it is what sonic should have been since like 1998

Well, considering I was a Nintendo during those years, I suppose that why I didn't know about the change. Sigh.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    how was your time as a nintendo

did the snes and n64 pick on you?

• KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPTrcZ4kdT8

Langly wrote:

For me, totally. At least 95% of my Genesis playing years was me playing Sonic 1/2/3/3D Blast

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
    uh... yeah... somehow the word fanboi disappeared from that post.

But I won't edit it. Too funny now. :P

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote:

this was amazing

if only to hear that guy say Wolverine

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Langly wrote:
    how was your time as a nintendo

*snip*

Langly wrote:

For me, totally. At least 95% of my Genesis playing years was me playing Sonic 1/2/3/3D Blast

... And the 5% consisted of mostly garbage games like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC8lyWlEHSk

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ad6C4jRrk8

TWITTER TWATS
    bubsy and columns are not garbage

what the fuck

edited November 2011
    they are when you're 8-11

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
    haha ulilillia

that guy has probably the most textbook case of severe autism in existence

I've spent roughly 3500 to 4000 hours doing things like this, most of which in the first 5 or so years since I first got the game. This part introduces you to scrolling speed you probably have never seen and yet, this is only 40% of my record (obtained in this same level and location). Of all the music in the game, this one is the least liked. Having gotten a new TV tuner, I can finally get videos of my Genesis (though still distorted some, it's completely playable, unlike with GameBridge).

You can tell what speed you have in two ways. The textures are the easiest and most accurate for low speeds. The crossbeams on the track stands are spaced 32 pixels apart. If playing at 60 fps (rather than the 29.97 here), you'd see a "blending" effect at 16 pixels per frame (Bubsy, normally, peaks at 15, for comparison), and at 32, the texture wouldn't seem to change. The other method is the background. It's less accurate, but for speeds much beyond 128 or so, the background is a better gauge as, for every 32 pixels of vertical movement (the horizontal ones vary), the background moves 1 pixel. Thus, if you see the background moving a constant 1 pixel per frame when falling, you know you're going 32 pixels per frame. If the BG was going 16 px/fr, you'd be going 16*32 or 512 px/fr. If you've played Sonic and got really fast, to the point where Sonic runs off screen, think about doubling this scrolling speed, even quadrupling it. Sonic 3 & Knuckles has 24 pixels per frame for the max scrolling speed, but why don't you try 95 pixels per frame once (based on 60 fps, not this 29.97 fps), the absolute fastest you can get (which also happens to be my record). After Super Monkey Ball 2 and Sonic 2 (Sonic 2 due to the endless fall glitch in Metropolis Zone), this is the next fastest I've seen (this ignores my own creations).

While I don't get 95 px/fr in this segment, or even close, as the chances are rare or it could take days to do, I do get to about 38 pixels per frame. This high speed is only possible with the eggs and, if there were an infinite number, the rocket woolies in the forest world. To reset the eggs, so you can try again or attempt for even more height and speed, simply get far enough away (I base it on the center of the green star - watch closely and you'll see) then return before you land. Letting go of the glide button needs good timing as well. For every 4 px/fr speed you have, count 1 second. Thus, if you were going 36 px/fr upon impacting the eggs, wait 9 seconds after this (counting while resetting the eggs), let go of the glide button but hold B. Wait one second, then press the glide button again. This'll ensure you get the fastest. For alignment, note the "checks" on the platform - make the second one barely visible. Getting beyond 32 px/fr causes strange things to happen such as texture-copying; it can also take several attempts as well so be patient. Bubsy, as long as he glides, will never die, even at the 95 px/fr speed.

edited November 2011
    SHIIIT I didn't even realize I linked to that guy until I saw his name under the title

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular

• DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular

Interview with one of Japan's 30 last-remaining sword craftsmen

• E^(i Pi)+1=0E^(i Pi)+1=0 hellRegistered User regular
    It takes six months to make an actual katana sword.

Love me.
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Also when they're folding the metal, they put some blood in there so there is a soul trapped in the blade. After the blade is completed, any time you take it out of the scabbard you have to draw blood with it or it will become cursed. If you plunge a real katana into a flowing stream, the water will flow around the blade!

lmao

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34

Is this you?

• E^(i Pi)+1=0E^(i Pi)+1=0 hellRegistered User regular
    200 dollars for a katana? THAT deserves a LMAO

to chrishallett83 & Beasteh: I don't get it.

Love me.
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

No, it doesn't. If that were true, in the video of that Japanese swordsmith there is a rack with about 5 years work just sitting there, unsold. The dude would have starved to death.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Chris is poking fun at those who ascribe special or mystical properties to katanas, sparked by your claim that it takes 6 months to make one (which it totally doesn't)

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Also when they're folding the metal, they put some blood in there so there is a soul trapped in the blade. After the blade is completed, any time you take it out of the scabbard you have to draw blood with it or it will become cursed. If you plunge a real katana into a flowing stream, the water will flow around the blade!

love this fuckin post

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Wait, the water will flow around the blade as opposed to what?

Through it?

I think I am missing something there.

• RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote:
    Wait, the water will flow around the blade as opposed to what?

Through it?

I think I am missing something there.

the water will run away screaming from the blade

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    edited November 2011
    Edit: Video won't link like the other youtube URL's? Odd phenomenon.

In any case, Chon - Elliptical Illuminations

Gatsuioki on

Gatsuioki wrote:
    Edit: Video won't link like the other youtube URL's? Odd phenomenon.

In any case, Chon - Elliptical Illuminations

you can't use the shortened urls and you can't include all of the extra playlist and related info in the url.

open a video in your browser and copy from the address bar all the info in the url up to but not including the first &. Paste that into the forums and it'll inline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cChqQhXaPv4

O, much appreciated. Thank you, Pipe.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote:
    pleasure.

business.

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Gatsuioki wrote:

Just go Share > Show Options > Check the "Long Link" box.

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

Interview with one of Japan's 30 last-remaining sword craftsmen

This is a pretty cool video

Staleghoti wrote:
    Gatsuioki wrote:

Just go Share > Show Options > Check the "Long Link" box.
    :O

This discussion has been closed.