As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beav's Stuff: Iluq: Finished Caribou spirit painting on 2 (2nd edit added)

13»

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    The problem for me is that it trails off into a line of endless caribou rather than the wispy suggestive tail you had in the initial sketch, or a herd, which would fan out and be wild. The neat rows gives it that sleigh look, if you had the upturned motion of the first one, or a more wide fan of a group behind the initial three, you might get a different mood.

• rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I don't think the scale is going to be an issue. In context the painting will work fine. Though I think I can help with it even out of context. If you crop the image closer in on the spirit and even crop some of them out...it is going to make them feel a lot more massive. I have also added a little more orangey glow into the background to imply there is a lot more heard receding into the distance. I spoilered the original for easy comparison.

post-1-0-89874300-1321572778.jpg
    iluqmeetsthecaribouspirit3.jpg

rts on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    Ahh yeah that looks good. Better sense of scale. I might crop it do you can see a bit more of their horns because I like that element. Will post in a bit thanks guys!

update:

iluqmeetsthecaribouspirit4.jpg

• rtsrts Registered User regular
    Much better!

thanks cake! you've been so helpful with these paintings!

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh wow, love those horns, they really stand out now in their loopyness when before they were getting lost. I was gonna say I didn't like the empty space on either side either but I GUESS cake covered that and now it looks fab.

Kochikens on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Will you please sell prints of all these in sets? I want them all.

Auuughhhhh so awesome!

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    That is much improved. Good work beavs.

• ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    Oh wow they are all so awesome! I wish I had badass animal spirits.

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    The empty space and the scale of the 'bou makes it look like the entire sky is crashing in on her, which is awesome.
    The snow effect seems to be softly falling powder, which probably adds to the invisible-sleigh problem.
    I like how iluq isn't even looking at the giant glowing caribou things. She's just rolling on past, haters gonna hate.

Maybe this is just me, but I cannot unsee
    The horns as graffiti tags

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178