As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Catherine - the new competitive hotness. Tournament Hype!

1252627282931»

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    And, of course, there already IS Catherine cosplay.

Good night, everyone.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    That was amazing.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    And, of course, there already IS Catherine cosplay.

Good night, everyone.
    Why... are you surprised?

Also at PAX, https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-nsT5YnZoRVI/TlvupJrJgYI/AAAAAAAABYI/11bRCp5ezLw/s640/IMG_1239.JPG

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    It ain't much of a sale, but Amazon's got the CE on a weekly deal for 70.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
    The stream didn't show grand finals.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ɹǝʌo sı ǝʌoן

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Just in case anyone has been waiting for a price drop on this, Best Buy and Amazon both have Catherine for $40 right now.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So I finally fired this up. I'm enjoying the concept of it, but I've hit a wall where I'm dying over and over and over.

On the second block puzzle.

On easy.

So what the hell am I doing wrong? I'm at the section where the guy says "if you pull a block out, you'll hang from the edge and can cross over! So I do that, get the coins, get surrounded by heavy blocks and get stuck.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Bought this day one, just now breaking it open. Man does the difficulty ramp up with the third boss. Loving the characters so far.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    This is honestly the worst Atlus made game I've ever played and I've beaten both versions of Persona 1.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Thanks for sharing.

wVEsyIc.png
    You should ask him what he thinks about Tim Schafer some time.

Getting close to the end of this game. Man, I really do appreciate this game... when else would we get a retail game that's essentially about block puzzles? How often do we get stories about the middle of relationships? But holy crap, this game doesn't paint either sex well. Every guy is waffly and non-committal, and every woman is a controlling harpy. Maybe it's a Japanese thing, but geez.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:
    and every woman is a controlling harpy. Maybe it's a Japanese thing, but geez.

That sounds like every relationship two of my closest friends have ever had. Trust me, not just a Japanese thing. Some guys just have terrible luck.

PSN|AspectVoid
    AspectVoid wrote:
    cloudeagle wrote:

That sounds like every relationship two of my closest friends have ever had. Trust me, not just a Japanese thing. Some guys just have terrible luck.

I dunno, after the C/Katherine screaming match I went to the other room to hug my reasonably sane wife.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Wow, this just came up on my GameFly queue and I've been playing it casually (on Normal) for the past week or so. I had head so much about the "adult" nature of the story, and maybe it's because I'm an "older" player (I'm 45) with some actual life-experience, but the characters all seem so trite and shallow. I mean, I was married (for 16 years!), divorced, through a dozen or so short-term relationships, in a long-term relationship where I cheated AND I'm a practicing alcoholic! There hasn't been a single play session where I haven't rolled my eyes in wonder at some of the inane dialog and/or ultra simplified black-v-white choices.

Last night I got the question about "good houskeeping" (Think of the three traits you find most attractive in a member of the opposite gender. Is a good housekeeper one of them?) and nearly spit my drink out from laughing. I mean... really?!!? That an "adult" subject!? Not even close.

I am enjoying the puzzles, but the boss levels have been kicking my ass. The time pressure is incredibly tight compared to the non-boss levels. I've never really felt any time pressure on the normal levels, but the boss challenges are so incredibly fast paced! I keep thinking I'm going to have to drop the difficulty at some point, but every time I start a new nightmare with normal non-boss levels I can't help but think I won't need to. I'm hoping to finish Night 5 this weekend.

26904.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:
    AspectVoid wrote:
    cloudeagle wrote:

I dunno, after the C/Katherine screaming match I went to the other room to hug my reasonably sane wife.

There's also a grand total of three female characters.

That might have something to do with it. And the essence of the plot demands that two of them be, well, angry at some point or another.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    The fourth boss was kind of crazy. I died about 20 times less than five minutes into the fight, then all of a sudden I was at the checkpoint, and I finished it after one more death. I like it when things just click.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So the long haired Katherine is much more my thang.

Can I just, y'know, blow Catherine off completely and do my best to continue nailing the hot one?

Oh brilliant
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    You can absolutely do that. Hell, you can blow them both off if you want.

Just don't expect the story to go through any dramatic changes until near the end.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Also yaaay Katherine is on the 360 cover art!

Oh brilliant
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Follow your heart Raven, I think you'll be very satisfied with the ending.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    So...

It seems Catherine will make it to Europe after all. Currently, the release date is scheduled to be February 10th.

There's a free iPhone app called Robo5 that seems like an iPhone Catherine clone.

Or a Rapunzel clone

That needs more "YEAH!" when you get to the top.

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    cross posting from game deals:

Catherine Love is Over Edition, 360 30$, PS3 46$ (the standard 360 edition is 40$!)

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Finally started playing this, having previously put it aside because I had other games to play and I was busy. But I'm up to the sixth day and I'm really enjoying it so far. Can't say I'm a big fan of the block puzzle bits but they've got a surprising amount of depth. Enjoy to be enjoyable anyway, though I by far prefer the more adventure game-ey stuff. I should be on track to finish this in the next couple of days, when I'll probably put it to the side so I can rush through some other game before the GOTY voting at the start of January. Might come back to it after that and try platinum it.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Word is that Axis Mundi US is glitched, and the blocks fall a lot faster than they should. As if it weren't tough enough already.

wVEsyIc.png
    It's February 10th and, well, Catherine's been released in Europe.

Though what with all the other games coming out right about now I wonder if I'm the only one who cares.

• The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    I care! Just not enough to buy it at full price.

If you're a cheapskate, you could get it off the US PSN for $40(or whatever it'd cost you guys to buy US PSN cards).

wVEsyIc.png
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    So I just bought this. I know basically nothing beyond it being a weird adventure/puzzle hybrid. Anything major that affects how enjoyable it is I should know going in?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Anything major that affects how enjoyable it is I should know going in?

The Stray Sheep bar is more important to the story than it might seem to be at first. So just hang out there until the place empties out.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    It's February 10th and, well, Catherine's been released in Europe.

Though what with all the other games coming out right about now I wonder if I'm the only one who cares.
    It hits Australia on the 23rd, in case you guys are wondering.

• PurpleMonkeyPurpleMonkey Why so derp? Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the supply is like on the European release on the game? I kinda made a resolution to spend less on games this year so I don't want to pick the game straight away but I don't want discover months later that the game was only available in very limited supplies and the price has massively shot up

teddiepicture-1.jpg
    XBL, Steam & Tribes: elmartino333
    Anything major that affects how enjoyable it is I should know going in?

The Stray Sheep bar is more important to the story than it might seem to be at first. So just hang out there until the place empties out.

Oh, and drink at least three drinks each night.