As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

11/19/11, 5:00 EST - The Republican Social Values [Debate], now with 600% more Wingnut!

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    The Declaration of Independence isn't our founding document, you ignorant jackass.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Question: Why are people frightened of us fundies?

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Seriously, when we did just start accepting the whole Jesus has his dick in the government BS that these people throw around? Hell, how long until we get the pubs actually trying to remove the whole Separation thing from the Constitution cause 'the Founding Fathers totally didn't mean Christianity'.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Why are we here so great, when America is so shitty?

Santorum may be a religious wackjob, but he at least actually believes in it. Gingrich just doesn't give a shit.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote:
    Seriously, when we did just start accepting the whole Jesus has his dick in the government BS that these people throw around? Hell, how long until we get the pubs actually trying to remove the whole Separation thing from the Constitution cause 'the Founding Fathers totally didn't mean Christianity'.

We haven't. They are just crazy.

Santorum just mentioned a filmmaker no one has ever heard of.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    The Declaration of Independence isn't our founding document, you ignorant jackass.

What's our founding document? Articles of Confederation?

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Whenever I am frightened with what these people say, I just remind myself they are partly pandering to the crazies.

I mean the audience for this begs them to basically pray in each answer. So. That helps some.

Ron Paul, once again the death metal band at the polka festival, plays another song the audience really doesn't want to hear.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Well I meant, as a country. Even (most) Democrats feel the need to throw how out some love to God once in awhile. I'm fairly sure religious belief is damn near a requirement to be in Office which defeats the entire point! Ugh!

Magus` on
    emnmnme wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

What's our founding document? Articles of Confederation?

The Constitution, since it actually founded the American government that still exists today.

The same Constitution that forbids religious tests as a condition for holding government office, and constructs a wall of separation between church and state.

edited November 2011
    EDIT: Argh, forums are acting weird at me.

Cain: religious people need to stop being so subtle about their beliefs.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Magus` wrote:

They're not going to remove Separation from the Constitution. They're all putting on a show for the cameras.

These candidates would nail Jesus to the Cross if it got them elected President.

Magus` wrote:
    Well I meant, as a country. Even (most) Democrats feel the need to throw how out some love to God once in awhile. I'm fairly sure religious belief is damn near a requirement to be in Officer which defeats the entire point! Ugh!
    That is irritating, but it's part of America.

Cain just called out the PC police

• Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    argh I can't take it. The idea that religious people are somehow afraid to talk about religion because oppressive atheists... grr.

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    As a Christian who is pretty much a Fundie, I want my religion as far away as possible from politics.

A wise man once said, "Mixing religion and politics is like mixing ice cream with manure. It doesn't do much to the manure, but it sure messes up the ice cream."

The big issue I have with it is, if people think of the US as a "Christian Nation" (which is a load of poo) every time the govt. goes out and does something stupid in another country, it makes Christianity look bad. For example: the Iraq and Afghan wars being called a "Crusade."

Of course, too many Christians forget about everything Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    Fundies are happier than anyone else! Why?

10 bucks no one says ignorance is bliss.

My name is Frank Luntz, and I believe that correlation equals causation.

"Why do those miserable, horrible liberals attack us loving, happy, Christians?"

Fun bonus question for Herman Cain: If religious faith is positive correlated with happiness, health, and public service, why should mosques be banned?

Man, when you start a religion by nailing some poor Jewish dude to a cross, you really set yourself up for a martyr complex.

Yeah but most of the founding fathers were deists.

Wait seriously, he's blaming the FRENCH REVOLUTION?!?

"If you're a pastor, you need to be in the pulpit every sunday"

Rick Perry, taking the hard stand.

The thread title really lowballed the percentage of additional wingnut this debate provides.

Rick Perry prayed for rain at two public rallies in Texas. The rain never came.

The founding father thing is a terrible distortion.

But, you know, facts.

emnmnme wrote:

I wish the moderator would call him out on that.

"Governor Perry, the gods have not answered your prayers. Have you done something to anger the gods?"

Ron Paul believes in legalizing freedom and criminalizing sodomy.

Ron Paul is the not crazy one in this debate?

I are confused.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    The fundie description of "not being afraid" of saying your own values seems to mean "telling everyone all about random shit you believe"

Ron Paul: Dude, freedom of choice means you have to allow things you DON'T like too.

Of course then it turns it into a screed against welfare and unemployment benefits.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:

Isn't this proof that God hates Rick Perry and/or Texas?

Or, technically God knows that suffering is good for both Rick Perry and/or Texas.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Bachmann, most of your people ignore that law

Pi-r8 wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

"Governor Perry, the gods have not answered your prayers. Have you done something to anger the gods?"

"Governor Perry, do you think that since your Christian God has failed to provide rain for your people, you should revive the time-honored religious tradition of sacrificing the still-beating heart of a prisoner to the dread god Quetzalcoatl?"

"As long as I can kill me some prisoners, I'm all for it."

I wonder if she can name the 10 commandments...

Steam
    I'd be perfectly happy to make a deal with Bachman. Pastors can say whatever the hell they want, but they have to pay the same taxes as anyone else.

Whoa, american exceptionalism. Bachmann, you never fail me.

Where_Is_Your_God_Now.jpg

Bachmann: churches should say whatever they want about politics.

Because American Exceptionalism.
    Because the ten commandments
    Because Blackstone
    Because that bad Lyndon Johnson

OH CHRIST SO MUCH CRAZY

Lawndart wrote:
    Pi-r8 wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

"Governor Perry, do you think that since your Christian God has failed to provide rain for your people, you should revive the time-honored religious tradition of sacrificing the still-beating heart of a prisoner to the dread god Quetzalcoatl?"

"As long as I can kill me some prisoners, I'm all for it."

Well, yeah. Clearly they're angry at him for insufficient blood sacrifice.

• ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Did Bachmann just say churches have a liberal bias?

Yes, conservative values get silenced in the pulpit all the time.

o_O

MyDcmbr wrote:
    I wonder if she can name the 10 commandments...

Well, there is that study showing that athiests and agnostics generally know more about the bible than religious people do.

Did Cain just suggest taxing churches either way?

C'mon moderator, start asking them about Islam. It'll be... Well, maybe not funny, but even more creepy.

So basically if a pastor says something liberal they're being intimidated, all pastors REALLY want to talk about are speeches from the 1850s.

Wait, is Cain about to say 9-9-9?