As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bloodyroar is now engaged [chat]

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    something about WalMart also kind of brings out the human detritus. I live in one of the 20 richest counties in the country, the kind of place where everyone's dressed for tennis and the mere sight of my old beat-up Saturn is a glaring faux pas, but the Walmart a few blocks down the street somehow manages to conjure a clientele of 400-lb women with six kids or dudes with their underwear hanging out of their pants seemingly out of thin air.

show up at midnight to see the cream of the crop

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    what a weird trip

i went to the corner store to buy some milk

i've been in there a bunch of times (and chased out a couple of jerky teenagers once) so i kinda know the family that owns it

anyway, one of their kids is complaining aloud about not understanding his algebra homework

and the parent's trying to help him between customers

so i offered to help and explained his homework. and to his parents' credit they gathered around so that they could understand it as well to help him in the future.

the awkward part was that some other customers came in and did the awkward 'cough for attention, i want to be served' thing and the mom said EXCUSE ME, WE BE ONE SECOND

it was funny but i was finishing up at that point

i am a community leader :4

Today, Chu made Philadelphia a little less shitty <3

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    that is awesome, chu

rRwz9.gif
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Man, this is why I hate having large bills on me. I have a $100 bill and a ten and three ones. I usually like to get a lot of chinese takeout (like $15 worth) and eat it over the course of the day / next day, but no way in hell are they going to change a benjamin.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    Man, this is why I hate having large bills on me. I have a $100 bill and a ten and three ones. I usually like to get a lot of chinese takeout (like $15 worth) and eat it over the course of the day / next day, but no way in hell are they going to change a benjamin.

Be less baller.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    what a weird trip

i've been in there a bunch of times (and chased out a couple of jerky teenagers once) so i kinda know the family that owns it

anyway, one of their kids is complaining aloud about not understanding his algebra homework

so i offered to help and explained his homework. and to his parents' credit they gathered around so that they could understand it as well to help him in the future.

the awkward part was that some other customers came in and did the awkward 'cough for attention, i want to be served' thing and the mom said EXCUSE ME, WE BE ONE SECOND

You seem like a really nice guy.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Podly wrote:

#uppereastsideproblems

Organichu wrote:
    what a weird trip

well, i also molest local runaways... so i try to do what i can to even out the karma

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Dynagrip wrote:
    show up at midnight to see the cream of the crop

yeah it is one of the few all-night places here so I've headed up there a bunch when I need milk at 2am or whatever, and it is definitely a thing to see

rRwz9.gif
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Ya know, this whole Dynagrip/Jokerman thing is one of the Secret Santa things that I worry about.

I would hate to get a present for someone, them not like it, and talk about how much they don't like it on the forums. I don't know how any of you would feel about it, but I would feel AWFUL.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    what a weird trip

well, i also molest local runaways... so i try to do what i can to even out the karma

That's a reasonable outlook. :P

edited November 2011
    Podly wrote:

If you give the deliveryman one anyway, you will probably make his week, or month. Maybe even year. An $80-90 tip might not be the best thing that happens to him this year but it will probably be totally unexpected so it will seem spectacular.

thehumandignity on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    That would be pretty damn baller.

But alas I need the money and spent waaaaaaay too much money this week taking out my ladyfriend and visited some buddy's restaurants/bars last night and was a baller at those places.

Baller baller baller

also this is down the street from me

Stevie%20Wonder%20Mural%20-%20Nostrand%20Ave%20Brooklyn.jpg

baller

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Ya know, this whole Dynagrip/Jokerman thing is one of the Secret Santa things that I worry about.

I would hate to get a present for someone, them not like it, and talk about how much they don't like it on the forums. I don't know how any of you would feel about it, but I would feel AWFUL.

i think this is the only time it's happened across like

hundreds and hundreds of gifts

MyDcmbr wrote:

Who got what, what and why was it awful?

MyDcmbr wrote:

If you want you can PM me your gift idea, and I will pretend I am getting it, and post about how awesome it is without revealing what it is.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Just don't give someone gay books.

let's not worry about christmas gifts and the strife they cause

my racist childhood has a monopoly on ruining christmas

meblacksanta.jpg

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    that dragon was awfully obliging

he landed on top of me and then died

I think I am going to give someone a $100 tip.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    are pansexual books okay, sarks

ha HA

black santa

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    I have seen the same pictures of Organichu more times than I have seen pictures of myself or my family.

Mim wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:

Jokerman had a friend who went on a trip to India buy Dynagrip a Buddha head.

It did not receive a good reception.

Fast forward to this year, Dynagrip commented on religious iconography in this Wishlist and Jokerman took offense.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    What I'm sayin' is, he's a whore.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Look at the angle on those eyes!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    yeah

i really don't take enough photos

i'm a recycler, very e-vironmentally conscious

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    well I certainly wish skyrim looked prettier and ran better on my computer but it's decent!

reckon I'll have to look into skills and whatnot soon.

Oh my god, I just skipped the last half of SuperS to get to Stars.

I just couldn't anymore with that Pegasus crap.

MyDcmbr wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    MyDcmbr wrote:

Jokerman had a friend who went on a trip to India buy Dynagrip a Buddha head.

It did not receive a good reception.

Fast forward to this year, Dynagrip commented on religious iconography in this Wishlist and Jokerman took offense.

That seems like a really thoughtful and unique gift to get from someone on the internet. Who wouldn't like that?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Podly wrote:
    ha HA

black santa

He comes from the South Pole. The Deep South Pole.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Oh my god, I just skipped the last half of SuperS to get to Stars.

I just couldn't anymore with that Pegasus crap.

NERRRRRRRRD

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:

I would hate to put a lot of thought into Secret Santas every time I participate and do the best that I can for my Santee but then my Santa immediately throws up their hands, goes whoops, couldn't figure out what to get you, so I asked this dude I know to pick you something up off the street and oh yeah, I'll send it in a box stuffed with shredded newspaper, no note or any word whatsoever who it came from.

Daxon wrote:
    well I certainly wish skyrim looked prettier and ran better on my computer but it's decent!

What settings is it running on?

Well, it's a good thing people made lists then!

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Daxon wrote:

You can do alot of .ini tweaking to maximize the pretty for minimal impact

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    A surprising number of girls on this forum are playing Skyrim. I wouldn't think a game about dragon slaying would be appealing to the fairer sex.

Reasons Skyrim has crashed today:

1. I picked up a carrot.
    2. I cast a spell.
    3. I spoke to someone.
    4. I was walking.

edited November 2011
    It was seriously the worst present I've ever gotten. I thought it was sent as a big "fuck you" and yet satisfy the barest requirements of Secret Santas. It was also like 3 weeks late.

When I posted pictures of it other posters called it "epic", so this shit isn't just in my head.

Dynagrip on
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I would hate to put a lot of thought into Secret Santas every time I participate and do the best that I can for my Santee but then my Santa immediately throws up their hands, goes whoops, couldn't figure out what to get you, so I asked this dude I know to pick you something up off the street and oh yeah, I'll send it in a box stuffed with shredded newspaper, no note or any word whatsoever who it came from.

Hey, you didn't like it and that will happen. He apologized twice in that very thread that you didn't like it.

To bring it up 2 years later in Secret Santa is over the line IMO.

Steam
This discussion has been closed.