As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

These Police will serve us a peppery stew...

124»

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    TLB, I am a little confused. You are throwing our the term the worst, does this relieve Wandering of being the worst?

Or is the worst a separate title than the King of Bad Opinions?

the worst is different than king of bad opinions

a throne wandering steadfastly refuses to abdicate

7656367.jpg
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    Guy, I don't know who you are, but you just went into the "cool kids" section of my book for posting love for The Police.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    TLB, I expect a 500-word essay answering my question.

In cursive.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I like the word fuck

JtgVX0H.png
    Instead of the essay I will get hot for teacher and smoke in the boy's room

7656367.jpg
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    Tox you make a good point and I can see the rationale of why you would say fuck the police based on that rationale.

Lawinator why would you be willing to make a claim like fuck the police if, in fact, the majority of cops aren't corrupt?

Alright, the call of "Fuck the police" has become something more than the simple stringing of those 3 words. It no longer really means "hey i hate all cops" or whatever. It is really an institutional thing now. The corruption is systemic and stains the reputation and honor of the good cops in there, when they are pressured to cover up for other people's mistakes or malicious deeds. They may not be acting in overtly corrupt ways, but they are forced to be complicit in other people's crimes.

Ok then that's cool, I just didn't get this from your first post.

I guess I'm not qualified to make a judgment on the respectives police departments over there in the US, but I have a hard time swallowing the assumption that the negatives of the Australian police force outweigh the good work they do, as an organisation.

I understand the point that fuck the police is now regarded as an idiom for general dissatifaction with the constabulary, as opposed to someone voicing their animosity towards the coppers who make up the force.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    ChicoBlue wrote:
    Y
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Ronnie laid next to the fire, the flickering light glistening off of his oiled, hairy chest. A tall, slender figure emerged from the darkness that had a suddenness about it one might call "sting-like." It wasn't frightening, however, as an overwhelming calm accompanied the slim body. Ronnie wasn't surprised, of course. He knew he and Sting were sharing the cabin for the weekend. As Sting knelt down to Ronnie, he held out a glass of red wine with his left hand as he sipped the one in his right.

Ronnie said with a hint of whimsy in his voice, "Can you believe the crazy mix-up that resulted in us sharing a cabin?" Sting laughed. Ronnie said, "It WAS a mix-up, right?"

Sting leaned in closer, "You know, I'm a big fan of your webcomic."

HugmasterGeneral on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Instead of the essay I will get hot for teacher and smoke in the boy's room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_vjq-KPus

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Oh my.

• Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote:
    ChicoBlue wrote:
    Y
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Ronnie laid next to the fire, the flickering light glistening off of his oiled, hairy chest. A tall, slender figure emerged from the darkness that had a suddenness about it one might call "sting-like." It wasn't frightening, however, as an overwhelming calm accompanied the slim body. Ronnie wasn't startled, of course. He knew he and Sting were sharing the cabin for the weekend. As Sting knelt down to Ronnie, he held out a glass of red wine with his left hand as he sipped the one in his right.

Ronnie said with a hint of whimsy in his voice, "Can you believe the crazy mix-up that resulted in us sharing a cabin?" Sting laughed. Ronnie said, "It WAS a mix-up, right?"

Sting leaned in closer, "You know, I'm a big fan of your webcomic."

230px-Sting-FeydRautha.jpg230px-Sting-FeydRautha.jpg230px-Sting-FeydRautha.jpg

Three out of Four Stings Approve This Post.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Please have mercy.

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    yesssssssss I got 3 stings

dag ronnie

7656367.jpg
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    shit can't believe I didn't think of the police connection earlier. That's why Ronnie's the webcomic guy and not me

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    A big part of why individual cops can get away with shit like this is probably the esprit de corps among them. You have ONE person who fucks up, and the rest might disagree with their behavior but they sure as hell ain't gonna rat out one of their own.

Which is understandable to a degree.

Police brutality is a problem in pretty much every western country nowadays.

I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Ronnie just copy pasted that Police post from the webcomic thread

just like a webcomicing hack would.
    <3

zkHcp.jpg
    Sadly I didn't copy paste. I actually got all the links again. Haha.

ronnie I believed in you

7656367.jpg
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    e: I really wish I could find more videos of the good cops, but as was stated earlier, no one gives a shit about that. Everyone just wants to see them fucking up.

This isn't even really the case for most decent people. They hate seeing them fuck up, and focus on it in hopes of preventing further instances.

• MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    With all this serious talk going on, I'm surprised we haven't started getting page long quotes from people arguing.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Nope, we're not doing this here.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.